Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

I too have the b8 for the fronts and am waiting on the rear. I was going to wait to install both at the same time, but am going to go ahead and install the springs and front struts. I got the rear springs in today and have a quick question. On the drivers side, everything lined up with the spring and perches as they should. On th passenger side though, the upper perch is alingned as it should be but the lower portion of the spring isint lined up exactly with the lower arrow. Is this normal? There is no way for me to have both aligned, I tried rotating the spring etc and no luck. Any help would be appreciated

I wouldn't hold your breath on these. Apparently Bilstein is telling their distributors sometime in May for the rear shocks. I've gone through this on other vehicles with Bilstein before, so I really wouldn't be surprised if May rolls around and they come back and say another few months.

I decided that I didn't want to wait for the rear shocks anymore and installed the B8 fronts and mountune springs. Initial drop measured out to 3/4" on the front. The rear actually lifted by 1/4". I did use the powerflex spring insulators on the rear and noticed that they were far less squishy than the OEM insulators with 2k miles on them. I'll give it some time, hopefully the rear settles out.

Attachments

I decided that I didn't want to wait for the rear shocks anymore and installed the B8 fronts and mountune springs. Initial drop measured out to 3/4" on the front. The rear actually lifted by 1/4". I did use the powerflex spring insulators on the rear and noticed that they were far less squishy than the OEM insulators with 2k miles on them. I'll give it some time, hopefully the rear settles out.
Yeah I'm right there with you, still waiting on the rears myself. Had a shop do the springs and struts, I do like it quite a bit. Just wish I had the rears in already.

[MENTION=9544]Dirttwurk[/MENTION] Swift Spec R's, same as the front. They're working rather well even with the stock rear shocks, which is surprising because I'm at about 55k on the stock stuff.

anticon

I just bought a used set of Bilstein B8's and Swift Spec-R's. The front B8's come with the top mounts. I am going to be swapping these out for my stock 2017 setup. I was wondering is there anything else I should swap out at the time of install or any other parts I need to complete the install? It could be performance, maintenance , or just installation ease related. Any advice is appreciated. The seller says "The only thing to swap over is the 3 per side top hat nuts that go through the front shock towers."

Check your rear upper spring isolators. If they’re oem, depending on mileage, they may be a little run down. They’re like $5 each side so I just swapped them to be safe.

To everyone involved in the eternal B8 rear shock backorder, or considering ordering bilstein shocks....

I followed up with AJUSA today on my backorder. They got in contact with Bilstein and were told that these things are now expected to be on B/O until late August. The order I am referring to was placed in December.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Koni. Or one of the many height adjustable setups.
You can probably dial the Koni Sport's rebound adjustment into tune with the set rebound of the front B8s without too much effort.

I have no idea of just how different their set compression settings are though. [dunno]

I am just going to go with the Sports front and back, as the B8s are twin tube anyway (correct? I know the B14s are), I WANT the rebound adjustment, any Bilstein HDs I've ever owned raised the car UP in ride height given the same spring height, and I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with the Konis as far as longevity, durability, and even in the rare case of something going wrong, their customer service. [wink]

You can probably dial the Koni Sport's rebound adjustment into tune with the set rebound of the front B8s without too much effort.

I have no idea of just how different their set compression settings are though. [dunno]

I am just going to go with the Sports front and back, as the B8s are twin tube anyway (correct? I know the B14s are), I WANT the rebound adjustment, any Bilstein HDs I've ever owned raised the car UP in ride height given the same spring height, and I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with the Konis as far as longevity, durability, and even in the rare case of something going wrong, their customer service. [wink]
Yeah, you can probably get them pretty close. Koni shocks have a long standing good rep, most are also rebuildable.

I had a set in my 89' mustang, they were quality units. I found them to be a bit harsh in that application though, it was my DD for a while. I played around with the adjustments at first. Once I dialed them in, I never touched them again. I did the same thing with the Tokicos in my boss. Eventually went to bilsteins on the 89', as
I was trying to take some of the harshness out of the ride. Incidentally I had the same long lead time backorder issue with Bilstein then.

Apparently Bilstein has never heard of JIT manufacturing.

koozy

3000 Post Club
When I was looking for the B8 before they were available in the U.S. you could order them from overseas, Italy, Spain, Germany. Just saying... in case no one has explored beyond the U.S continent.

To everyone involved in the eternal B8 rear shock backorder, or considering ordering bilstein shocks....

I followed up with AJUSA today on my backorder. They got in contact with Bilstein and were told that these things are now expected to be on B/O until late August. The order I am referring to was placed in December.
Funny. I placed an order January 2nd. I asked them yesterday about the backorder and they told me that mine are scheduled mid to late july. I asked them if this was normal for Bilstein to have over a half a year to fulfill orders and I have been told February then April. They then asked if I had an order. I gave them my order number and they said that I am still scheduled for May delivery. I then said "well is it July or May?" To which they replied that it is between May and July and that they have talked to the head people at Bilstein and they haven't heard anything definitive. How is this even good business practice for both AJUSA and Bilstein. I am beyond frustrated. I can handle a backorder of a few months with a definitive deadline, but the deadline keeps getting pushed every time I ask them. First it was February, then April, now May-August. I am close to calling it quits.

I installed my front ones and currently just running koni str.t in the rear as a hold over. Setup works and rides great so far with swift springs. So while I’m not thrilled that it keeps getting pushed back, it’s far better than being stuck with oem in the rear

I installed my front ones and currently just running koni str.t in the rear as a hold over. Setup works and rides great so far with swift springs. So while I’m not thrilled that it keeps getting pushed back, it’s far better than being stuck with oem in the rear
I did the same. The front B8s are installed, but to throw anymore money toward the rear shocks I might as well just pay the difference for the Koni Yellow. I really did not want to mess with adjusting the rear, which is why I went with the B8. I just hit 89K on my stock rears...I need replacements. I have already contacted AJUSA for a refund. Bilstein will not be getting anymore business from me.