Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tirerack.com clearance on 215/45/17 tires $86 each

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...7ECDWSXL&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Just wanted to share this with everyone. Its the next size up from our OEM tires but I've seem many threads that these will fit on our factory suspension. I ordered a set all around.

If anyone wants to factory tires with about 1600 miles on them they will be available in a week or so.

Zissou

These are Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires, to save a click for anyone else curious.

They are an all season, so they won't perform as well as our OEM Bridgestone RE050a tires.
That being said, I ran those DWS's on my Mini and they were great for an all season.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
If you're not lowered, this is a great tire SIZE to go with. I know nothing of the tires... although I did just buy some Continental Extreme Contact DW tires in 225/45R17 that were also on sale. Can't wait!

I ran these on my last car, and completely loved them. A great all around tire and winter tire for climates that don't need a full snow/ice tire.

However the sidewalls on this tire are very soft. I recommend running a higher than normal PSI, you will get better responsiveness and minimize running on the sidewall as much. The new version of this tire (06) addresses this.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
I ran these on my last car, and completely loved them. A great all around tire and winter tire for climates that don't need a full snow/ice tire.

However the sidewalls on this tire are very soft. I recommend running a higher than normal PSI, you will get better responsiveness and minimize running on the sidewall as much. The new version of this tire (06) addresses this.
Sidewall on these are a bit softer but I personally think this car needs it on the street. The new DWS06 has a stiffer sidewall now. I ran these tires on my C5 Z06 and was able to plow snow with my front bumper.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Who is going to install them for you?

I'm having a hard time finding a good, reputable, high performance tire shop in our area to do an accurate road force balancing job.

I was using Motion Tire in Ottsville for my Z28 install needs.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
I have a buddy do it for me but Creamery Tire is the place Id use if I didnt have my friend.

I have a buddy do it for me but Creamery Tire is the place Id use if I didnt have my friend.
I like Creamery Tire - when I first went there, I was a little perturbed when there was a parking lot full of old trucks, and I looked inside the fitting bays, and there seemed to be a bunch of deadbrains walking about, but I've now been to them half a dozen times and never had a scratched wheel or a balancing problem. I've used them with tires I have bought online, and bought off them also - their prices are good. Need to get there early and join the line before they open on a weekday morning to avoid long waits.

Who is going to install them for you?

I'm having a hard time finding a good, reputable, high performance tire shop in our area to do an accurate road force balancing job.

I was using Motion Tire in Ottsville for my Z28 install needs.

I use a local speed shop. The owner is an instructor at HPDEs and while he isn't able to force balance, I trust his shop to balance a tire more than any shop that relies on technology over quality technicians. Its not the tool, its the tech IMO.