Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Operation Magnetic Blackout

So I decided to darken my ST. I'm in phase 2 right now. But thoughts so far? I painted wheels and calipers and blackened the tails a little. I'm happy enough overall with it.
EDIT: 1 Sec. I thought I posted the white out license plate ones. XD

Love the wheels! You sprayed them yourself?! Looks practically factory. Although I am hesitant when people spray their tails (even slightly) because that opens you up to liability if someone rear-ends you. I like the look though!

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
Looks good. Is that plasti dip on the wheels?
Nope. I painted it myself. Its 2 layers primer 5 layers paint, 3 layers clear. I used duplicolor adhesive bonding primer. It's supposed to help keep the paint on. Scuffed up the base coat with sand paper. Then started priming. 10 minutes in between each coat.

Love the wheels! You sprayed them yourself?! Looks practically factory. Although I am hesitant when people spray their tails (even slightly) because that opens you up to liability if someone rear-ends you. I like the look though!
Yes I did them myself. And the lights look darker then they are. Its only one coat and one light coat of dark. I didnt want them to be super dark. I just didn't want them to be extremely shiny red either. Theres just so much non lit red shiny space on these tail lights.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
looks good! you did a really good job painting the wheels
Thanks! For anyone else. Take your time. I took 4-5 hours for all 4 wheels. And I probably could've taken another hour or 2 if I wanted to get really nitpicky

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Operation ST Blackout Complete. Mission Outcome: SUCCESS

Tints went on yesterday. Went with 35%. Wish they were a little darker. But am happy with it none the less!

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
Thank You! Next up is a bumper lip. Don't know which one to get yet.