Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters

Intuit

3000 Post Club
So many stations and yet, a limited selection. Can't even find Raggae. Nope. The phone and flash drive are a plenty. Unless it plays video DVD, haven't a clue why there's a CD player in there. That's mid 1990s technology and a waste of space.

Does that slot playback video DVD ? Might be useful for passengers. (obviously not a driver unless sitting in a parking lot, waiting on the gf/wife)

Free trial ran out on the little lady's escape the other week. Got a call from Sirius today offering 6 months for $30.

I said hells yeah gimme some of that.

yada yada yada

Shower head

Intuit

3000 Post Club
*IF* anything was signed, creating an obligation to them, then cancel NOW.

I don't play those games.

They act like they're drug pushes or something.

"Free" "trial" are supposed to be just that.

A "trial" is temporary. "Free" means you don't pay.

After the trail period ends, the onus is on them to cease and desist, not you.

If they send you a bill just shred it. They'll eventually get the picture.

If you actually want the service then go ahead and create a subscription.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I also did the $30 for 6 months for a road trip I went on....totally worth it for 6 months IMO.[rockon]

Based

The sound quality in the fiesta st with the xm radio is really bad compared to how it is in my grandmas Cadillac. Weird.

I won't be getting it again. There's 3 channels I like and all they do is play the same 8 songs all day and then at night the dj's shout over the music more than actually playing music. Might as well be fm radio.

I won't be renewing after the free trial is over. Reviews for the sound system in this car seemed to be positive overall, but I didn't understand why. Sirius was my only reference for the sound system for a week and I thought the quality of the system was tolerable at best. Then I started streaming music from my phone over bluetooth and the quality was so much better. It turned out the sound system isn't crap, but the quality from Sirius is. And I find that I keep channel surfing because there aren't that many songs I like even within genres I normally listen to. They also put the same playlist on repeat.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
So many stations and yet, a limited selection. Can't even find Raggae. Nope. The phone and flash drive are a plenty. Unless it plays video DVD, haven't a clue why there's a CD player in there. That's mid 1990s technology and a waste of space.

Does that slot playback video DVD ? Might be useful for passengers. (obviously not a driver unless sitting in a parking lot, waiting on the gf/wife)
You can play video through the RCA jacks.

They have ONE Reggae channel but it took me awhile to find it because it's within another genre and the name has like almost nothing to do with reggae at all so you can easily skip it thinking it is something else. The music was ok but with all the different types of Reggae around, they really should have more options...

...and therein lies my problem with Sirius. It was fine on my road trip with friends who liked various types of music or maybe if you are someone into a lots of types and travel around, but otherwise it is a waste of money. Even the channels that I did like (3) were lacking on new content and just not fulfilling enough to make me want to pay monthly for it.

As if that wasn't enough, I found places while ON the Interstate where I lost signals and we weren't up some mountain peak or something and it was a clear sunny day...

Thanks but no thanks Sirius. IMO it would be better for them if they had ads like am/fm. I'd probably use it again on the road then...maybe...depending on how many ads they had and such.

Sent using Tapatalk

Let mine expire. Sound quality was worse than the lowest bit rate Mp3.
Over the last few months I ripped all the tunes I like on nearly 1000 CD's that I either owned or picked up from our local Library which has an extensive CD collection.
So I have about 6000 songs on a USB stick.
Random play is good or voice command gets you whatever track you like. Found the USB stick is superior sound to Blue tooth audio off of my phone
Used WMA at a 196 bit rate and sounds about as good as the stock system is capable of and far superior to the highly compressed satellite radio.

zanethan

I keep mine renewed but I always get the 6 months for $25 "promotion". They always claim they won't give me the same discount and when I say, "ok then cancel it" they change their tone. Even if they auto bill you you can call after you realize it and cancel and they will refund you the unused portion of the subscription. I agree sound quality isn't great but lack of commercials and variety make up for it on long road trips in my book.

You can play video through the RCA jacks.

