Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Better oil dipstick ??

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
So... I've always super hated the cable type dip stick we have stock. It's hard to read and I've heard of more than one person that has over filled the engine with oil because the cable/stick is hard to read.

So... check this out... I swapped the motor in my fiesta, added oil today, and when I went to check the oil level....

BAMMMM

The new motor has this normal, non-sucking dip stick.

Is this something that ford changed through the years? If I had known a non-crappy dipstick was out there, I'd have gotten a new one a long time ago.

If so... this will bring attention to it so other 2014 guys like me can upgrade :)

So... I've always super hated the cable type dip stick we have stock. It's hard to read and I've heard of more than one person that has over filled the engine with oil because the cable/stick is hard to read.

So... check this out... I swapped the motor in my fiesta, added oil today, and when I went to check the oil level....

BAMMMM

The new motor has this normal, non-sucking dip stick.

Is this something that ford changed through the years? If I had known a non-crappy dipstick was out there, I'd have gotten a new one a long time ago.

If so... this will bring attention to it so other 2014 guys like me can upgrade :)
On our 2014 Escape with the 1.6, there was a recall for the dipstick, and they put a sticker on the core support. Apparently there were a lot of dealer mechanics overfilling.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] does the new one have a part number stamped on it?

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
[MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] does the new one have a part number stamped on it?
Yes sir. I'll get it and take a pic in the next couple days. I was busy, and I thought, "I must be the last person to know about this dipstick" lol

There's a trick to reading the dip stick as best as possible that that's spraying parts cleaner or brake cleaner on it and boomlol hope that helps some of you guys !

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Nice! Thx. I've managed with the old one but I usually dip it / clean it a few times to check the level. It's the little things..

You guys should check on your car. I'm pretty sure the recall covered all 1.6 cars. And it included a free oil change.

Hey [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION]!

Yeah man! Here I got the newer one! 2015 Canadian Fiesta ST!

[rockon]

-Seb-

OP
Sourskittle

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Hey [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION]!

Yeah man! Here I got the newer one! 2015 Canadian Fiesta ST!

[rockon]

-Seb-
Yes sir, my 2015 motor in my 2014 has a few differences.

My new motor has the new coolant temp sensor in the cylinder head that my 2014 head did NOT have. Not the cracked 2014 head or the cracked 2014 escape head OR the 2014 head I used to replace the original cracked head lol. But this one has it, but it's not much use since I don't even have a harness plug for it lol.

Seb, if you get a chance to post the part# ( it's on the yellow handle ) go ahead. It will be tomorrow evening or maybe Tue before I'm able to work on the car again at the shop :)

Hey @Souskittle!

I never been able to post an image on this forum...maybe I'm retarded but if someone can explain me how do to it than I could be good to post it this evening...

If not than I'll just post the serial # I found without picture.

[rockon]

-Seb-

My 2015 came with the flat-metal type dip stick. The rubber gasket failed on it and was pissing oil all over the top of my engine, so I went in to get a new dip stick ($6). The only one he could find was the "cable" type with the plastic end that you guys seemed concerned about. Which is the updated type?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
You guies should follow my threads... :D Post 10 http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10900-First-challenge

The new grey tip dip stick is part BM5Z-6750-C. <$4 from tasca or any other vendor. http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bm5z6750c

PS This is also the dip stick you need if you want the Boomba racing handle...

PPS early 2015 models still had the flap stick...

PPPS BEST UPGRADE EVER!!!! I kid you not if you do your own oil change.
I think grey tip is the problem dipstick? I have one and it's crap. The one [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] posted looks like a major upgrade

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I think grey tip is the problem dipstick? I have one and it's crap. The one [MENTION=688]Sourskittle[/MENTION] posted looks like a major upgrade
The flat bar? I have it and I could not see oil on it without a light shown at an angle, standing on one foot, squinting at high noon. :)

pixelzombie

You guies should follow my threads... :D Post 10 http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/10900-First-challenge

The new grey tip dip stick is part BM5Z-6750-C. <$4 from tasca or any other vendor. http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/bm5z6750c

PS This is also the dip stick you need if you want the Boomba racing handle...

PPS early 2015 models still had the flap stick...

PPPS BEST UPGRADE EVER!!!! I kid you not if you do your own oil change.
Do you have close up of the tip? Hard to tell from the link you sent, and sorry for resurrecting an old post.