Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba short throw Shifter help........

Installed the Boomba short throw Shifter and now getting some noise. Hope I can get some help on this. Getting a clicking noise going from neutral into 1st. Also shifting from 2nd into 1st it sometimes wants to go into reverse. I cut the tip on the reverse lockout like the instructions says but it wants to ride the left side of the shifter. Any insight how to fix this would be great.

IMG_0114.JPG

I have the kit installed but don't have this issue. Did you install just the short shifter, or did you do the adapter plate as well?

Also, are you using the factory knob? I had an aftermarket one that did weird stuff with my reverse lockout after I installed the short shifter.

OP
Smoke627
Thread Starter #3
I did both the plate and the short throw shifter. I also have a aftermarket knob but i also tried the factory knob and it did it also. When I post this on the forum I did not have the plate insalled yet and after it was installed it does not want to go into reverse as easy. Still have to be careful about shifting from 2nd into 1st. The clicking is still there just not as loud but then again I may have just got use to it.