Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Denso Spark Plug Issue?

So hopefully somebody can help me with this head scratcher. I've tried to install 2 separate sets of denso step colder plugs(bought from 2 separate company's) gapped at .28 and get a dead miss. Haven't been able to throw a scanner and see which is missing. Anything come to mind? Also stock plugs in and runs fine.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
So hopefully somebody can help me with this head scratcher. I've tried to install 2 separate sets of denso step colder plugs(bought from 2 separate company's) gapped at .28 and get a dead miss. Haven't been able to throw a scanner and see which is missing. Anything come to mind? Also stock plugs in and runs fine.
I've been meaning to buy some.
Exactly which ones are you buying ?
Where did you get the damaged ones ?

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Neither set is damaged, no cracks or anything, 1 set from DHM, another from Tune +. Its just weird, only thing i can think of is a weak coil. Will be throwing on a scanner today or tomorrow so i can see which cylinder is missing and trying swapping the coil. Anybody have any other thoughts? Denso ITV22 product code #5340 btw.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
Neither set is damaged, no cracks or anything, 1 set from DHM, another from Tune +. Its just weird, only thing i can think of is a weak coil. Will be throwing on a scanner today or tomorrow so i can see which cylinder is missing and trying swapping the coil. Anybody have any other thoughts? Denso ITV22 product code #5340 btw.
If you end up thinking it's a coil, and your willing to pay shipping from me to you and then you to back to me, I'd be happy to loan you a coil to test it.
Not sure how much OEM coils cost. Could be more cost effective to just buy one, IDK. But if you end up needing one and don't mind paying the shipping both ways, I'd be happy to help. ( don't see no U.K. Companies offering customer service like that, do you? )

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I changed my plugs today. Got the plugs for $30 on eBay. Went to gap them, they were all at .027 other than 1 that was .029

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk