Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tial bov questions

Hey everyone, I just installed a cp-e cold side pipe w/the tial bov flange. I was running a turbosmart shorty but wanted to change things on my car. I went with the 8lbs spring but the bov seems open and close very quickly and hardly makes a sound just cruising around. I really only hear the bov when I'm at or almost wot. Is the spring too stiff? Is this normal for anyone else running this tial bov. I'm wondering if I should get a softer spring. Any feedback would be great. Thanks everyone.

OP
D
Thread Starter #2
Nobody? What psi spring are people running on their fiestas? Should the bov be open or closed at idle?

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
What's your vaccum at idle once everything is warmed up? You need to check this chart and choose your spring accordingly.

http://www.tialsport.com/documents/w3_tial_qqr_sp.pdf

Also check that you have a good vaccum signal with a good 1/4" hose.
Highest I've seen it go is -12.3 psi but normally it's around -10 to -11 psi warmed up.

Ok so it means that youre at about 20 in hg. So you should buy the yellow spring according to the chart.

Be careful when unbolting the allen screws. Keep two opposing screws bolted, unbolt completely the others and then unbolt gradually the remaining two and keep a GOOD pressure on the cap. If you have a vise it would be the best. The springs in these BOV are stiff ;)