Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters
So what's the deal now with Sirius, what's a good deal out there? Mine is just about over and they called me a couple times to re-offer me a subscription.

Mine expired last month a d I get 6 month for $30 mailer every other day it seems. They also keep calling....my wife told them no one by that name lives here and to stop calling lol

Javi

The sound quality is not the best, but I love the traffic. Especially living in Sothern CA. It's only $3.99 a month, I think that gets you weather too.

They called me the other day because I guess mine is about to expire. I already pay for Google play music all access and my Nexus 5 can look up all the other information. Other than it being integrated, I don't see the point.

i have it in my work rig with a player i got for Christmas a couple years ago.. you can just do a music subscription without talk or news for 8 bux a month

I used to subscribe to Sirius way back when, but now, holy cow it sounds AWFUL! I'm way to spoiled by steaming Pandora or my MP3s to pay for SiriusXM.

I dont even understand how poor their programming is. I thought the liquid metal/ozzys/hair would be good but its more commercial then FM radio... Not to mention half the time its the same show i heard on the drive into work...

BT/USB

i won't. I liked it when I had my last car, and a job that had me doing every day highway across the country and sometimes beyond. There is strength in having continuity of signal no matter where you go when your path is long. But now, after giving up that job, I only travel in my city, and have access to what I need on FM/flash media.

You have to remember that Sirius is an advertiser masquerading as a media company. Their revenue comes from advertisers. Their conduit into your vehicle is constructed to sell you things. Any non marketing media is just the velvet glove that the steel pimp hand of advertising is wrapped in.

I re-upped with the $29 for 6 months offer. Between driving to work, road trips, and having my gf in the car - the Sirius options are just too convenient/easy. She has her stations for when we ride together, and I have mine.

With that said, I have a calendar reminder to call and cancel a few days before the 6 months ends. If I'm keeping it, there's no way I'm paying full price. I use Pandora, Soundcloud, NPR on FM, etc. enough to fill in the gaps.

haste

1000 Post Club
The sound quality of Sirius radio is VERY disappointing. My wife even commented on it...

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I have had Sirius since 2004 in my cars, but I have found the quality of programming has gone down hill as of lately. They keep adding more and more DJ's and radio shows. When it was just music all the time, it was outstanding! I don't feel like paying money to be constantly searching around the channels for something to listen to. The price versus quality just isn't there anymore.

i have spotify. much better. Siriusxm is like having cable. tons of channels but u only listen to a few and those few play the same crap over and over again

KKaWing

I kept asking them to put some East Asian music channels in... they kept replying their clientele doesn't want that channel... guess who's not part of their clientele anymore ^^; I just swapped the money saved and put it into a better cell phone data plan. Go net radio.

The sound quality of Sirius radio is VERY disappointing. My wife even commented on it...
My prior car came with Sirius as well, sounded way better, and I have to agree that specific to the audio package in the ST, the decoding is just not up to snuff. It feels and sounds like it's processing a wayyyy lower bitrate stream.

haste

1000 Post Club
My prior car came with Sirius as well, sounded way better, and I have to agree that specific to the audio package in the ST, the decoding is just not up to snuff. It feels and sounds like it's processing a wayyyy lower bitrate stream.
Yarp. It sounds as bad as a 96-128 bit rate mp3.

SPhilli911

Didn't even know I had Sirius XM until I got a letter in the mail asking to subscribe to it. Shows how much I care.

In fact, I hardly ever use the touch screen at all, wish I had an option to get rid of it entirely.

Zissou

Just got a notification on the radio stating that my trial subscription is about to expire. I do find myself listening to SiriusXM quite a bit on long road trips but not sure if it's worth $15 a month.
I renewed mine twice, but only because I've been able to get it for $5/month by calling them. First deal was 6 months for $30, then last month I got a 5 month for $25. When the renewal happens they go to full price so be ready to call them and complain!