Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Scca STX autocross build

Im considering a rsb to add to add to my TB torsion brace and Pierce trunk brace for my STX/STH build. With my 215 azenis and the tb brace i was still getting some push, Ive got the trunk bar, and some camber bolts coming to play with that and im going to see how that works before i grab the eibach rsb

OP
C
Thread Starter #162
Im considering a rsb to add to add to my TB torsion brace and Pierce trunk brace for my STX/STH build. With my 215 azenis and the tb brace i was still getting some push, Ive got the trunk bar, and some camber bolts coming to play with that and im going to see how that works before i grab the eibach rsb
I'd certainly appreciate your thoughts on the trunk bar after installation

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What is the difference between a trunk bar, and a trunk brace? [dunno]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm sure you know what the Pierce trunk bar looks like and this is the brace...
https://www.sico-developments.co.uk...-rear-strut-brace-re2-1157?variant=5966256644
OK, that is what I would call either a rear STRUT brace, (like SICO does), or a rear shock tower brace, NOT a "trunk brace", and I had the OMP version of this on my old A2 GTI 16V..

I know it is ALL semantics, but it DOES get really confusing with everyone on here calling the Mishi, TB, and Pierce hatch FLOOR mounted deals "trunk braces" as well. ;)

OP
C
Thread Starter #168
I'm sure you know what the Pierce trunk bar looks like and this is the brace...
https://www.sico-developments.co.uk...-rear-strut-brace-re2-1157?variant=5966256644
What is interesting is that the way the rules are written, either of those (Pierce or Ultra) would be legal. Less clear is whether both would be legal.

My concern about the chassis brace is that they improve the grip on their respective ends of the car. I worry that the rear brace would increase rear grip/ less rotation. Only way to know for sure is to try it though.

What is interesting is that the way the rules are written, either of those (Pierce or Ultra) would be legal. Less clear is whether both would be legal.

My concern about the chassis brace is that they improve the grip on their respective ends of the car. I worry that the rear brace would increase rear grip/ less rotation. Only way to know for sure is to try it though.
I'm definitely no racing suspension guru but I always thought that more bracing made that side of the car "tighter"? Not necessarily better handling? And the stiffer the chassis the more the suspension is allowed to work?
I suspect black magic!

OP
C
Thread Starter #171
I'm definitely no racing suspension guru but I always thought that more bracing made that side of the car "tighter"? Not necessarily better handling? And the stiffer the chassis the more the suspension is allowed to work?
I suspect black magic!
Similar to you, my assumption is that the stiffer the chassis is, the better the suspension works. I assume that a better working suspension leads to better grip at that end though. I understand that this is a generalization and doesn't account for transition capability or bushing compliance designed by the chassis engineers.

Oh, I know our gearing issue is more manageable with our available torque. I am actually curious about how a shorter tire might work with 3rd being the gear of choice. At this year's Fort Myers Pro Solo. King was not shifting to 3rd on his tall 215/45/17 RE-71Rs, while I stayed in 3rd for most of the course on 205/50/16 RE-71Rs. Our set up differences are significant with me on Assetto Garas with everything else showroom stock (including alignment settings) and King on the very heavy stock wheels with single adjustable Konis and larger FSB, and aligned to his settings. I need to ask him if he found better alignment settings than that event. King is a muti national champ in FWD cars but he was still likely getting used to the Fiesta ST, when he beat me by 0.011 seconds after two days. I have always defaulted to 3rd gear even when not optimal for others, so maybe a shorter tire would be the best option for us.
You know FT. Myers so well and amazing driver ...I was so proud of you but not surprised to hear that you almost got him. We need to talk about my new RBB.
Will be back in Florida soon on HS trim just started the project using what I learned from my STF Mazda 2.
Not sure if I should go with the smaller 16" 205/45 re71R , King really likes the 205/50, and now he has 13,5 lbs wheels..... me too ;)

Andres