Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mishimoto Intake fix status as of 2/1/17

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Well the latest from Mishi THIS month is the repair parts are now in Cali but being shipped to NV. Last month the excuse was they were in route from DE to Cali and would be shipped from Cali. I give up, I filed a BBB complaint. In doing so I found out they are not accredited by the BBB and have a C- rating due to complaints and ignoring complaints. Type it in and check it out yourself. I do wish I had checked on this before handing them my money. So those of you still getting the run around I highly encourage to do the same. Maybe with continuous BBB investigations they may change their ways, if not at least maybe more people will see who they are dealing with before they spend their money.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I'm not here to say Mishimoto hasn't done anything wrong, because it has been a while with sparse communication. There are lot of things that go on in the background that we aren't aware of; product development and the revisions; materials, then more revisions because this doesn't play well with that in this particular instance; problems with the materials, or a batch of materials; logistical issues for materials on backorder; quality checks on the products; stocking up once everything is perfect... Then, on top of all of that, they have OTHER projects going on. Since there is a fix AND a workaround available, it might be a low priority.

Things take time, and best you can do is get together, appoint a POC and get a list together for him to forward to Mishimoto. Advocate harder for yourselves if you want it to move faster.

Again, this is not to say Mishimoto is at no fault.

Sometimes you need to threaten with legal action before they take you seriously as well

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Just how do you deal with a company that lies at every opportunity and has a very poor BBB rating for the very issues we have here? Phone....many times, email many times, IM many times. Promises from them many times. Actual delivery of parts to me ZERO. Too quick? If Ford let your Check engine light stay on for 6 months would you be saying the same thing? I doubt it. You are trying to defend the indefensible....I owned 4 businesses and NEVER had a BBB complaint and NEVER had a service issue that was not resolved within weeks. Mishi's management either is not aware of these issues (I doubt they do not know of the BBB's investigations) or do not care that the issue is not being addressed and employees are just plain lying to the customers. But then if they cared they would resolve issues, but they choose NOT to. The BBB score speaks for itself.....there is no defending a company that ignores complaints and refuses to resolve them. All we can do is warn others to run quickly away from them. Since being on this Forum every product they have released for the Fiesta has and continues to have quality issues and in most cases does not even work when delivered and Mishi knows this but keeps shipping defective products. This is the kind of company every business owner hates.......a place that prefers ripping people off over building good products. 6 months.....and you defend this behavior? Why would you, employee? And the so called "fix" did not work for many of us! So in your mind if it can be "fixed" by tape it ok with you? The problem is very simple....they had fittings made in China because they were much cheaper than a quality part. They did no Quality checks, no testing....just shipped the junk out. They had a second chance to get quality parts and resolve the problem quickly but again went back to China to get new correct size fitting. Where are they? Well in DEC. they said they were in DE and promised to ship them, in early Jan. the were in route to Cali and I would have one shipped from there.....newest BS is they are now enroute to NV where they still will not be shipped immediately if they even really have them. This company needs to be dropped as a sponsor and members made aware of their shady business practices.

Bluedrank

Yep. Still also getting the run around on my replacement. I've contacted their support twice and sent a PM that they said somebody would get back to me about and never did.

OP
jmrtsus

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
File with the BBB.....if enough do it they will list them as a "bad" business with unresolved complaints.

Just go to BBB New Castle DE Then put in Mishimoto. Since they have complaints on file it pops up a screen with them listed on the form already. Takes 5 minutes. May actually help if we all that are still waiting go this route as no employees seem to care! I think the stalls are just waiting for us to go to a third party to fix their problems.

This seems to be a trend with most companies founded in the last decade or so. They offer rock bottom prices on parts and get everyone in on the "hype" about their brand, and everything is great as long as you don't need any customer service; but when the time comes for service after the sale, you quickly realize where the savings came from.

Interested in this, since the Mishi intake was the top one on my list so far...

After some more reading, it seems the OP is just an exceptionally "squeaky wheel" to be as political as possible. Very happy to see Mishi addressing this properly and not just throwing Bandaids at it. I know when I got my OCC my first thought was "this sure isn't Mishimoto from 10(?) years ago."

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Lets's sue everyone! My Starbucks coffee burned my mouth this morning, so I'm actually on my way to the courthouse right now to file a lawsuit.

^ you shouldn't text and drive. ;)

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk