Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters

jayrod1980

I love it because our family drives a lot. I absolutely hated stations cutting out and changing only an hour into a drive in the mid-atlantic area. I've grown attached to Sirius but it is expensive. It's pretty easy though to go online and get it for under 100 a year. I just did so, and the only hassle is re-upping my subscription next September. I like streaming radio, and that's what I've done for the better part of 5 years, but again... on trips, regardless of your provider, chances are you will hit many areas without high speed internet. I've been able to keep the cost down to about 10-11 a month for the last 5 years but if I was ever unable to keep the cost in that range, I will likely cancel as well.

Depending on how much the subscription is per month I may keep it. No commercials is nice and I don't have to worry about burning up my phone data streaming pandora

Got a 6-month for $30 bucks or so. It expires in January. I'll call up to cancel (sound could be A LOT better)... but if they do offer me a good deal, I'll consider it. Works really well for roadtrips.

masonsturbos

I keep hearing stations talk about something like 36 stations will be considered "preview" stations and free... So I'm just hoping the 6 stations I listen to on a regular are still there at the end of my trial from ford.

I used to absolutely love Sirius (before the merger). But when they were doing the free broadcast last year, I listened to it for a while and realized it just wasn't as good as I remember it. I don't need eleventy-billion sports stations, nor do I need even more 'Top 40' pop stations. The rock stations are very repetitive as said above, and searching through all the channels is frankly a pain in the ass, at least with the Caliber's primitive head unit.

Not to mention the fact that I get enough junk mail as it is; I don't need them sending me subscription offers every time I turn the radio on. Frankly, it kind of creeps me out when some company sends me a letter with my full name, address, and VIN just because I hit the wrong button while driving.

Sirius?

Just got a notification on the radio stating that my trial subscription is about to expire. I do find myself listening to SiriusXM quite a bit on long road trips but not sure if it's worth $15 a month.
Won't subscribe, the High Defination Radio is so much better sound quality. Plus no commercials on my favorite station. Why pay with all the other ways to play your favorite stuff.

masonsturbos

I don't know what everyone is saying about the quality of sound, it is much better than standard am/fm- even HD fm stations don't come near the quality.

Yeah, I don't have an opinion between HD/non-HD with my head unit in the Caliber. One thing I did experience that was mind-bendingly annoying was when we took the Fiesta on a road trip to Worlds of Fun in KC last year. While in BFE, southeast Nebraska, the radio kept toggling between HD and analog on one of the few stations we could get reception. It was like listening to a record skipping. My stereo in the Caliber may be an unholy pile of junk, but at least it's a six disc changer so I could set the music for a trip like that and forget it.

But I'm guessing a lot of you guys have iPods and such and don't even mess with CDs much anymore . . . [neener]

I use the weather live map, gas pricea, traffic all the time. Plus you get news CNN, CNBc, FOx, NPR wtc. For the price of a 12 pack of beer per month its worth it

Bluedrank

Why pay for something you can get free on your phone
This is a perfectly logical question. And then answer is of course there is no reason, other than being technically illiterate. This is especially true for the 2016 guys when the sync 3 update arrives and allows us to connect our phones to the system.

I'm sure the car companies know this too. Younger people probably skew towards not buying stupid shit like sirius, whereas the older folks must buy those subscriptions like it's fucking AOL in the 90s. If you're afraid of your phone, sirius is the way to go.

Bluedrank

Plus your phone eats up data. You can get Howard Stern on your phone for free?
Ehh, Tmobile streams lots of audio apps for free, and they give users a data cache that essentially rolls over the previous month's unused data. And yeah, if you're even slightly tech savvy you can get Howard Stern for free.

I use my zune in the car via usb. Works like a charm. I never take it out of the car unless I add music to it. And it hides in the center console and works with my voice and steering wheel controls.
Does anyone else use Zune? Can I just plug it in and it'll recognize it? I have an old one I haven't used in a while, might be worth plugging it back in and leaving in the car...

masonsturbos

I just passed 1 year with the car... I still have xm but I haven't got a bill- maybe reflashing every tune revision does that-