Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters

Kazz

At $180 a year it's not gonna happen anyway. But the sound quality is so awful there is no way in hell I would want to listen to it anyway. Does everyone notice that? FM is MUCH better!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
At $180 a year it's not gonna happen anyway. But the sound quality is so awful there is no way in hell I would want to listen to it anyway. Does everyone notice that? FM is MUCH better!
Didn't really notice but it's been awhile since I heard what it sounded like. I suppose it doesn't matter anyway to me though, even if it sounded like theater surround I still doubt I'd get it. Just not enough of the music I listen to.

The only thing I notice different from FM is the sound is a little lower and you have to turn it up. On my 4Runner every different input has separate equalizer settings, so I adjust all of them. I suppose if you live in a bad reception area for satellite the quality will go down, but where I am, it sounds exactly like the FM stations, except no commercials and not the same songs playing on a loop. I especially hate FM's 10 minute commercial breaks around 15 and 45 minute intervals. So if you hate music and love commercials FM is your cup of tea. $180 a year is nothing, you got bigger problems to worry about if your budget is that ass-tight.

The only thing I notice different from FM is the sound is a little lower and you have to turn it up. On my 4Runner every different input has separate equalizer settings, so I adjust all of them. I suppose if you live in a bad reception area for satellite the quality will go down, but where I am, it sounds exactly like the FM stations, except no commercials and not the same songs playing on a loop. I especially hate FM's 10 minute commercial breaks around 15 and 45 minute intervals. So if you hate music and love commercials FM is your cup of tea. $180 a year is nothing, you got bigger problems to worry about if your budget is that ass-tight.
1-50 are commercial free, 51-994 have commercials
All the low channels 50's on 5 etc, repeat, though not and exact loop, no commercials but a yammering DJ.
My USB stick has no commercials, and great quality, over 1000 songs fit on a $10 stick, and it starts up were you left off the prior time, so it takes a very long time to loop.
On FM when a commercial break starts just jump to the next preset.
I don't use it, but iHeatrtRadio is free, they much have commercial though?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
$180 is way more than I want to spend for what they give. I would if it was worth it to me, but it's not. If you like it that's fine. But for me they need more selection in the genres I'm looking for.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Different stations on the internet stream at different bandwidth settings. This is similar to the quality settings on an MP3 file; whether it's 64kbps or 128kbps bitrate for example. There are more parameters other than bitrate but the point is made; and may explain most of the differences between people on audio quality experiences.

It is possible that $iriu$ may have some format-dependent broadcast standard for bitrate. Obviously if all you're doing is talk radio, there's no reason to be operating above 22kHz bandwdith vs an all music or mixed station that would see benefit from running 44k+. There are (or at least used to be) ultra-low budget stations on the net that don't even do 22kHz, but may do 11kHz. But $iriu$ isn't exactly the internet, and can therefore impose some standards for broadcast.

I personally like the techno and edm stuff, which I don't get on FM, and the main reason why I have Satellite. There are a few DJ's that have their sets on that I don't like, usually the ghetto rap ones on a edm station, but at least one station down I get another similar station that isn't blasting a ghetto crap mix. Don't get me wrong though, I do like a lot of the 1 hour DJ mixes they have on there, and FM won't broadcast live EDC and UMF.

To add my radio to our already active SiriusXM subscription (wife's car) it raises the price 2.5x what we currently pay. With that, I decided to stick with just my Spotify sub. I was hoping and assumed that adding a 2nd radio would be less than 2x our current cost.

joesiris

just got my first reup letter, said no way, didn't even use it, tried it sure, but since my phone connects straight to the radio why would I use that when I can use the songs stored on my memory or Pandora, all free. Way too much for crap radio

Mine just ran out today. I only listed to Stern and even then it was mostly re-runs. I'm not paying for that or their compressed shitty signal.

joesiris

yeah I don't blame you, but get ready for the hundreds of junk mail they will send to your house trying to get you to resign, needless to say I never run out of fire starter for the 'ol fire pit

OK, mine expires at the end of March, I'm not renewing.
But the first notice I got includes and offer for 6 months for the price of 2, introductory rate of $30 for 6 months, pretty cheep,
But the fine print gets very sleazy. They say it automatically renews at the then current regular rate, not disclosed, $180 per year? or more?
BUT then they add $4.16 in fees and taxes PLUS if you want to pay by check they add $2 invoicing fee.

You know the system has to be crackable, it's a one way system, theres no ability for them to read back, so I'm sure someone could figure out how to copy radio ID #s
But why bother, it's just not worth it.
Even if you have money to burn, don't renew, it's an obsolete service using 30 year old technology.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
yeah I don't blame you, but get ready for the hundreds of junk mail they will send to your house trying to get you to resign, needless to say I never run out of fire starter for the 'ol fire pit
Lol.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Remember the days when AOL used to send everybody floppies? Yeah I used to format and reuse those puppies. Then they switched to CDs. Haven't figured out any productive use for the paper (or plastic) junkmail.

We have two cars with Sirius, my FiST and my wife's Escape. When I renewed the subscription on the FiST, I put both radios on one account, and mine became cheaper, thanks to a discount. Woo hoo. Then we just got the renewal bill for the Escape... $220, and not the $129 I was now paying for the FiST. So, online chat with Sirius... turns out if you put two radios on one account, only one gets the discount. So we'd be looking at $350 per year to keep both radios on Sirius. Too much, I said - so the Sirius guy suggested the less-expensive Mostly Music account. Sounds good, I said... Mostly Music on both radios, plus the multi-radio discount, would make the cost almost bearable. But no, he says... the Mostly Music account isn't eligible for the discount. And putting both radios on Mostly Music, with no discount, would total around $348, for a saving of $2.00 annually. That's when I had them deactivate the account on the FiST. Haven't missed it yet.

FB

We have two cars with Sirius, my FiST and my wife's Escape. When I renewed the subscription on the FiST, I put both radios on one account, and mine became cheaper, thanks to a discount. Woo hoo. Then we just got the renewal bill for the Escape... $220, and not the $129 I was now paying for the FiST. So, online chat with Sirius... turns out if you put two radios on one account, only one gets the discount. So we'd be looking at $350 per year to keep both radios on Sirius. Too much, I said - so the Sirius guy suggested the less-expensive Mostly Music account. Sounds good, I said... Mostly Music on both radios, plus the multi-radio discount, would make the cost almost bearable. But no, he says... the Mostly Music account isn't eligible for the discount. And putting both radios on Mostly Music, with no discount, would total around $348, for a saving of $2.00 annually. That's when I had them deactivate the account on the FiST. Haven't missed it yet.

FB
The only real benefit to Sirius is that it is available nationwide. (Well not quite, not AK & HI) Whereas Internet based radio services, which are much cheaper or free, are only available were you have wifi or mobile data. Virtually every inch of every interstate highway has access to mobile data. Note that for music, you don't need 4G, 3G will do. So we are talking about some pretty remote areas that have no 3G service. I guess your Escape can go off road to remote areas, but I doubt that you would want to drive a FiST off road.

I will never fund this company again. They called me in December to collect $9 in a past due amount. While on the phone, I terminated my service, as I was not using it at the time. Turns out, they charged my credit card for the months of February through April, with out me realizing it. When I called them on it, I was given a long run about, talking to several customer service reps, and in the end of the call they still waited to collect $3 in past due amounts! Screw them! I have 3 company vehicles with sirius, also that I will not be renewing.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk