Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2016+ Fiesta ST Induction Hose/Intake Kit P144C Code Update

Trader history for mishimoto (0)

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
So this part of what you're saying is basically false, everything else about Mishimoto I agree with. At least for the '16 owners, most if not all of us will find upgrading from the official 2.2 update to the 2.3 update impossible due to a memory allocation error. This is for the official Ford software that you download for our specific VIN off the Ford website. Since '17 owners have a different hardware version than the '16 I'm not certain if they are experiencing the same issue. Saying that the software is for an F150 or Mustang is also basically incorrect, as the software is universal and made for all of the cars based on the model year. They just have a much larger user base comparatively, so they have more users tinkering with stuff and discovering information. The universally available software updates can be downloaded for any car with the supporting hardware at the actual developers site: https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/
I talked to Ford about 5 months ago and was told that they had already started the automatic Wifi updating and was told it make take a few months. With all the problems I am seeing people have trying to do it themselves I think Ford is also having problems with the 2016's Sync so I will wait for them to deal with it. I have no issues with other Wifi auto updates. I only want it for the Android Navigation screen but have got used to using the phone screen. Hopefully Ford will get it straight soon.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=2319]jmrtsus[/MENTION] - I think why the forum has changed a bit is that now that the car has hit maturity, there is very little to discover about it. Now that the new ST has dropped over seas I expect this forum will peter out (due to large US userbase)
I do believe you are correct....

Bluedrank

I talked to Ford about 5 months ago and was told that they had already started the automatic Wifi updating and was told it make take a few months. With all the problems I am seeing people have trying to do it themselves I think Ford is also having problems with the 2016's Sync so I will wait for them to deal with it. I have no issues with other Wifi auto updates. I only want it for the Android Navigation screen but have got used to using the phone screen. Hopefully Ford will get it straight soon.
I wouldn't hold your breath for an over-the-air wifi update. The good news is that the 2.2 update works fine across all '16 sync 3 cars, and can be done taking you from sync 3 1.0 or 1.1 straight to 2.2 without issue. It's way easier than it sounds.

But, let's not get too off topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone

My apologies for the delayed response. We've been having some login issues lately. Despite the lack of response, we have not stopped working on this issue. I've just checked in with our production team and our final revision is nearing completion. We've redesigned the entire induction hose, as well as the entire intake pipe itself. We are currently expecting these items to be ready for shipping by mid March.

While a year may seem like a lot of time, I hope you can understand that during this time we needed to do quite a few things. First, we had to find a donor vehicle that would be available for extensive testing over the course of several months. Once the donor car was sourced, we needed to evaluate what was causing the problem, design and produce the replacement part, then install and run it on the vehicle for an extended time to ensure the problem was gone. Last update i received on our test vehicle was 4000 miles without a CEL.

I'll have more information in the coming weeks about release and how to issue these updated parts to those of you with issues.

Thanks
-Mishimoto

Last edited:
Hey Everyone

My apologies for the delayed response. We've been having some login issues lately. Despite the lack of response, we have not stopped working on this issue. I've just checked in with our production team and our final revision is nearing completion. We've redesigned the entire induction hose, as well as the entire intake pipe itself. We are currently expecting these items to be ready for shipping by mid March.

While a year may seem like a lot of time, I hope you can understand that during this time we needed to do quite a few things. First, we had to find a donor vehicle that would be available for extensive testing over the course of several months. Once the donor car was sourced, we needed to evaluate what was causing the problem, design and produce the replacement part, then install and run it on the vehicle for an extended time to ensure the problem was gone. Last update i received on our test vehicle was 4000 miles without a CEL.

I'll have more information in the coming weeks about release and how to issue these updated parts to those of you with issues.

Thanks
-Mishimoto
Just a heads up I'm the donor car. Mishi did the install on my car at 18,770 miles a few months back and I'm now currently approaching 29k with no issues to date with the one off revised intake pipe.

Just a heads up I'm the donor car. Mishi did the install on my car at 18,770 miles a few months back and I'm now currently approaching 29k with no issues to date with the one off revised intake pipe.
Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm in the market and I prefer the mishi design so I'm hoping that whatever CEL issues are fixed. I don't want to have to install/uninstall like I'm trying to fix a computer problem.

Bluedrank

Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm in the market and I prefer the mishi design so I'm hoping that whatever CEL issues are fixed. I don't want to have to install/uninstall like I'm trying to fix a computer problem.
1 guy supposedly has it fixed. Us suckers that bought the intake at launch in 2016 still do not. Don't buy it unless you want to be frustrated.

The R&D photos are on page 8 in this thread. I don’t understand the skepticism given Mishi has owned up to the problem pretty transparently. That said here is what the current setup looks like.

https://m.imgur.com/a/mKiGj
Everything that happens on the internet is truth, that being said, it's not pretty. Once they bring to market a finished product I'm in, until then I'll just wait.

1 guy supposedly has it fixed. Us suckers that bought the intake at launch in 2016 still do not. Don't buy it unless you want to be frustrated.
AFAIK we all work in IT, we're used to be frustrated. [biggrin]

Yeah it’s clearly a working prototype. I was in-house at Mishimoto when the work was being done. That said I nearly have 12k miles on it now and haven’t had any CELs or any evap related issues to date. I get I’m looking like a bought and paid for Mishimoto guy. I got the CEL like everyone else, offered my car up as a tester, and have had success with this fix.

Yeah it’s clearly a working prototype. I was in-house at Mishimoto when the work was being done. That said I nearly have 12k miles on it now and haven’t had any CELs or any evap related issues to date. I get I’m looking like a bought and paid for Mishimoto guy. I got the CEL like everyone else, offered my car up as a tester, and have had success with this fix.
After looking at page 8 onward it seems like an awful long time to go from test to market? Wouldn't it be in Mishi's best interest to at least get Bluedrank a replacement part so he can change his signature?

That would be a question best answered by Mishi. I just played guinea pig to help the community and Mishi out since my employer pays for my car usage because of my job. I average 25k miles annually with both highway and city usage so I figured I would be a solid tester.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
I love all this Mishi cares crap.....if they cared they would settle customers complaints filed with the BBB. In my case they outright lied in writing to the BBB and said the resolved my problem. When I informed the BBB that they were lying he said "That's not new with them, in most cases they don't even answer complaints." The have a joke of a BBB rating and this is what "fix number 5?" And the first 4 they did not even test the fix on a car! Yea this company care about customers.......but only until they get your money.....refer to to the BBB to sample their customer care! They care so much they have spent 2 years trying to find anyone that could make it work.........WOW. Mishi is on many forum members list of bad vendors.

Bluedrank

After looking at page 8 onward it seems like an awful long time to go from test to market? Wouldn't it be in Mishi's best interest to at least get Bluedrank a replacement part so he can change his signature?
LOL. I fully expect that my signature will result in them refusing to ever mail me a replacement. But them making good on their promise to fix this bullshit is the only way I'll ever change my signature.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
2 months since the last update.
Two years of screwing people, two years of lies, very bad BBB rating that says don't trust them and constant posts about being screwed. And the Forum acts like the three Monkeys. They need to be removed as a vendor until their shady business practices change. Why would we allow them to be on the vendor page with their bad reputation? Money? What is the purpose of this Forum, to learn about our cars and finds quality items for it I thought when I joined years ago. I have noticed a decline in participation of Ford and Mountune in the past year....wonder why? This Forum by refusing to address outright bad and shady vendors and allowing to turn into a marketing tool is why my participation has dropped significantly. Way too much shady stuff on here.

Hey Everyone

Just heard back from my product team and current ETA is early to mid-April to start shipping the updated pipes.

If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, feel free to reach out for direct support.

support@mishimoto.com or 302.762.4501.

Thanks
-Jake

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
And forum folks are still sending these crooks money......forum admin could care less about bad vendors. Half the posts are either a vendor or promoting a vendor........I visit sometimes but the forum went to crap about a year ago and has simply become a marketing and Ford bashing site. I'm still waiting for everyone getting new heads and all the lawsuits threatened against Ford! Yet members fawn over Mishi and other shady vendors. Has become the Kmart of forums.......Blue light specials, chinese junk dropping like flies and idiots that seem to think the solution is to sue someone when they have no clue what they are talking about. And the "expert" bee ess artists trying to impress people with their lack of knowledge and experience at least brings a smile to my face. This Forum needs to take the blame for the Mishi fiasco and ban them as a vendor. But no, this forum does zero policing of bad vendors. Just sits back and let members get screwed. What's new?

I think I bought by mistake the wrong induction house to my Fiesta ST :(

I'm unable to install the mishimoto induction house since I don't have this part:

I'm contacting Ron at Whoosh to see if the Fiesta ST Evap Purge P144C check engine light "FIX" will do the magic.

Any comments?