Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

212whp / 277wtq / 2JR Catback / Downpipe / Cowl Induct Intake

Trader history for joe@2j-racing (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
So... You guys are saying to run Joe's race intake, the wiper hardware has to go? Lol... That is a problem, lol.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Would I be able to use cobbs stage 2 tune with this setup but instead with cobbs intake and stock fmic?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Would I be able to use cobbs stage 2 tune with this setup but instead with cobbs intake and stock fmic?
You could probably use just about anything and be OK since we aren't maf tuned. Ive got stage 3 bolt oms with the stage 1 tune and I haven't had any problems.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Is it because our ecu automatically adjusts air fuel ratio when it feels more flow of air going through the car? Maybe thats why your not reaching max boost because @19psi youve reached your target hp and torque?
Correct me if im wrong?

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Is it because our ecu automatically adjusts air fuel ratio when it feels more flow of air going through the car? Maybe thats why your not reaching max boost because @19psi youve reached your target hp and torque?
Correct me if im wrong?
Ya I've thought about that as well. It would make sense. Maybe the ecu reduces boost when it senses greater than normal amounts of air going through. I dunno, I've always kinda sucked at the whole tuning thing lol

How did you plug in the sensor on the intake pipe if it is all the way on the right side of engine bay, with race intake on the back left??

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
We've hinted at our cowl induction intake and this weekend we took it to the track to test it under severe conditions. Lap after lap, the intake temps never rose above the ambient temps, even after 30mins at full throttle. Very impressive considering the simplicity of the intake.

Prior to heading out, we worked on the Cobb Tune via our pro tuner software. We were able to put down consistent 275-277 torque and 210-212 hp at the wheels. Excellent results with only an intake and exhaust.

At the track we jumped out ahead of all the FRS/BRZs and E36 M3s, except one. We lost by less than 8 thousands of a second - falling to 2nd place (#72).

All in all, great weekend!
Hey Joe...

Looks like you guys were off to a great start here!

Are you still planning on offering a cowl induction intake?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Hey Joe...

Looks like you guys were off to a great start here!

Are you still planning on offering a cowl induction intake?
I payed them of one, but he ended up returning my money. Too many things cooking i recken. I was looking forward to it. Its been on my "to do" list for about 4 months, lol.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I payed them of one, but he ended up returning my money. Too many things cooking i recken. I was looking forward to it. Its been on my "to do" list for about 4 months, lol.
thanks for the update....that's disappointing to hear...He hasn't been on here for a while...hope he hasn't lost interest in the FiST entirely...

I just spoke with him personally the other day to ask him about brake pads. He still seems to be running his fiesta, he's probably busy with other projects.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
He may have fallen off the grid.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
He pops up on the Atlanta ST FBook page every now and then but ya OTG

Status
Not open for further replies.