Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52/Supermac Discounts?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, they ARE an exceptionally good looking wheel, and even on a magnetic FiST, I would be tempted to get them in 'impossible to keep clean' white, just to honor the Group B Audi Quattro Sport S1s, and their contribution to world rallying.

I actually knew some SCCA Pro rallyists who had those 'werks' wheels on their Ur Quattro Sport regular/long wheelbase open class cars back 'in the day'.

My shop is a dealer for 1552, problem is even if I get 4-5 sets shipped to me here in arizona, shipping to get them out to everyone individually SUCKS and would probably negate any savings, but if there is enough interest I could call up my rep and see about drop shipping costs. PM me if your interested, BTW i love both tarmac and turbomac (I have silver tarmac on my FiST and love them) everytime I call they are out of white and tell me get them powdercoated white if they really want it... Might be different now been a month or two since I contacted my rep last.

OP
G
Thread Starter #23
My shop is a dealer for 1552, problem is even if I get 4-5 sets shipped to me here in arizona, shipping to get them out to everyone individually SUCKS and would probably negate any savings...
Are the individual sales just drop shipped?

BTW i love both tarmac and turbomac (I have silver tarmac on my FiST and love them)
I'm pretty excited/anxious to get them and mount them up.

-Vic

grnmachine02

Can confirm; they had the buy 3 get 1 free deal Black Friday and the following week. I was very tempted because they look great but they're so heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to google, they weigh 21-23 lbs. Which is equal to, or a bit less, than stock wheels.

OP
G
Thread Starter #26
According to google, they weigh 21-23 lbs. Which is equal to, or a bit less, than stock wheels.
Yep. And for a street wheel, who's going to notice 1-2 pounds unsprung weight on each corner either way? As long as the wheel is safe and not going to fail on me, I'm good. Haven't heard too many people road test these cars and say, "Yeah, these Fiesta STs are great little cars, but the wheels are just too dang heavy."

Now, if we're talking about a set of wheels for the track, then yeah, let's find a light, strong wheel that'll clear some big brakes, mount up some sticky R-compound tires and go play. The carbon fiber wheels on the GT350R are supposed to really transform the car as compared to the wheels on the GT350.

My wheels are supposed to ship today. I'll weigh the Turbomac against the stock wheel and see where we're at. I am expecting to the Turbomac to be a little heavier than the Tarmac.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yep. And for a street wheel, who's going to notice 1-2 pounds unsprung weight on each corner either way? As long as the wheel is safe and not going to fail on me, I'm good. Haven't heard too many people road test these cars and say, "Yeah, these Fiesta STs are great little cars, but the wheels are just too dang heavy."

Now, if we're talking about a set of wheels for the track, then yeah, let's find a light, strong wheel that'll clear some big brakes, mount up some sticky R-compound tires and go play. The carbon fiber wheels on the GT350R are supposed to really transform the car as compared to the wheels on the GT350.

My wheels are supposed to ship today. I'll weigh the Turbomac against the stock wheel and see where we're at. I am expecting to the Turbomac to be a little heavier than the Tarmac.
+1!!! [thumb] ^^^

The thing is, to MANY on here, IF the wheel you are replacing the stockers with are not HALF the weight, even for street ONLY use then they are considered boat anchors to them and you are committing a mortal SIN. [nono]
NO MATTER AT ALL that you cannot stand the way those 'feathers' look every time you walk up to your ride, that 'sacred' un-sprung/rotational weight savings is ALL that EVER matters, even for commuting. LOL

When weighing the 1552s against the stockers, also take into consideration the positive of the EXTRA INCH of width you gain as well. [wink]

grnmachine02

The thing that kills me the most, is that damn near every aftermarket wheel in our bolt pattern is black (I know there are options out there, but the vast majority are black) and black wheels are, in my humble opinion, god awful terrible.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The thing that kills me the most, is that damn near every aftermarket wheel in our bolt pattern is black (I know there are options out there, but the vast majority are black) and black wheels are, in my humble opinion, god awful terrible.

I fully understand, and I feel the same way about bright silver/chrome/polished. [wink]

Zissou

1-2 lbs per wheel, sure I probably wouldn't notice. Heck I was in that camp before. But when you get down to shedding 5 lbs per wheel like some other aftermarket wheels (Rota Slipstreams come to mind), then that's going to be noticeable.

Because the unsprung weight is rotational mass, each pound has a multiplication effect to compare to sprung weight. I've heard between 5x and 20x but I've never done the math. Shedding 100-200 lbs; that's certainly going to be noticeable. That's why so many here harp on lightweight wheels.

Are you getting the cast or forged? Either way those wheels do look super cool and I'm going to be jealous. I would be interested to know the weight difference, please do follow up.

OP
G
Thread Starter #31
Are you getting the cast or forged? Either way those wheels do look super cool and I'm going to be jealous. I would be interested to know the weight difference, please do follow up.
Getting cast - this car is for cheap fun. I won't even spend the forged money for race wheels. A lot of the roads suck around here, fully expecting to bend a wheel or two over the years with these rubberband sidewalls.

I'm going to try and remember to start a build thread this evening. Definitely plan to weigh up the Turbomacs vs stock wheels.

I only every ordered on 1 single pallet to my shop then distributed them to local buyers.