Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CJPonyParts: Oracle Lighting LED Brake Lights

Purchased a pair of Oracle Lighting LED brake light bulbs. Link to them here: http://www.cjponyparts.com/oracle-l...us-st-2013-2016-fiesta-st-2014-2016/p/HW3553/
Installed them and had a little trouble installing the one bulb on the right side. Had to use a considerable amount of force before it could seat in the socket and receive current, and then had to mess with it even more so that the bulb could receive secondary current when the brake pedal was depressed. During driving, my maintenance light came on (amber colored wrench), and soon after that when I came to a stop, my hill start assist became "unavailable".
My theory to this is that for some reason the need for less power caused by the LEDs in the brake lights affect the way the car handles power distribution, causing a fun mess of things to occur. These "plug and play" bulbs are giving me a headache. Called CJPonyParts and we are looking for a solution at this point. Anyone else used these bulbs before, and if so have you had any issues?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Nope to the less power in the bulbs causing the issue. I run Putco's Plasma LEDs no problem, had ebays for awhile until they died. Never had issues. Now the wrench could be simply the oil change minder. What is you miles on the ODO? The hillstart assist has a certain mode that it will say it is not available but I know its not the bulb reason. Have someone check the codes. Also check the info screen in the sync to get more details.

Good luck.

OP
HunterLayne
Thread Starter #3
Nope to the less power in the bulbs causing the issue. I run Putco's Plasma LEDs no problem, had ebays for awhile until they died. Never had issues. Now the wrench could be simply the oil change minder. What is you miles on the ODO? The hillstart assist has a certain mode that it will say it is not available but I know its not the bulb reason. Have someone check the codes. Also check the info screen in the sync to get more details.

Good luck.
Odometer reads 15250, but I just had an oil change a couple weeks ago. Could it be that they didn't reset it?
Update: The maintenance light went away after 4 or 5 times driving the car . I guess the computer got used to the change in power usage? Also I don't get the Hill Start Assist notification as often as before, very rarely actually, and it doesn't usually happen at a stop like before. I will have a friend check for codes, but i'm guessing the car solved its own problems.

OP
HunterLayne
Thread Starter #5
keep us posted if you read the codes.
Apparently the maintenance light isn't a code and wont show up on the OBD II scanner? Sounds weird to me. I will have it looked at again somewhere else. By the way, the maintenance light has disappeared my Hill Start Assist is back, but it will inevitably return; it happens in cycles of a couple days at a time.

Also, I figured out the maintenance light means my cruise control doesn't work. When that light comes on there's nothing I can do to get it to work. Whats baffling to me (apart from this while mess anyway) is why Hill Start and cruise would be affected from just putting in 2 LED bulbs???

OP
HunterLayne
Thread Starter #6
keep us posted if you read the codes.
Apparently the maintenance light isn't a code and wont show up on the OBD II scanner? Sounds weird to me. I will have it looked at again somewhere else. By the way, the maintenance light has disappeared and my Hill Start Assist is back, but it will inevitably return; it happens in cycles of a couple days at a time.

Also, I figured out the maintenance light means my cruise control doesn't work. When that light comes on there's nothing I can do to get it to function. Whats baffling to me (apart from this whole mess anyway) is why Hill Start and cruise would be affected from just putting in 2 LED bulbs???

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Apparently the maintenance light isn't a code and wont show up on the OBD II scanner? Sounds weird to me. I will have it looked at again somewhere else. By the way, the maintenance light has disappeared and my Hill Start Assist is back, but it will inevitably return; it happens in cycles of a couple days at a time.

Also, I figured out the maintenance light means my cruise control doesn't work. When that light comes on there's nothing I can do to get it to function. Whats baffling to me (apart from this whole mess anyway) is why Hill Start and cruise would be affected from just putting in 2 LED bulbs???
Ahh that actually reminds me. Someone local had the issue with the wrench and the cruise control(he did not mention hill start). Issue was a bad switch on the brake pedal and therefore the system could not tell if the pedal was pressed. Was fixed under warranty.

OP
HunterLayne
Thread Starter #8
Alright. I will get it looked at and will see if the problems go away.