Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

Still waiting here, have the B6 so kinda stuck since there isnt a good replacement b6 height shock for the rear I think. (Is there?)

So...I must like the punishment...I asked about the latest update on the rear B8 stock...mid to late October...

Every 2 months or so it gets pushed out another 2 months...way beyond ridiculous...coming up on a YEAR wait!!!

Still not sure what to do because I don't really want to do coilovers at this point, I'm good with just the lowering springs but of course there are no shocks for them. I don't want to go with the pricey Koni Yellows, had them before on another car. Not that they aren't a good product, I just don't want to pay so much for a set and have to take the rears off to make adjustments. If I knew it was going to be this insane, I would have probably just put all funds towards coilovers...[xx(]

Might have to do the Koni orange in the rears for now...or try overseas again...boooooooooooooo

anticon

That sucks, it sounds like they might as well just be discontinued. Maybe some used ones will pop up.

I feel your pain. I was lucky enough to snag a set of front struts but the rears were on backorder. I waited for 7 months and every time I asked they would keep moving the date. I don't see how this is good business practice and quite frankly I do not want to give my hard earned money to a company that operates this way. I too tossed around the idea of the Koni yellow, but I didn't want to mess with adjusting them. Ended up with Koni orange in the back and b8 in front. I don't regret getting the Koni and has made my commute on some pretty messed up roads a little more pleasant.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

A7xogg

So...I must like the punishment...I asked about the latest update on the rear B8 stock...mid to late October...

Every 2 months or so it gets pushed out another 2 months...way beyond ridiculous...coming up on a YEAR wait!!!

Still not sure what to do because I don't really want to do coilovers at this point, I'm good with just the lowering springs but of course there are no shocks for them. I don't want to go with the pricey Koni Yellows, had them before on another car. Not that they aren't a good product, I just don't want to pay so much for a set and have to take the rears off to make adjustments. If I knew it was going to be this insane, I would have probably just put all funds towards coilovers...[xx(]

Might have to do the Koni orange in the rears for now...or try overseas again...boooooooooooooo
After driving a car with the proper dapening to match a custom spring rate on the street and track, koni yellows are ways worth it. You're not gonna be changing the dampening in the rear every few months( unless you're doing lots of track time and then you want full custom coilovers). Set the dampers so the car can turn, doesn't bounce over every bump, and is conformable. Don't mean. To be a dick but after doing multiple suspension types, brands, etc koni yellows are one of the very few that do everything to perfection ( when you set the dampers to your spring rate) so yeah I'm gonna push yellows

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^^[twothumb]

WHY I am holding out for the Ground Control coil over conversion kits for the Koni yellows, for our rides. ;)

That being said, IF I had the $10K(+) sitting around for a full-on Reiger tarmac coil over setup, those would already be on the car. LOL

After driving a car with the proper dapening to match a custom spring rate on the street and track, koni yellows are ways worth it. You're not gonna be changing the dampening in the rear every few months( unless you're doing lots of track time and then you want full custom coilovers). Set the dampers so the car can turn, doesn't bounce over every bump, and is conformable. Don't mean. To be a dick but after doing multiple suspension types, brands, etc koni yellows are one of the very few that do everything to perfection ( when you set the dampers to your spring rate) so yeah I'm gonna push yellows
Not saying the Koni Yellows are not good, I think they are great...had them before on a BMW with Swift springs. The thing is the cost...I wanted just to do springs with a good shock set up and thought I had that with the B8s for my daily. Price point was a big part of the equation. If I knew I was going to spend that much on Koni Yellows / springs then I would have also had to consider a decent set of coilovers for that cost. So that's where I am at now...I have the front B8s and need to do something for the rear or start over and do Koni Yellows.

A7xogg

Not saying the Koni Yellows are not good, I think they are great...had them before on a BMW with Swift springs. The thing is the cost...I wanted just to do springs with a good shock set up and thought I had that with the B8s for my daily. Price point was a big part of the equation. If I knew I was going to spend that much on Koni Yellows / springs then I would have also had to consider a decent set of coilovers for that cost. So that's where I am at now...I have the front B8s and need to do something for the rear or start over and do Koni Yellows.
From what I've seen, alot of people dismiss koni yellows for many applications is because they use oem top mounts(that can use aftermarket ones but I'll get to that). People more want than need that extra camber adjustment for wheel fitment, track alignments, aggressive stance, etc etc.so then they buy any brand coilovers that have all the features ride height, alignment, and usually try and buy the cheaper one(cheaper = more mods). I'm not trying to bash anyone for buying x brand over y brand, just trying to make a point. They there suspension blows a shock on their set up after it's only a year and half old( almost all coilovers have 1 year warranty) then they buy another replacement shock and they blow another one and decide to buy another brand and talk about how much better it is than the brand they just replaced it with( this was me years and years ago). So now they just spent alot of money and time on suspension in a short time. Aftermarket has top plates for literally almost all platforms that give you that camber and/or caster adjustment that work with koni shocks. Doesn't koni have a lifetime warranty? Guys with koni shocks literally run them for years without issue, lots and lots of mileay and the damper stays like new for a long time. Again not trying to talk trash at anyone choice but koni, like other companies (billstein being one of them), make dampers that work at a very high level for a long time. And since they have an adjustable series I don't know why more people don't run them. I totally get that you or anyone wants to stick to a price point( especially when they have another project) but I see it as an investment. Which I guess I kind of answered my own question

Dpro

6000 Post Club
From what I've seen, alot of people dismiss koni yellows for many applications is because they use oem top mounts(that can use aftermarket ones but I'll get to that). People more want than need that extra camber adjustment for wheel fitment, track alignments, aggressive stance, etc etc.so then they buy any brand coilovers that have all the features ride height, alignment, and usually try and buy the cheaper one(cheaper = more mods). I'm not trying to bash anyone for buying x brand over y brand, just trying to make a point. They there suspension blows a shock on their set up after it's only a year and half old( almost all coilovers have 1 year warranty) then they buy another replacement shock and they blow another one and decide to buy another brand and talk about how much better it is than the brand they just replaced it with( this was me years and years ago). So now they just spent alot of money and time on suspension in a short time. Aftermarket has top plates for literally almost all platforms that give you that camber and/or caster adjustment that work with koni shocks. Doesn't koni have a lifetime warranty? Guys with koni shocks literally run them for years without issue, lots and lots of mileay and the damper stays like new for a long time. Again not trying to talk trash at anyone choice but koni, like other companies (billstein being one of them), make dampers that work at a very high level for a long time. And since they have an adjustable series I don't know why more people don't run them. I totally get that you or anyone wants to stick to a price point( especially when they have another project) but I see it as an investment. Which I guess I kind of answered my own question

Funny thing years ago before coilovers were even available for most street sports cars and even a lot of the racing cars ran springs and shocks both Koni’s and Bilsteins were considered pretty much top line.
You could also buy Camber Caster plates. I remember putting Moog Camber Caster plates on my Datsun 510.

Fast forward to the late 80’s and people started putting coilovers together. Ground Control was early in this.
They got smart and sold kits so you could convert your standard struts to ride height adjustable coil overs.
They made them for mainly Koni’s, KYB’s and Tokico’s. Not so much Bilsteins. That was because Koni,KYB and Tokico supplied replacement strut inserts for a lot cars stock struts.
Thing is when companies started putting complete coilover setups together everyone jumped on board.

We all like the idea of the springs being matched and buy a built setup with pillowball amd camber caster plates.Ground control did not offer compete set ups for a lot of cars. They mainly sold kits for a lot of the cars. Including their own camber caster plate.

So we all went down the road of Japanese coilovers because they were the ones that really want to town with them. Tein,JIC, Tanabe,Cusco,GAB,Buddy Club,APEXI, Tomei,ZEAL, etc...

If you were lucky enough to be in Japan you could ge Bilstein Coilovers and Ohlins. Both of which were comsidered cream of the crop over there.
Fact is most of the brands were over damped and Japan has incredibly smooth roads so they could get away with them. Though once they brought those coilovers here and ran them on American roads which were much rougher it showed up how bad those coilovers were. Then the Korean companies and Tawainese
Companies got im on the game. k Sport, BC otherwise known as Bor Chan ( not Buddly Club)plus a few others. They were not much better in my opinion.
What did a lot of us learn though is that a Koni setup built around matched Eibachs made a pretty sweet suspension. We were back to building our own coilovers.
Why because the shocks were just that much better. Thing is the average joe has still not figured those out most of te hard core track guys do. Except that really hard core track guys sometimes go Super Expensive with stuff like Penske which are amazing. Though a lot of grass roots guys run Koni’s .

Oh and there are few modern Coilover companies that are actually pretty good like KW. Which is a European company. The ST line is owned by KW as well. On and of course stuff like ATS, Penske amd other very expensive setups out of Europe.

In the end for our cars Koni Yellows or if you the 8600 series double adjustables are abaolutely awesome.
Its not like our cars needa lot of crazy suspension modding for most drivers. They already handle amazing right out of the box.
Coilovers are convenient. Spring shock Combo’s not as much. Yet because there is an awesome Japanese Spring company named Swift its not a bad way to to go. The other spring company that is better than Eibach happens to be Hyperco.
Where is all this going lol. I think its to answer the queation why more people are not into running Koni’s.
The short is what I said above convenience. The long is the history I stated above.

A7xogg

Funny thing years ago before coilovers were even available for most street sports cars and even a lot of the racing cars ran springs and shocks both Koni’s and Bilsteins were considered pretty much top line.
You could also buy Camber Caster plates. I remember putting Moog Camber Caster plates on my Datsun 510.

Fast forward to the late 80’s and people started putting coilovers together. Ground Control was early in this.
They got smart and sold kits so you could convert your standard struts to ride height adjustable coil overs.
They made them for mainly Koni’s, KYB’s and Tokico’s. Not so much Bilsteins. That was because Koni,KYB and Tokico supplied replacement strut inserts for a lot cars stock struts.
Thing is when companies started putting complete coilover setups together everyone jumped on board.

