Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MP215 reflash question.

Zormecteon

Has anyone had their tune reset to factory by the dealer and reflashed back to the 215?

I went in to get a key (fob) made as a spare. They couldn't do it being locked out of some functions by the tune. They wanted to know if it was OK with me to reset to factory so they could do that. I wasn't sure that I could go home and reflash the tune, so I told them I'd wait for warmer weather went I could hook up my battery charger to perform the reflash....

I sent an email to Randy at mountune and he says it'll be just fine, but I was just wondering if anyone had had this experience.....

Comments?

I had the MR300 installed on my FoST and dealer had to rebuild the calibration a few times to do warranty work. I just reflashed with the mTune when they were done. Never had an issue.

I had this done about a month ago by my Ford dealer, no issues at all. I just made sure the mTune had the latest firmware though probably not necessary. I was having issues after filling up with gas so they flashed to latest Ford flash and replaced evap canister and valving. After that they reflashed MP215 as the tech thought certain areas of the ECU flash don't get over written by MP215.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Zormecteon

Zormecteon

Thread Starter #4
Thanx... I feel better.. I'll still wait until the next service then to have the key made... and I'll be sure to take the mtune and cable with me...

As I understand it, with later versions of the car a new fob can be programmed if you have two other working ones, but the build date on mine (Nov. 2013) is too early for that.