Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

outside temps 12 to 18 octane requirement?

put on all season tires to cruise around yesterday. plates expired on my ram. I wish my intercooler worked this well at 110 at elevation in colorado airstrip attack, lol.
...anyway when your charge air temps are that cool what happens to octane requirements of the fuel? how could we duplicate the cold weather power levels in the summer. race intercooler and meth? thanks bob. (X37 turbo)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
put on all season tires to cruise around yesterday. plates expired on my ram. I wish my intercooler worked this well at 110 at elevation in colorado airstrip attack, lol.
...anyway when your charge air temps are that cool what happens to octane requirements of the fuel? how could we duplicate the cold weather power levels in the summer. race intercooler and meth? thanks bob. (X37 turbo)
More dense air = more fuel added. If knock is detected or boost builds to quickly, the ECU will pull timing and/or limit boost. If you want to simulate this effect you just need to cool the charge aka nitrous or cold pipe meth injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk