Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

anyone have experience with Racing slicks?

Just wondering if anyone had feedback from running slicks on their Fist? I had though I heard that the torque vectoring that remained on with traction control off had some issues when paired with slicks. Can anyone comment on this?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I planned to see if we could find one to fit on the stock 17's. Not "idea", but...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I've not heard, nor felt any issues on slicks. Actually, there is one thing...use the headrest.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I've not heard, nor felt any issues on slicks. Actually, there is one thing...use the headrest.

Lol, we were just talking about that yesterday in the shop with the twin turbo big block car lol

Edit:

Not looking good... my 24.x tires are about the limit on height with stock rise height

Just wondering if anyone had feedback from running slicks on their Fist? I had though I heard that the torque vectoring that remained on with traction control off had some issues when paired with slicks. Can anyone comment on this?
Are you referring to drag racing slicks, or autocross/road racing slicks? Just wondering...

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #6
Not drag radials. I am wanting to track the car. Still deciding how far to go with it and looking at the possible need for a LSD as well but i am not wanting to get too crazy with this car

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Not drag radials. I am wanting to track the car. Still deciding how far to go with it and looking at the possible need for a LSD as well but i am not wanting to get too crazy with this car
Are you talking about R-comp tires?

Are you talking about R-comp tires?
I would like to know this as well. There is a big difference between using them on the drag strip, big road courses and autox.

I have a good deal on some Kumho V700s for autox waiting but I keep hearing that they are not a great idea of on a stock suspension FiST.

OP
MegaBuster
Thread Starter #9
Still looking for info on this. trying to decide if NT01 Nitto's is worth doing on some new wheels or if I should just get some 200 tread wear tires in 215/40 R17

Still looking for info on this. trying to decide if NT01 Nitto's is worth doing on some new wheels or if I should just get some 200 tread wear tires in 215/40 R17
If you're not wanting to go too crazy with this, then the NT01 is not for you. Find some good 200TW tires and stick with those. You should be more than happy with most of the selections out there.

I run Toyo R888's in 225/50x15's and have found that inside front wheelspin is almost gone. I feel that I don't really have a need for a LSD anymore.

For the money, a high performance 200 treadwear tire is probably the way to go if HPDE/trackday's are what you are wanting. A lot of the super high performance, barely DOT legal tires will heat cycle out were as a slightly less sticky 200 treadwear tire will stay sticky for longer.

My dedicated track tires will be a 200 treadwear tire coupled with a light 16" rim.