They have ONE Reggae channel but it took me awhile to find it because it's within another genre and the name has like almost nothing to do with reggae at all so you can easily skip it thinking it is something else. The music was ok but with all the different types of Reggae around, they really should have more options...

...and therein lies my problem with Sirius. It was fine on my road trip with friends who liked various types of music or maybe if you are someone into a lots of types and travel around, but otherwise it is a waste of money. Even the channels that I did like (3) were lacking on new content and just not fulfilling enough to make me want to pay monthly for it.

As if that wasn't enough, I found places while ON the Interstate where I lost signals and we weren't up some mountain peak or something and it was a clear sunny day...

Thanks but no thanks Sirius. IMO it would be better for them if they had ads like am/fm. I'd probably use it again on the road then...maybe...depending on how many ads they had and such.

Sent using Tapatalk
One reggae channel and it's mostly Roots and Culture. Not good for Dancehall fans, especially classic dancehall (80's to early 2000's).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they really strict about canceling the subscription? My last car (2004 Audi A6) that I got new had XM installed at purchase and literally the trial worked until october when I got my new car, Maybe the trial is still active on the ole girl as it sits in copart. My dad never used it and never realized it was still there but when I got the car in 07 I feel like I just kept my radio on 90s on 9 all the time.

If it cancelled I wouldn't be upset, Apple Music does a nice 90s playlist but I do enjoy that they cover every genre on the station

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Are they really strict about canceling the subscription? My last car (2004 Audi A6) that I got new had XM installed at purchase and literally the trial worked until october when I got my new car, Maybe the trial is still active on the ole girl as it sits in copart. My dad never used it and never realized it was still there but when I got the car in 07 I feel like I just kept my radio on 90s on 9 all the time.

If it cancelled I wouldn't be upset, Apple Music does a nice 90s playlist but I do enjoy that they cover every genre on the station
They are fairly strict, but if you mainly just use one channel and keep it there, you might be able to get away with it after the subscription has expired. I was still able to hear music from one channel whenever I hit it by accident months after it expired. I got curious though and changed channels and that "feature" seems to have stopped working since though.

Sent using Tapatalk

well 90s on 9 it is :)

but I know that it'll get cancelled because Sync 3 has 3 banks of presets so it's bound to happen

neeqness

1000 Post Club
well 90s on 9 it is :)

but I know that it'll get cancelled because Sync 3 has 3 banks of presets so it's bound to happen
Maybe, it seems like a bug so they might find out but I stopped using the source button because it's too slow cycling through all those banks.

Sent using Tapatalk

Lets see, I have AM, plus limited AM HD, All FREE
I have FM plus lots of FM HD, all FREE
I have USB sticks, already paid for
I have blue-tooth to my phone with Pandora, Amazon, Spoitfy,iHeart Radio which are FREE or very cheep.
Now why would I want to pay for Sirius?
To listen to Howard Stern? Live sports? but I don't listen to either of those with my free trial.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Found mine expired (who knows when) cycling through the sources.
Then you get an annoying pop-up that won't let you do anything else until you acknowledge it.
Web pages try to do the same thing. I just close the entire web page without reading it vs hunt around for some tinyittybittywittle benign 'x' or 'thanks' or whatever to click on.
(I refuse to use ad-blockers because this is a form a theft considering that ad revenue is how websites try to recover some of their costs for operating.)

To get past their stupid little pop-up, I had to turn the radio off and back on.
Nice. [shameful] Thanks to $iriu$ or whatever their name is, my radio now has a web browser like pop-over if I cycle through the inputs. [facepalm]

So how does one remove them from the source list anyway ?
I went poking around in the settings and, nada found. [screwy]
Good thing I rarely ever cycle. Guess that'll be never now. Another (now) useless dash wart is the Source button...

Channel 51 and 52 is where it's at, occasionally 54 will play 80's and 90's dance hits. I subscribe in my 4Runner and it sounds great with the factory JBL system, and my gf will subscribe her FiST when her trial is over, her Sony system isn't too bad.