We all like the idea of the springs being matched and buy a built setup with pillowball amd camber caster plates.Ground control did not offer compete set ups for a lot of cars. They mainly sold kits for a lot of the cars. Including their own camber caster plate.

So we all went down the road of Japanese coilovers because they were the ones that really want to town with them. Tein,JIC, Tanabe,Cusco,GAB,Buddy Club,APEXI, Tomei,ZEAL, etc...

If you were lucky enough to be in Japan you could ge Bilstein Coilovers and Ohlins. Both of which were comsidered cream of the crop over there.
Fact is most of the brands were over damped and Japan has incredibly smooth roads so they could get away with them. Though once they brought those coilovers here and ran them on American roads which were much rougher it showed up how bad those coilovers were. Then the Korean companies and Tawainese
Companies got im on the game. k Sport, BC otherwise known as Bor Chan ( not Buddly Club)plus a few others. They were not much better in my opinion.
What did a lot of us learn though is that a Koni setup built around matched Eibachs made a pretty sweet suspension. We were back to building our own coilovers.
Why because the shocks were just that much better. Thing is the average joe has still not figured those out most of te hard core track guys do. Except that really hard core track guys sometimes go Super Expensive with stuff like Penske which are amazing. Though a lot of grass roots guys run Koni’s .

Oh and there are few modern Coilover companies that are actually pretty good like KW. Which is a European company. The ST line is owned by KW as well. On and of course stuff like ATS, Penske amd other very expensive setups out of Europe.

In the end for our cars Koni Yellows or if you the 8600 series double adjustables are abaolutely awesome.
Its not like our cars needa lot of crazy suspension modding for most drivers. They already handle amazing right out of the box.
Coilovers are convenient. Spring shock Combo’s not as much. Yet because there is an awesome Japanese Spring company named Swift its not a bad way to to go. The other spring company that is better than Eibach happens to be Hyperco.
Where is all this going lol. I think its to answer the queation why more people are not into running Koni’s.
The short is what I said above convenience. The long is the history I stated above.
Well said, I'll buy you a beer if I ever meet you lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Doesn't Koni have a lifetime warranty? Guys with Koni shocks literally run them for years without issue, lots and lots of mileage and the damper stays like new for a long time. Again not trying to talk trash at anyone choice but Koni, like other companies (Bilstein being one of them), make dampers that work at a very high level for a long time. And since they have an adjustable series I don't know why more people don't run them. I totally get that you or anyone wants to stick to a price point( especially when they have another project) but I see it as an investment. Which I guess I kind of answered my own question
[twothumb]

I REFUSE to put just any cheap setup on my car just to be able to say that I have "coils" on it! [nono] (I'd rather stay 'bouncy' stock at that point! ;) )

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yet because there is an awesome Japanese Spring company named Swift its not a bad way to to go. The other spring company that is better than Eibach happens to be Hyperco.
The only two spring companies I would even consider using, whether on a coil over setup or strut/damper and spring setup. [thumb]

I'm not shopping for B8s for my Fiesta. But wanted to add that I've been waiting for about a year now for a B12 kit for a different car. Reordered it 3 times from different sellers. Every 2 months it gets backordered another 2 months [scream]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I totally see why yellows work for some people. But it would be overkill for me. Especially now that I've used the koni oranges and I'm happy with them. I dont feel any need to adjust them, especially knowing that they are are on the soft side of the yellows. As a daily driver/road warrior these are just fine for me...and they are much cheaper than the yellows. Not putting the yellows down at all, I see their purpose. But they are only slightly less as much of an overkill for me as a set of coilovers.

I was considering the B8's because I wanted to drop my FiST and heard many good things about them, but now I'm starting to reconsider that and keep it at stock height for now.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

B8/Swift Combo vs B14. Which would you choose and why?
I did choose B8 and Swift. Because cheaper, and less small important things to destroy during winter/gravel backroad rips. If I’d gone with a “coilover” setup, I’d have gone with KW V1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

KKaWing

B8/Swift Combo vs B14. Which would you choose and why?
B8/Swift if I had to pick. Mainly due to heavy brine usage in winter (salt napalm). B14 is a very close second, and very tempting honestly with the 5K/3K-ish spring rates. Nothing a big blast of lithium grease wouldn't help (just don't get it on the brakes).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I did choose B8 and Swift. Because cheaper, and less small important things to destroy during winter/gravel backroad rips. If I’d gone with a “coilover” setup, I’d have gone with KW V1s.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni
PLUS; the B14s are only available with progressive rate springs, which they are purposely/specifically valved for, so one cannot just change them out for even slightly higher rate, linear rate coil over sized springs (from; Swift, Hyperco, Eibach, Afco, etc.), and expect them to match the valving plots of those dampers, at all. [:(]

Moot points anyway, since BOTH the B8s, and B14s are on INDEFINITE worldwide back order, it seems.