Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

ABS and TC

Siestarider

A question for the track rats here. Does turning off ESC also turn off automatic front/rear brake bias? I know how ABS feels at track, but never occurs to me to "feel" rear brakes separately from fronts, unless something is wrong.

And I thought ABS worked each wheel independently of the others anyway. But Wikipedia says we have electronic F/R bias. Should be reliable info.

So naturally I want to be sure I am using brakes to the max at the track. Thanks.

Zormecteon

I thought that the data collected to operate the ABS system was then used to operate the ESC. .. ... That is, the only reason ESC is becoming ubiquitous is because ABS is standard. Now, as long as they have the data on the rotation of each wheel in order to implement ABS, they can also use that data for everything else. Turning off ESC does not turn off the data collection, only how it's used... ergo no effect of ABS.