Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Yea, in terms of all around summer performance the PSS was a really have your cake and eat it to kind of tire. The PS4 will only improve on that :)

One thing that amazes me is how low the treadwear rating is on the stock bridgestones. I may be looking for tires sooner then later. I'm not sure if I would go this route or something on the more aggressive side but I will be watching to see how the PS4's perform.

Like the PSS's I expect them to be an excellent street tire, but a poor track tire. They might make it in some 17 sizes, but I doubt they will vary from their current "premium car size" strategy.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They might make it in some 17 sizes, but I doubt they will vary from their current "premium car size" strategy.
Yes, sadly, THIS^^^. [:(]

They did not make ONE exact OEM diameter PSS for us, so I SERIOUSLY doubt that they will EVER make even a 17" wheel diameter anything in the PS4S, let alone an overall diameter version to go on our rides. [mad]

Like the PSS's I expect them to be an excellent street tire, but a poor track tire.
Have you had PSS's before? I tracked them and they seemed like a very good compromise tire. They aern't an R-comp or similar, but they are a good track tire. Way better than some of the other high performance summer tires I've had on track.

Have you had PSS's before? I tracked them and they seemed like a very good compromise tire. They aern't an R-comp or similar, but they are a good track tire. Way better than some of the other high performance summer tires I've had on track.
Yeah I've tracked and AutoX'd them. They are fine for a beginner as they have decent characteristics, they communicate and they are very approachable. Again, compared to any of the 200TW street tires, they are 100% inferior mainly due to the sidewall stiffness factor.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Ours must be the ONLY cars on the planet which can use a narrower 40 series tire, since almost ALL of these manufacturers flat out REFUSE to make anything good in those sizes. [mad]
Toss the 45 on there. It'll RIDE better, and then it probably WON'T bend your wheels... imo

I'm usually not too hung up on stock rolling diameter. Most times the speedo is more accurate with a slightly taller tire anyways... lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Toss the 45 on there. It'll RIDE better, and then it probably WON'T bend your wheels... imo

I'm usually not too hung up on stock rolling diameter. Most times the speedo is more accurate with a slightly taller tire anyways... lol
Yes, except at the WIDTHS (215/225) I am looking to use, the 45s make the tire SOOO tall that it HAS TO rub/scrape in multiple places, especially when lowered even a little (which I DO plan to do in the future).

I care NOTHING at all about the speedo being accurate, but destroying/gouging $200+ each tires, and/or having to chop/cut/roll/bend body work in order to use 45s is NOT my thing. [nono]

THAT is why at least close to (within .5") factory O.D. is a necessity for me, and WHY I am limited to Star Specs and a very few other options in 215/40-17. [wink]

Yes, except at the WIDTHS (215/225) I am looking to use, the 45s make the tire SOOO tall that it HAS TO rub/scrape in multiple places, especially when lowered even a little (which I DO plan to do in the future).

I care NOTHING at all about the speedo being accurate, but destroying/gouging $200+ each tires, and/or having to chop/cut/roll/bend body work in order to use 45s is NOT my thing. [nono]

THAT is why at least close to (within .5") factory O.D. is a necessity for me, and WHY I am limited to Star Specs and a very few other options in 215/40-17. [wink]
for decent tire choices you really do have have to drop to a 205/45/16 and your less than 0.2 away from stock OD

a 215/45/16 would be ideal for me but hardly any choices.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^IF I were to drop to a 16, I would want to use either a 215/45-16, or a 225/45-16, but, either one would HAVE TO go on an 8" wide wheel, and we all know how many of those are made/offered in a 16x8. [mad] [rant]

(I REALLY have something against 205 section tires on this car for dry summer use, NO MATTER HOW wide the tread is, nor how sticky they may be. [wink])

^^^IF I were to drop to a 16, I would want to use either a 215/45-16, or a 225/45-16, but, either one would HAVE TO go on an 8" wide wheel, and we all know how many of those are made/offered in a 16x8. [mad] [rant]

(I REALLY have something against 205 section tires on this car for dry summer use, NO MATTER HOW wide the tread is, nor how sticky they may be. [wink])
meh, just chuck the 225's on the 7. been done, looks meaty, functions well....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, THANKS for finding that, but, for $1150.00 delivered, I think that I will pass (about 4x the delivered price of same size 595 RSRRs!). (So even if they wear out twice as quick, one is still ahead of the game!)[:(]

DAMN Michelin for not making tires available over here!! [mad]

Yes, THANKS for finding that, but, for $1150.00 delivered, I think that I will pass (about 4x the delivered price of same size 595 RSRRs!). (So even if they wear out twice as quick, one is still ahead of the game!)[:(]

DAMN Michelin for not making tires available over here!! [mad]
Do a search on that site for 205/40/17 and 215/40/17 and look at the tire options for our cars in the UK. Makes me SICK!!!!!!!!!!

I've been down this road of choosing a Michelin for the Fiesta ST. Damn, it took me long enough to finally decide which one I was going to buy.
Wanted a 215/40/17 SuperSport, but those only come in 205/45/17 or 215/45/17. The 215/45/17 would maybe give rubbing issues so was a no go. 205/45/17 wat not the width I wanted.
Then the Sport cup 2, same at 215/45/17 and bad wet performance, it rains alot here so couldn't buy those anyway. Pilot Sport 4 came out but is only available in 215/45/17 again. The 4s was just completely impossible since the lowest diameter is 19inch.

I managed to find 4 * Pilot Sport 3 in 215/40/17 (not the all seasons like in US but the dedicated summer version). For a reasonable price (apparently that size is weird) on a site in Germany.

They ride magnificent, the car always tells me when i'm pushing too hard, they never aquaplane and the grip is limitless. I've never been able to get them to slide in the dry. Haven't been to a track with them though.

Anyway looks like the future performance michelins will be harder to find in stock Fiesta ST sizes. Unless you have stock suspencion and buy the Pilot Sport 4 in 205/45/17 (which is probably pretty damn good as well).

The new ST will have 18 inch wheels.... Wonder how long owners will keep those on. And from the look of the press photo's the tires on those are Pilot Sport 4 in 205/40/18 size. So tailor made for the new ST.

I've been down this road of choosing a Michelin for the Fiesta ST. Damn, it took me long enough to finally decide which one I was going to buy.
Wanted a 215/40/17 SuperSport, but those only come in 205/45/17 or 215/45/17. The 215/45/17 would maybe give rubbing issues so was a no go. 205/45/17 wat not the width I wanted.
Then the Sport cup 2, same at 215/45/17 and bad wet performance, it rains alot here so couldn't buy those anyway. Pilot Sport 4 came out but is only available in 215/45/17 again. The 4s was just completely impossible since the lowest diameter is 19inch.

I managed to find 4 * Pilot Sport 3 in 215/40/17 (not the all seasons like in US but the dedicated summer version). For a reasonable price (apparently that size is weird) on a site in Germany.

They ride magnificent, the car always tells me when i'm pushing too hard, they never aquaplane and the grip is limitless. I've never been able to get them to slide in the dry. Haven't been to a track with them though.

Anyway looks like the future performance michelins will be harder to find in stock Fiesta ST sizes. Unless you have stock suspencion and buy the Pilot Sport 4 in 205/45/17 (which is probably pretty damn good as well).

The new ST will have 18 inch wheels.... Wonder how long owners will keep those on. And from the look of the press photo's the tires on those are Pilot Sport 4 in 205/40/18 size. So tailor made for the new ST.
I considered buying the Michelin PS3 in 205/40/17 from Performance Alloy's out of the UK a while back. I think it would have cost $750ish shipped for 4?!? Decided to just buy cooper AS3-A's as they are cheap and are a "VERY" nice tire on our cars. May go the euro Michelin route in the future though?!?