Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'factory fit' silicone charge pipe connectors?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does anyone offer high quality (Samco/etc.) multi-ply reinforced silicone connectors which ONLY replace the factory (I'm guessing EPDM?) ones, and allow one to still keep the factory HARD pipes in place??

Thanks in advance,

Dave H.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'd suggest checking the dimensions and then finding a hose that matches - haven't seen a kit for just hoses on the intercooler hoses.

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
mountune uses samco hoses but overpriced at that lol
I know, and I will have to call them and ask IF they would sell me ONLY the silicone charge pipe connectors (with their clamps), but without their hard charge pipes (IF they will work with the factory charge pipes). ;)

I wanted to KEEP the factory hard pipes, and just switch out the stock EPDM connector hoses for silicone elbow deals, NOT replace the hard pipes with ALL silicone. ;)
I do believe that that kit does not replace the stock hard pipes and just replaces the stock hoses. The 2 larger ones are what connect to the intercooler.

TUX15ST

I wanted to KEEP the factory hard pipes, and just switch out the stock EPDM connector hoses for silicone elbow deals, NOT replace the hard pipes with ALL silicone. ;)
what the other guy said, you keep your factory metal hard pipe on the hot side and plastic one on the cold side, otherwise this is all the factory silicone replacements as what your looking for.

And PS you cant replace your hardpipes with all silicone anyway

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
what the other guy said, you keep your factory metal hard pipe on the hot side and plastic one on the cold side, otherwise this is all the factory silicone replacements as what your looking for.

And PS you cant replace your hardpipes with all silicone anyway
Well in that case, as much as I like and trust Samco, I see what everyone is talking about as far as exorbitant price goes, and IF I were going to spend that kind of coin, I will just buy the WHOLE (hot and cold sides) cp-e hard pipe kit for less than (discounts/sales/group buys/etc.) $100.00 more! ;)

PS; WHY do those Mountune/Samco long hoses look way too long to work with the hard pipes??

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Well in that case, as much as I like and trust Samco, I see what everyone is talking about as far as exorbitant price goes, and IF I were going to spend that kind of coin, I will just buy the WHOLE (hot and cold sides) cp-e hard pipe kit for less than (discounts/sales/group buys/etc.) $100.00 more! ;)
That's the conclusion I came to when I purchased the Depo Racing piping kit.

TUX15ST

PS; WHY do those Mountune/Samco long hoses look way too long to work with the hard pipes??
Have you looked at your OEM pipes? the cold side is only maybe half metal and the hot side is mostly hard plastic with one big silicone hose end

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #13
Have you looked at your OEM pipes? the cold side is only maybe half metal and the hot side is mostly hard plastic with one big silicone hose end
I just yesterday had Mountune send me pics of their hoses, and single stainless(?) hot side pipe section installed on some FiSTs.

I will admit that I have not been under this car very much yet (unlike most on here), save to just install the cp-e RMM, GFB DV, and do the first oil change, all in ONE shot. [:(]
(I HATE, HATE, HATE working under a car, on my back, in the COLD!!)

What threw me is that looking at pics of the uninstalled cp-e hot/cold charge pipes, they use very little hose to connect to everything, and MUCH MORE aluminum piping, whereas the Mountune stuff is meant to be used with the OEM/factory (and their one small factory-like section) of hard charge pipes, hence MUCH longer 'long' connector sections. [wink]

The stock hoses are just so soft! There is no way they don't expand like crazy under boost. And I am personally do not believe it is beneficial to greatly increase the volume of ic pipes on a turbo/motor this small. So I put in the time to search all over the web for an affordable option.

I found Silicone boost hose kits are all over the uk ebay for cheap! I went with a known vendor Mtc and got a 6 piece set in black with my fmic, both shipped to CA for less than 400 (worked a deal with him via text). Now I haven't installed them yet so I can't speak about fitment yet (hopefully doing it tomorrow night) but they are good looking solid hoses!

I also decide to go with the Mbrp hot pipe (ron@whoosh sells them!) to eliminate the factory "donut" and complete the system. Yes it's an increase in volume, but I couldn't bring myself to buy the $mountune$ one...

Let's hope my job doesn't carry over too late tomorrow night and I can get this stuff installed!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TUX15ST

Thats awesome man i might have to invest in those hoses, i too have the mbrp hot side already but those hose would go nice with my mtc ic

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
Thats awesome man i might have to invest in those hoses, i too have the mbrp hot side already but those hose would go nice with my mtc ic
Do they (MTC) have anything besides a facebook page, since I could not find those hoses ANYWHERE for sale on their own?? [dunno]

I may just save up for the stupidly priced Mountune Samcos, as much as it will KILL ME to cut their hot side hose to work with the cp-e hot side hard pipe I plan on getting. [:(]

TUX15ST

They sell their stuff on ebay, atleast the ic which i bought from them however i dont see these pipes on ebay so prob have to contact them directly

OP
M-Sport fan

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thread Starter #19
^^^That's not bad for ~$163.00 USD shipped.

A little over half the cost of the Mountune set shipped.

DangerMouse

Wow thanks for posting those, I will be ordering them. Mountune is so weird with their prices, some things are reasonable like the quick shift, then you have their charge pipe kit for $400, yikes.