Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Are you saying the screen has RCA inputs on it ? (presumably in the back of the display)
When I posted that I had just read something like it in the manual, but I had not personally used it. I don't remember where I saw it though now. It does say video is playable when parked on page 341, but it's very vague as far as how to do it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

^ exactly. I laughed at them when they tried to keep me for a fraction of what they were trying to charge me out of the gate at my renewal. I'm not paying anywhere near what they want to charge for an iPod playlist. And shitty DJs every 10 minutes telling me it's commercial free.

Ditched them like a bad habit and picked up Spotify. Far superior in every measurable way.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I let it lapse. I now have approximately 8000 songs on USB sticks, ripped in WMA 192 bit, so the sound is vastly superior to the overly compressed satellite crap. Voice activation works mostly flawlessly or I leave it on random play most of the time. 8000 songs is about 25 continuous days without a repeat, so that is enough for me.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I thought about signing up for a bit, but the audio quality is SO BAD. If it's not one of the top stations the quality is terrible.

I really want it for station 51 and 52, but the sound quality isn't all that great. Unless i get a deal, I won't be subscribing after my free trial.

joesiris

I gave up on it after the free trial, I thought it was garbage, but pandora plus for 5 bucks a month gives you upgraded sound quality, and unlimited skips, and no ads ever, so there is that option...even at free I liked Pandora way better than Sirius and it connects easily to the car and functions with the steering wheel controls

A smartphone connected via BlueTooth gives you so many more options that I don't consider it being worth the cost and oftentimes has free alternatives to allow you to listen to whatever it is you want to hear.

Ultimately I think a lot of it is subjective and is very situational depending on what you're into. If you're into music, there are much better apps that are free that you can use to listen to just about anything. If you're into live stuff, of course, there's apps for that too. So ultimately I imagine that there is something out there that presents a lower cost, and will be better, than Sirius.

As for me, I find a sub to Google Play Music serves my needs very well for the vast majority of stuff I listen to. There are pluses and minuses, of course (their selection of Prince songs leaves much to be desired for example) but it does virtually everything Sirius does but better. At the time of this writing, I'm paying $16 a month for their family plan which allows me to share the sub with up to 6 other emails/individuals. So one dollar more means I can enjoy it, and so can my immediate family :).

Also - be advised that when your trial does run out that you will be inundated with snail-mail as well as phone calls to try and get you to sign up and renew your subscription. When you do receive a call from them, tell them that you wish to be removed from their calling list and they should comply. It might take a couple tries, but eventually they'll do so.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine's got Apple Carplay. Just plugged the phone in and confirmed it today. I haven't even used it yet. Gotta be cheaper than 15 a month. [chairfall]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I have it in my daily driver 2010 Ford Focus, but I did not renew it the Fiesta ST. Even with satellite radio you start hearing the same songs over and over again. When me and my wife switched to Sprint from Verizon, and I got unlimited I just use Spotify through Android auto. Sound quality is a lot better on Spotify on the extreme setting, then satellite radio by far.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I had Sirius for the past 6 years. I always let it expire and then wait for a deal. I am now living without it and use Pandora. My biggest issue is lack of a good news channel. If I could figure that out, if be done with SiriusXM

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Just got a notification on the radio stating that my trial subscription is about to expire. I do find myself listening to SiriusXM quite a bit on long road trips but not sure if it's worth $15 a month.
I have several vehicles and a long commute to work so I split the days between a couple of cars and I love Sirius XM. When it expires talk them into a special rate for the year. You will have to put a credit card on file. Then call back up a couple of weeks later and have the credit card removed so they can't auto-renew at full price and then negotiate again when the year is up. It has worked for me for years.

I personally love xm. I pay like 9$ a month for the lowest tier, because once I discovered they had a station that played cannibal corpse, it was a done deal. [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23][emoji48][emoji48]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk