Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who tracks their FiST?

Early in the season on a stock rad and stock tune when it was ~45-50 degrees I didn't hit limp mode, but once it hit 60+ I would hit limp mode within 2-3 laps at 8/10ths pace. I installed the Mishi rad and oil cooler in July and haven't had any problems since.
Oil Cooler is on my list but with the Mountune Rad in 80 degree weather i didn't have any issues, the oil cooler would give me peace of mind. Did you get the thermostatic or non thermostatic?

Oil Cooler is on my list but with the Mountune Rad in 80 degree weather i didn't have any issues, the oil cooler would give me peace of mind. Did you get the thermostatic or non thermostatic?
I got the thermostatic because the FiST is also my daily (including winter) so I ponied up the extra bucks to make it more streetable. The oil cooler is definitely a peace of mind mod. I was ~95% sure the Mishi rad could do it alone, but I was already in there taking the rad out so I thought why not and that way the cooling isn't only on the rad.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
yup. i put off buying one a few months ago and im regretting it
I forget what thread it was on here but people were on my head for having a 17 and saying radiator is the first on my power mods. Talking about oh it's fixed on newer models your dumb for fixing something that is not a problem blah blah.

Well here....you have proved my point. Problem was never fixed. And I drive in SoCal where most the year is 80 but a majority of it is in the 90s and higher. I drive in this traffic daily and am worried about it getting hot. Let alone take it on track and not expect for it to happen

I'm anal with my cars and I don't like the idea of it getting into limp mode. To me getting that hot is not safe for an aluminum engine. And if there is something I can do to prevent that. Damn well I will

....as the Mountune radiator is wrapped up under my tree lol

Once inter my money right I'll be deleting the liquid to liquid cooler and letting the oil cooler cool the oil, and the radiator cool the water. As it should be

This thread has be looking at radiators as a track day pre-requisite, its very likely the first event will be in the 60's with 20 minute heats. I'd rather pony up now and take the internet's advice at least this time :)

That is one involved radiator install, looks like I'll hold off on the intercooler install and do everything at once in the spring.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
I plan on stocking a intercooler, front tow hook, intercooler piping, oil cooler all done at once. I don't want to remove my bumper twice

I plan on stocking a intercooler, front tow hook, intercooler piping, oil cooler all done at once. I don't want to remove my bumper twice
Looks like we are gonna have a busy day when that day comes! Bumper removal is too horrible in all honesty.

I forget what thread it was on here but people were on my head for having a 17 and saying radiator is the first on my power mods. Talking about oh it's fixed on newer models your dumb for fixing something that is not a problem blah blah.

Well here....you have proved my point. Problem was never fixed. And I drive in SoCal where most the year is 80 but a majority of it is in the 90s and higher. I drive in this traffic daily and am worried about it getting hot. Let alone take it on track and not expect for it to happen

I'm anal with my cars and I don't like the idea of it getting into limp mode. To me getting that hot is not safe for an aluminum engine. And if there is something I can do to prevent that. Damn well I will

....as the Mountune radiator is wrapped up under my tree lol

Once inter my money right I'll be deleting the liquid to liquid cooler and letting the oil cooler cool the oil, and the radiator cool the water. As it should be
As a matter of fact, I have a brand new mishimoto oil cooler for sale. :)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
It made perfect sense to me. Maybe you couldn't comprehend mine? Smh

Is 10min too horrible for you? Or does it take you 90 minutes smh

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah once you've done it a few times the bumper comes off in about 10-15 minutes haha. Sadly all my on and offing has seemed to have slightly altered the shape of the front bumper so it never fits quite right these days =/

I will be at Buttonwillow on January 27th (Saturday) if anyone in here is going out. (Black Group #72) Not one Fiesta last time I was there. It's a fun track!! This will be my third time there, second time in this car. Temps have always been in the mid 70's when I go there. I have never had an overheating problem. Running a Cobb Stage 1 map, CAI and motor mount. So far. . . .

I will be at Buttonwillow on January 27th (Saturday) if anyone in here is going out. (Black Group #72) Not one Fiesta last time I was there. It's a fun track!! This will be my third time there, second time in this car. Temps have always been in the mid 70's when I go there. I have never had an overheating problem. Running a Cobb Stage 1 map, CAI and motor mount. So far. . . .
Aw man... Ill be out there Feb 24.