Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

I've been down this road of choosing a Michelin for the Fiesta ST. Damn, it took me long enough to finally decide which one I was going to buy.
Wanted a 215/40/17 SuperSport, but those only come in 205/45/17 or 215/45/17. The 215/45/17 would maybe give rubbing issues so was a no go. 205/45/17 wat not the width I wanted.
Then the Sport cup 2, same at 215/45/17 and bad wet performance, it rains alot here so couldn't buy those anyway. Pilot Sport 4 came out but is only available in 215/45/17 again. The 4s was just completely impossible since the lowest diameter is 19inch.

I managed to find 4 * Pilot Sport 3 in 215/40/17 (not the all seasons like in US but the dedicated summer version). For a reasonable price (apparently that size is weird) on a site in Germany.

They ride magnificent, the car always tells me when i'm pushing too hard, they never aquaplane and the grip is limitless. I've never been able to get them to slide in the dry. Haven't been to a track with them though.

Anyway looks like the future performance michelins will be harder to find in stock Fiesta ST sizes. Unless you have stock suspencion and buy the Pilot Sport 4 in 205/45/17 (which is probably pretty damn good as well).

The new ST will have 18 inch wheels.... Wonder how long owners will keep those on. And from the look of the press photo's the tires on those are Pilot Sport 4 in 205/40/18 size. So tailor made for the new ST.
Ooops, you are in Belgium! We here in the states can't get the tires you guys get in Europe. It SUCKS!!!!

Ooops, you are in Belgium! We here in the states can't get the tires you guys get in Europe. It SUCKS!!!!
Just checked Tire Rack and damn, why on earth would they not offer anything in 215/40/17 or 205/40/17. Seems to be all at least 45. At least 205/45/17 super sports shouldn't rub when not lowered :/
Sucks man I'm sorry didn't know.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yup, I am afraid to even TRY 215/45-17 Super Sports (as much as I love those tires) on 17x8s for fear of scraping even at factory ride height/suspension. [mad] [:(]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I believe a 205/45/17 should work on the stock wheels and won't rub. (don't quote me on that)
It will ABSOLUTELY work on the factory wheels and ride height/suspension, but I want WIDER tires than even the widest of the 205/45s, AND I am going to be using 17x8s, and lowering to at least Swift SpecR spring ride height within the next two years, so a wide (or even a PSS, which is not overly wide in tread width) 215/45-17 most likely WILL rub. [:(]