Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

At the end of the day its not the construction of the shocks that matters but like CanadianGuy said the quality, durability and performance that does. So long as these shocks don't deviate from that, and people are happy with them (which it seems they are!!) then Bilstein delivered.

Kazz

Are those B6s or B8s? The thread's about B8s but, if I read correctly, you said you had B6s on the way. And which springs? And what are you driving on now? Can't wait to hear your review!

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
For those ordering the parts to build the front strut I have some updates to the previous parts.
(2)Strut Mount C1BZ-3A197-DA obsoleted replaced with AD-1141-
(2)FRONT SUSPENSION STR 8V5Z-18198-B obsoleted replaced with AD-1133-
(2)DUST SHIELD 8V5Z-18A047-A
(2)STRUT BUMPER - 2015 FORD FIESTA C1BZ-3020-B you can also order D2BZ18198A but that is for the base Fiesta
(2)FORD FIESTA COIL SPRING INSULATOR - FORD CV1Z-5414-A

OP
Khill007
Thread Starter #130
I just wanted to update everyone on this setup after driving a couple of weeks. Amazing! This is the single best mod I've ever done on a vehicle. The FiST is a great car but I always felt there was something wrong with the suspension. Very rough ride for OEM platform. I've owned my share of performance vehicles and the FiST OEM suspension felt like a suspension upgrade gone awry...if that makeS sense?!? The car now rides and handles superbly and soaks up the minor imperfections in the road. Hell, the 17" wheels even feel like they belong now. I strongly suggest that you try this setup. You won't be disappointed!

You have me wondering if B6s or B8s would be better for the OEM springs now...

I choose the B8 for use with the stock springs, got them today. These dampers are made for all Fiestas, same part number for any model. The ST has about 1.5" less ground clearance than a SE, so I am assuming the springs are shorter than a stock SE. So the stock ST springs would be lowering springs if installed on a SE.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I think either will work. The B8s seems to be made with higher performance in mind though. It also seems to be a little shorter so if height is a high priority you might want to use the B6.

Not really sure, but from the feedback it seems the B8s have better damping too. I have looked at some other postings on forums for other platforms too (BMW, Honda, VW, etc.) and it seems B8s are the way to go, but I suppose the only way to get real feedback for our cars would be to find someone who has used both. I was really happy when it was brought up that the ST is already lowered with oem springs because from what I had read, the B8s was what I really wanted but I was beginning to feel that maybe dropping my car might not be a good idea long term. Too many close clearances around here.

That said, the biggest actual difference I can see otherwise that might mean anything to making that choice right off the bat is that the B6s should sit a little bit higher than the B8s. I'm still going for the B8s but I'll likely stick with oem springs.

I wonder though if my oem springs might be sagging a bit...I may try the Eibachs out with the B8s anyway just to see...

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I choose the B8 for use with the stock springs, got them today. These dampers are made for all Fiestas, same part number for any model. The ST has about 1.5" less ground clearance than a SE, so I am assuming the springs are shorter than a stock SE. So the stock ST springs would be lowering springs if installed on a SE.
Very curious on how it feels. That is the setup I am considering.

Very curious on how it feels. That is the setup I am considering.
Subscribed. Looking forward to a review CanadianGuy. I'm tired of the harsh ride. Not sure if I'm going to add lowering springs but if i upgrade the dampers i would like to have it ready to go. I wish eibach made pro dampers like they did for my MK1 Focus, was such a great setup for not a lot of money.

Subscribed. Looking forward to a review CanadianGuy. I'm tired of the harsh ride. Not sure if I'm going to add lowering springs but if i upgrade the dampers i would like to have it ready to go. I wish eibach made pro dampers like they did for my MK1 Focus, was such a great setup for not a lot of money.
I'm very curious to; think I'm set on B8's just don't know spring wise. I only want to do this once so I don't fancy mucking about swapping springs out again and then another alignment. My biggest gripe too is the harsh ride or as my girl says this isn't a car to wear a sports bra in.

Installed the B8s this morning, Three hours with the dog helping. Easiest struts I have installed. Length of the front from spring perch to top of shaft is 3/8" shorter than stock, rear shocks are almost 1" shorter than stock. Installed the ride height is the same as stock. With the wheels hanging free the droop is the same as stock in the rear.
Took a short drive, the B8 I guess to have more damping than stock. The ride is still very firm, but it does smooth out some of the small sharp impacts that you get from broken concrete. If ride quality is your main concern this may not be the best option, handling is still excellent. I will have to drive more before I can say more.

Installed the B8s this morning, Three hours with the dog helping. Easiest struts I have installed. Length of the front from spring perch to top of shaft is 3/8" shorter than stock, rear shocks are almost 1" shorter than stock. Installed the ride height is the same as stock. With the wheels hanging free the droop is the same as stock in the rear.
Took a short drive, the B8 I guess to have more damping than stock. The ride is still very firm, but it does smooth out some of the small sharp impacts that you get from broken concrete. If ride quality is your main concern this may not be the best option, handling is still excellent. I will have to drive more before I can say more.
Thanks for the info on the change in lengths. That kills them for a stock autocross build, unfortunately. That may have me going Koni then or living with OEM. Also, I'm really looking to calm the ride and it sounds like you may not be feeling much of that kind of result. Keep us posted!