Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

I used the B6 out of fear the shorter shock may cause rubbing on 215/40/17.

Here is a pic on the B6 front on Swift for compare. Using small bic not large bic.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is there ANY actual valving difference between the B6es and the B8s, or is it solely the length of the dampers/spring height difference use, which is the difference between the two? [dunno]

Is there ANY actual valving difference between the B6es and the B8s, or is it solely the length of the dampers/spring height difference use, which is the difference between the two? [dunno]
I spoke with Bilstein support and was told that the valving on the B6 and B8 are identical. If the springs you are installing will result in a greater than 1.3 drop use the B8's.

Its just the shaft length that makes up the difference between the two (this is according to a bilstein rep). If you swap one damper with the other but keep the same spring you should not see any difference in ride height. The shorter shaft length on the B8 simply recenters your shock nominal position when you lower the ride height of the car to a noticeable extent. This serves to protect your shocks from bottoming out in full compression. Oppositely, if you run B8s with stock springs your run the risk of bottoming out in free extension. If your drop is somewhere in the middle (like a mild drop say 15mm) you're probably fine with either. Definitely bad idea to run B8s with stock springs. Or B6s with with more than a 30mm drop.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
THANK YOU to LanT5, and speed_easy above. [thumb]

Now I will call Bilstein Tech myself, and ask about the max suggested spring rates for the B6/B8, and also what the spring rate range is for the B14s, and if different aftermarket higher LINEAR rate springs than what they supply with the B14s can be used on them.

It's a shame they do not offer one of their separate/independent rebound and compression adjustable, Clubsport kits for our ride, but even if they did, it would probably run $6K or so. [:(]

Last edited:

KKaWing

There's always KW clubsports. They showed off a set on the blog so they have the schematics and everything. Just need to fork the dough to have them make a custom set.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
There's always KW clubsports. They showed off a set on the blog so they have the schematics and everything. Just need to fork the dough to have them make a custom set.
I was also wondering if the full alloy threaded body, compression and rebound adjustable Koni racing dampers could be modded/fabbed/adapted into our platform at all. [dunno]

KKaWing

So after doing a tire rotation I found that I needed to get new dampers because the stock front left was blown/leaking, I had been running Mountune springs for over a year. So I decided to go with the B8s at the beginning of the month, just a daily driver. Got the fronts but the rears were on national back order, supposedly being available by end of February, mid March. So I went for it and could wait 6 weeks or so. I checked in to see what the latest status was late last week and found out that now the expected due date is mid to late May!!! Sooo...now what? I have the fronts but no backs still. I don't want to go the Koni yellow route, price is double and I don't feel I need the adjustable valving, had them on a 1 series before with Swift springs. I guess I could just install the fronts and wait on the rears...grrrr...

So after doing a tire rotation I found that I needed to get new dampers because the stock front left was blown/leaking, I had been running Mountune springs for over a year. So I decided to go with the B8s at the beginning of the month, just a daily driver. Got the fronts but the rears were on national back order, supposedly being available by end of February, mid March. So I went for it and could wait 6 weeks or so. I checked in to see what the latest status was late last week and found out that now the expected due date is mid to late May!!! Sooo...now what? I have the fronts but no backs still. I don't want to go the Koni yellow route, price is double and I don't feel I need the adjustable valving, had them on a 1 series before with Swift springs. I guess I could just install the fronts and wait on the rears...grrrr...
Did you order the rears from AJ USA? I have been waiting as well, since december, and the last time I spoke to them I was told March. First I've heard of it being pushed back to May now.

Did you order the rears from AJ USA? I have been waiting as well, since december, and the last time I spoke to them I was told March. First I've heard of it being pushed back to May now.
Yes I did. Took advantage of a sale they had going on, great price. I sent them an email on Thursday to check status and got a reply back on Friday 2/23. "Thank you for your continued patience...latest information we have received is that it is estimated to be available between mid to late May." Soooo...we wait...

Yes I did. Took advantage of a sale they had going on, great price. I sent them an email on Thursday to check status and got a reply back on Friday 2/23. "Thank you for your continued patience...latest information we have received is that it is estimated to be available between mid to late May." Soooo...we wait...
Lame......... Thanks for the update.

Ahh man, thats no good, I have the fronts on but the rears still stock which isnt too bad, but was hoping they would ship before mid spring :/ In the same boat tho.

Wow...hope there's enough to go around once, when ever, they do come in...

Also wondering why there are plenty of fronts but not rears to match???

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Maybe more owners just go for the back dampers, since they are much easier/quicker to install, with no spring compressor necessary, and hear all of the claims that the rear dampers have more of a positive correction of the much hated 'bounciness' of our factory suspensions? [dunno]

These shortages will probably push me into the Koni Sports, which I kind of prefer anyway, since the front B8s are (I think?) monotube for the fronts anyway.

^^^Maybe more owners just go for the back dampers, since they are much easier/quicker to install, with no spring compressor necessary, and hear all of the claims that the rear dampers have more of a positive correction of the much hated 'bounciness' of our factory suspensions? [dunno]

These shortages will probably push me into the Koni Sports, which I kind of prefer anyway, since the front B8s are (I think?) monotube for the fronts anyway.
Yeah I have the B8/mountune combo sitting out in the garage waiting to go on, except for the rear shocks. Strongly thinking of throwing what I have on CL or something and going a different route now. I generally like Bilstein products, but having a good product doesn't mean much if you are unable to supply them in a reasonable frame of time. I've run into this same thing with other applications from Bilstein in the past.

The rears would be more generic in fitment, which would likely fit far more vehicles than the fronts. I’m guessing, but we should blame the Mini and Fiat people for the shortage...

Though, I’ve a set sitting on my dining room table...

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni