Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbosmart Plumb Back for 2016?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I have this on my 16, stock turbo. Fitment is great and no issues with it so far, had it on the car for about 4-5 months now

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Really pleased with my TBS shortie plumb-back. Installed with hybrid turbo 11k miles ago, along with tbs waste gate actuator and other bits. Holds boost, then releases very quickly.

The recirculating sound is kind of fun (queue the drowning squirrel).

Does it bolt up to where the stock bpv is? What Modifications if any is necessary to run one? I'm currently on my gfb but I definetly miss the bov sound as with the gfb I hear literally nothing. I too am upgrading to the x47 in March.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Does it bolt up to where the stock bpv is? What Modifications if any is necessary to run one? I'm currently on my gfb but I definetly miss the bov sound as with the gfb I hear literally nothing. I too am upgrading to the x47 in March.
yes it installs where the stock BPV resides
there are a couple mods besides bolting it in such as running a vac line and a bypass for your OEM BPV wiring all of which is super easy and comes with clear instructions
CJ Pony Parts has a very good installation video on the dual port valve you can watch on their YouTube channel which is the same install as the plumb back valve

Can anyone tell me why so many people are running BOVs on here and not BPV's, especially the ones who already have intakes? I'm interested in the same piece.

I come from NASIOC where the advice is always given to get a BPV and not a BOV due to bovs causing issues and increasing lag between shifts.

Can anyone tell me what the point of a blow off valve is? And can you use one with an intake?
Purely aesthetics. It is used to release pressure in the engine intake side when the throttle is closed preventing surge. Surge when off throttle though isn't that much of a problem especially compared to surge (compressor stall) on throttle. The problem is noise and a BPV/BOV solves this. A BPV releases air back into the intake side of a turbo while a BOV dumps to atmosphere. BPV's are better for response when getting back on the throttle but for small turbos you won't notice a difference.

An intake is on the other side of the turbo and the two have nothing to do with one another. I would say though if you want some more sound to install an intake first, you will hear more induction noise as well as the stock BPV.

Can anyone tell me why so many people are running BOVs on here and not BPV's, especially the ones who already have intakes? I'm interested in the same piece.

I come from NASIOC where the advice is always given to get a BPV and not a BOV due to bovs causing issues and increasing lag between shifts.
That's because Ecoboost engines are built for response and the difference is unnoticeable. As for why some one would want a BOV that is up to that person but performance is not a reason on these vehicles. I had a BOV on my FoST (Boomba) it was fun but most likely will stick with a BPV for the FiST (DV+) for this vehicle.

Thank you. Haven't heard too many videos of the plumb back, most are the dual port, which sound really similar on video. I'm very particular about sound and I HATE the way the Boomba sounds. Just that classic ricer loud release of air. The latter two have some character.

The stock BPV is perfectly fine on the stock turbo. To be honest I wasn't planning on upgrading the stock BPV but I found a deal I couldn't refuse on the TS Plumb Back.

As for sound, I'm using a stock intake with the K&N filter. The stock BPV is very quite. The TS Plumb Back is a little more audible especially at lower speeds, but not to an obnoxious level in my opinion.

The Plumb Back is also recirculates 100% of the air back to the intake like the stock unit. Only difference is that it's made of aluminum and is vacuum actuated instead of electronic, that's why it comes with that electronic plug. The theory is that it would increase response, but I personally don't notice a significant difference on the stock turbo. My advice: upgrade it when you upgrade the turbo.

Quick note on Subarus: BOV causes them to run rich during shifts because the stock BPV dumps the air back after the MAF. A BOV throws off the AFR since the actual amount of air intake is less than the metered amount. This isn't an issue with our motors since the ECU uses the MAP sensor instead.

^Good post. Only reason I'm considering changing the bpv out is for a little more sound. I may just go with the 50/50. I upgraded the BPV on my WRX with a turbosmart kompact due to the stocker leaking above 20psi (I'm tuned to 20.5 target). It sounds absolutely awesome:

https://youtu.be/HEsQ1G5rNrM

^Good post. Only reason I'm considering changing the bpv out is for a little more sound. I may just go with the 50/50. I upgraded the BPV on my WRX with a turbosmart kompact due to the stocker leaking above 20psi (I'm tuned to 20.5 target). It sounds absolutely awesome:

https://youtu.be/HEsQ1G5rNrM
Sounds great, I love how cinematic the lighting looks in the video!

OP
B

Based

Thread Starter #18
Really the only reason I'm getting the plumb back is for the flutter sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk