Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters

TheStig

Hmm funny hearing how you wound up getting 2yrs on the ms3. I heard this happen on many occasion,mainly only it going for a full yr instead of the 6 month trial. Maybe it's there little plan to let you have it for atleast a yr and by then your so used to having it you give in and subscribe,haha. Or,maybe they just get lazy and eventually getting around to shutting off [dunno]. I wouldn't complain if that happened to me,hehe.

-ry
If i didnt have to change the battery one day i dont think it would have ever been shut off. Im assuming after the battery was re-connected it probably sent a signal to SIRIUS for authorization and it bounced saying no good and stopped it all together. Happened to our dodge work truck too, not that unusual it would seem.

I still have a little time....I do like a few of the stations..The Blend is my favorite. But the tariff is too high. I have been working on piping in my own music via flashdrives.....this works pretty well.

I have 2 lifetimes which is the only way I will deal with them. the one lifetime I have has already paid for itself. I only listen to one station "octane" otherwise it would not be worth it.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Xm/Sirius just called me to ask if I wanted to renew my subscription.
I asked about the compressed sound and the lady said they get that complaint a lot with newer cars, and that is something wrong with out radios? I dunno about that, but just putting it out there.

Mine expired. I called and added the Traffic and Travel Link subscription since I use those features, it is $5.98 per month. I use my phone and Google Music for tunes.
The price for what you get is outrageous. It's nearly $17.00 a month. Good info about the travel link for $5.98/mo. Might just do that since I use that alot. I use my zune in the car via usb. Works like a charm. I never take it out of the car unless I add music to it. And it hides in the center console and works with my voice and steering wheel controls.

I'm a "no" vote. I've subscribed for a while with previous cars, but didn't really find it to be worth the money. I'd rather use the BT and stream stuff I actually want to listen to. When I've used Sirius/XM it was mostly for the comedy channels.

Xm/Sirius just called me to ask if I wanted to renew my subscription.
I asked about the compressed sound and the lady said they get that complaint a lot with newer cars, and that is something wrong with out radios? I dunno about that, but just putting it out there.
No, it's something that's always been there, regardless of the radio used. There just isn't a lot of bandwidth available for all those channels so they have to compress the hell out of it.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
No, it's something that's always been there, regardless of the radio used. There just isn't a lot of bandwidth available for all those channels so they have to compress the hell out of it.
I assumed as much lol.
If it was the radio, all the other sources of music would sound just as bad

I know a few people who have held out on renewal and have gotten good deals. Thats the only way its worth it to me, I only listen to a few channels. Cant see paying 17 a month for something that's more of a convenience then anything.

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Anyone got a call from them? They offered me $99.99-year if I signed up for a one year plan.

I got the same offer.
No thanks, I'll just keep Spotify and have waaaay more variety and control over my music
I thin that price is still too high for what they offer. I only find three stations with listening to, about 50% of the time. The rest of the time it's not worth it.

If it was under $5 a month, I'd consider it.

I thin that price is still too high for what they offer. I only find three stations with listening to, about 50% of the time. The rest of the time it's not worth it.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club

For Spotify?
You can make a station from literally any song you want? Or listen to any artist, album, or song you want?
It basically doesn't get any better than that lol

For Spotify?
You can make a station from literally any song you want? Or listen to any artist, album, or song you want?
It basically doesn't get any better than that lol
No no. For sirius. I know about spotify. Sirius should not be more than $5/mo imi.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
The sound quality has never really bothered me. I usually deny their first offer and wait for them to call back with the new 'lower' 1-year price. Then I accept and pay and each time I have the vehicle has always gotten at least two years before they noticed and shut it off. I make enough long-distance road trips to make it worth my while, even though I've found that a lot of times in this car I forget to even turn it on.

That's a big fat negatory. The only thing I'll miss is the traffic alerts when I search for something with the navigation. The rest of the features can be easily obtained using your phone, a USB stick and a YouTube video downloader/audio converter (all free BTW).