Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

NEW Bilstein B8 Performance Plus Dampers w/Mountune Sport Springs

I ordered the Swifts and B6 however it appears the B6/B8 Rear are on backorder. I have the fronts but no dice on the rear.

KKaWing

I ordered the Swifts and B6 however it appears the B6/B8 Rear are on backorder. I have the fronts but no dice on the rear.
You could get new bearings and stuff and assemble the fronts before hand :p The rears are separate shock and springs anyways so you could probably get away with using the stock shocks for now as long as you're mindful of them when driving.

For those that run the Bilstein B8 with Mountune springs, did you reuse the stock bumpstops on the front? Did you trim them at all?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
For those that run the Bilstein B8 with Mountune springs, did you reuse the stock bumpstops on the front? Did you trim them at all?
Not sure if it was mentioned in this thread or another one but some trimmed while others didn't. I think a couple may have used an aftermarket bumpstop.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

I’m using B8’s with swift spec r springs and used new OEM un-trimmed bump stops

For those with the B8s where are you buying from? Mountune has a full set on sale right now for $469. That seems like a good deal? Thanks

For those with the B8s where are you buying from? Mountune has a full set on sale right now for $469. That seems like a good deal? Thanks
Whoosh has them for very close to the same price when you use the fist5 discount code. So far from the limited driving I've done on my front ones, I like them and think they're a great upgrade. However, the rears are on back-order nation wide including Mountune (I called to confirm). I tried just about every site that I could and got random expected stock dates from late January to Mid-March.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Is that after taxes?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Has anyone observed their car riding higher with the B8's vs stock? I have been using Swift Springs on my stock struts for about a year and just replaced my rears with B8's and now it is sitting a 1/2 inch higher. Nothing else was replaced and my spring isolator was in good shape still. My stock struts seem to be in decent shape (no leaking) and only had 10,000 miles on them.

I was surprised how much the ride quality was improved with just replacing the rear shocks, very happy with the ride now.

Has anyone observed their car riding higher with the B8's vs stock? I have been using Swift Springs on my stock struts for about a year and just replaced my rears with B8's and now it is sitting a 1/2 inch higher. Nothing else was replaced and my spring isolator was in good shape still. My stock struts seem to be in decent shape (no leaking) and only had 10,000 miles on them.

I was surprised how much the ride quality was improved with just replacing the rear shocks, very happy with the ride now.
Did not experience this with the front.

Side note, when/where did you order your rear B8's from?

Did not experience this with the front.

Side note, when/where did you order your rear B8's from?
I picked up a full set from [MENTION=6197]eddietorr[/MENTION] secondhand. Sorry for the bad news!

A quick search found some other car forums discussing increased ride height from Billsteins and most equated it to blown stock shocks or the higher pressure in the Billsteins (which you could definitely tell compressing them side to side with stock).

I picked up a full set from [MENTION=6197]eddietorr[/MENTION] secondhand. Sorry for the bad news!

A quick search found some other car forums discussing increased ride height from Billsteins and most equated it to blown stock shocks or the higher pressure in the Billsteins (which you could definitely tell compressing them side to side with stock).
Gotcha, I think I had inquired about the B8's he had for sale, but I already had fronts and just didn't make financial sense to ship the whole set across the country... if they could come in stock that would be great!

I obviously won't have any valuable input on increased height till I get my hands on some, but as soon as available I will be doing so!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

When I installed the Bilstein HDs on my factory springs (I did not want to risk lowering the car since I worked on EVERY SCCA Pro Rally I could get to at the time, and had to get down some VERY rough stage roads) in my '89 A2 16V GTI, they definitely raised the ride height over the factory struts/dampers by at least a quarter to a half inch, if not more.

The factory (Sachs?) dampers were less than two years old (bought and owned this car from new), and definitely were NOT blown out or leaking at all at that time.

The Koni Sports I installed on my '83 A1 GTI with the factory springs before this did NOT raise the car AT ALL over the factory ride height.

So the B8's are designed for lowering springs vs B6's are for stock height? But it seems the B8's raise ride hieght up to a 1/2" ?? ^ I was interested in getting these with some H&R springs but not really willing to offset any of the lowness the springs provide- as that is the reason I want the H&R. Damn- I thought I had my suspension plan mapped out till I read that. I realize most are going the Swift route, but I guess I want my cake and eat it too( low& upgraded handling) So with that in mind what dampers would go best with H&R springs?

So the B8's are designed for lowering springs vs B6's are for stock height? But it seems the B8's raise ride hieght up to a 1/2" ?? ^ I was interested in getting these with some H&R springs but not really willing to offset any of the lowness the springs provide- as that is the reason I want the H&R. Damn- I thought I had my suspension plan mapped out till I read that. I realize most are going the Swift route, but I guess I want my cake and eat it too( low& upgraded handling) So with that in mind what dampers would go best with H&R springs?
Your only other option would be Koni sports. You could run the STR.T, but many are saying they cause front end float.

I’m running B8’s and Swift’s and it dropped quite a bit, ride is better than stock on my 16 model year. I thinking about B6’s with Swift’s for a more compliant ride. There’s not many decent corners round here

KKaWing

B8's are shorter so it holds the springs better. Bilstein recommends them for springs that lower more than 30mm or basically a hair under 1.2 inches. Monotube shocks will raise the car a bit because of the way higher gas pressures. The Bilstein kit for the FiST is a bit weird because the rears are monotube while the fronts are twin tubes, so the fronts aren't as high pressured. Turn the fronts upside down, you can hear the shock oil sloshing around ^_^;

B8's are shorter so it holds the springs better. Bilstein recommends them for springs that lower more than 30mm or basically a hair under 1.2 inches. Monotube shocks will raise the car a bit because of the way higher gas pressures. The Bilstein kit for the FiST is a bit weird because the rears are monotube while the fronts are twin tubes, so the fronts aren't as high pressured. Turn the fronts upside down, you can hear the shock oil sloshing around ^_^;
Interesting - I am wondering if I need to be using B6's then with the Swift Springs that provide a 1.0" drop. I initially contacted Swift a while back and they recommended B6's but the general census on the forums was B8's should be used with lowering springs. I am enjoying the ride quality but the height is starting to bother me. If the fronts don't effect the ride height maybe I will switch out the rears for B6's once they are back in stock.