Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fifteen52/Supermac Discounts?

(correction ^^^ Turbomacs)

I'm a kid of the 80s, favorite cars growing up were the Group B rally cars. And so I've decided on the 1552 Turbomac.

I'm supposed to take delivery of the FiST on Tuesday (being delivered to local dealer on Monday), and I'm pulling the trigger on the wheels as soon as I get home with the car.

Any group buys, discount codes, sales on the Turbomacs?

Thanks
-Vic

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I don't know IF they run any holiday type sales or not, maybe contact their forum on here.

But YES, they certainly got the replication of the Audi Quattro Sport S1 SWB Group B car's rollers down to as close as anyone ever has! [thumb]
(Those cars were PURE INSANITY, and barely controllable by the BEST 'pilots' of the day! [ohcrap])

OP
G
Thread Starter #8
I've found a few different companies selling these. Is there are preferred vendor this forum likes to use?

We are a 1552 dealer here at CP-E. Most dealers sell 1552 products at MAP (min. advertised price). Twice a year they have a 25% off (buy 3 get 1 free sale).

OP
G
Thread Starter #12
Wheels ordered. Mod Bargains is running a Winter Sale right now, so also picked up some SSR lugs.

OP
G
Thread Starter #15
CONGRATS!

Which color did you order, and going on what color FiST?
Magnetic car, went with silver wheels.

I looked around on their site the only sale was $33 off the total price. Is there a better deal on there?
That's it. I think I was $36 off with lugs included. Not a huge discount, but better than nothing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They don't cost all that much more than the OZed Superturismo LMs, or Leggendas, so if you like this style better, they are not all that bad cost wise (and you are also getting .5" to 1.0" more width). [wink] [thumb]

Magnetic car, went with silver wheels.

That's it. I think I was $36 off with lugs included. Not a huge discount, but better than nothing.
What size tire are you thinking of going with? I saw several at the ST Meet this past weekend and a 215/40-17 seemed the popular choice.

I'm hoping to pickup some TurboMacs in the next couple months and get them powdercoated. Anxious to hear how your experience with them is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #19
What size tire are you thinking of going with? I saw several at the ST Meet this past weekend and a 215/40-17 seemed the popular choice.

I'm hoping to pickup some TurboMacs in the next couple months and get them powdercoated. Anxious to hear how your experience with them is.
I'm remounting the stock tires on them for now. Whenever I wear them out I'm going with the 215/40 you mention.

Once upon a time I was an avid autocrosser. Getting older I got tired of sweating balls in a parking lot for 6 hours for 5 minutes of drive time. So I'm looking at trying out an open track event in March. If I do more of them I'll throw some sticky tires on the stock rims. If I really get hooked I'll buy something light and wide for track use.

If you caught DloST's One Take on YouTube, I'll be building along those lines. No stupid amounts of lag from the turbo, no boomy exhaust, not retarded stiff suspension; from the video it's a super driveable, super well thought out combo. He's running 215s on Turbomacs (at least he was in the video), and only rubbed once in the video when they were cornering, under braking, and hit a bump. They mention it on camera.

I'd considered bronze, but unsure how it'd look. Some silver and gray cars look great with gold or bronze wheels, and some don't. Matching the exact tone of bronze would be important, and I didn't want to spend $100 extra per wheel (I checked) to risk not liking it. I considered white too. In the end I went subtle. I can always change the wheel color later. This is the beauty of playing with such an economical car.

I'm surprised I've not run across anyone painting the wheels. Those Duplicolor rattle cans for the wheel paint give pretty good results. Not as good as powder coating but if you curb a wheel, something I imagine wouldn't be too uncommon since we're running so little sidewall, being able to grab a can and touch it up sounds pretty sweet to me.

I need to start a build thread.

OP
G
Thread Starter #20
They don't cost all that much more than the OZed Superturismo LMs, or Leggendas, so if you like this style better, they are not all that bad cost wise (and you are also getting .5" to 1.0" more width). [wink] [thumb]
I _LOVE_ both the Tarmac and Turbomac. Most of the Fifteen52 wheels look really good - good designer on staff. (BTW, I've a bachelor's in art and a master's in architecture, so I'm not shy to share my opinion on design [coolsmile] ) They are a bit pricey for a small cast wheel, but not so much it kept me away.

Both the wheels you mention are also nice, I did consider the Leggendas. But in the end I went 80s rally car - my younger years got the better of me.