Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

How many people plan to subcribe to SiriusXM after their trial subscription expires?

• Yes

Votes: 66 26.4%
  • No

Votes: 184 73.6%

• Total voters

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Just got a notification on the radio stating that my trial subscription is about to expire. I do find myself listening to SiriusXM quite a bit on long road trips but not sure if it's worth $15 a month.

I agree, the sound quality is horrible unless its a top 40 station. I wont be. Plus from what I listened to there is a lot of repetition.

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Its not worth it when you can stream music via BT.

Damn,I didn't even know it's $15 a month now,last time I had it was like 11-12 which looks a lot better on paper. Idk,hard one for me bc I listen to Howard a lot on the way in to work,and some other stations. In the end when my trail is up (August) I prob won't be subscribing.

-ry

Just renewed for one year for total of $142 tax included. Usually a little negotiating gets you a lower price. I just get music and love the selections.

Nope. Too tinny sounding for me. Bluetooth audio or my USB stick.

About 10 years ago I made the mistake of subscribing after the trial period. I liked it when driving long distances and it did allow me to listen to certain baseball and football games (normally not within range of the typical FM stations that carried the games of interest). When I decided to cancel the service, the customer service and billing departments were horrible...they made it very difficult to cancel and even tried to charge my credit card after I gave them a cancellation notice. I had to escalate the issue to get the service cancelled. That experience dictates all my future decisions to never subscribe again. With all the alternatives available today...I just don't see a need for satellite radio in any of my vehicles...especially at the prices they want to charge (and their horrible customer service).

If I drove the car everyday for work I would subscribe.

But for now I've let it cancel out... like everyone is saying, usb and bluetooth are enough music.

TheStig

My old MS3 had a trial for almost 2 years (don't ask me, Sirius just never shut it off) and I got addicted, so yes I will renew my subscription after it ends the trial. Currently im paying for the on demand aswell since I listen to it a lot from my phone and on my work PC.

I love the Jason Ellis Show, Octane, NFL Radio, Stern channels (100, 101), comedy channels are OK at times. Its worth the money to me since I drive fairly often.

My old MS3 had a trial for almost 2 years (don't ask me, Sirius just never shut it off) and I got addicted, so yes I will renew my subscription after it ends the trial. Currently im paying for the on demand aswell since I listen to it a lot from my phone and on my work PC.

I love the Jason Ellis Show, Octane, NFL Radio, Stern channels (100, 101), comedy channels are OK at times. Its worth the money to me since I drive fairly often.
Hmm funny hearing how you wound up getting 2yrs on the ms3. I heard this happen on many occasion,mainly only it going for a full yr instead of the 6 month trial. Maybe it's there little plan to let you have it for atleast a yr and by then your so used to having it you give in and subscribe,haha. Or,maybe they just get lazy and eventually getting around to shutting off [dunno]. I wouldn't complain if that happened to me,hehe.

-ry

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Mine just went dead air today so happy 6 months to me ;) might miss it but I doubt it ... Because racecar sounds .. Thanks Joe ..

Mine is off also. Checked it when I replied to this thread. Probably haven't listened to it in a month.

Perry

About 10 years ago I made the mistake of subscribing after the trial period. I liked it when driving long distances and it did allow me to listen to certain baseball and football games (normally not within range of the typical FM stations that carried the games of interest). When I decided to cancel the service, the customer service and billing departments were horrible...they made it very difficult to cancel and even tried to charge my credit card after I gave them a cancellation notice. I had to escalate the issue to get the service cancelled. That experience dictates all my future decisions to never subscribe again. With all the alternatives available today...I just don't see a need for satellite radio in any of my vehicles...especially at the prices they want to charge (and their horrible customer service).
I've heard this from others, too, and while I've never extended Sirius/XM either lately or back when they were separate entities, I so detest such behavior that I'll not be re-upping.

IN my 04 STI it had sirius in it and it was a used car. I thought that was odd and maybe something the dealer put in to get me to sub. It worked for the 4 years I had the car. I just kept waiting for it to turn off but it never did.

New st owner here, day three. Not sure if i will keep sirius or not just yet. My father bought a new boat in 06. It had a 6 month free subscription. That lasted for 7 years without a renewal.

Mine expired. I called and added the Traffic and Travel Link subscription since I use those features, it is $5.98 per month. I use my phone and Google Music for tunes.

CanadianST

I was kinda disappointed with the satellite radio, this is my first car that could use it and I was kinda expecting more than a handful of songs on a constant loop. Won't be re subscribing.