Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by IronMaiden View Post
    It has the most torque steer of any FWD car I've driven. You guys can downplay the torque all you want because we "own an ST and we think it's a great car", but we're not addressing the problem if we refuse to admit it exists, as it does. How do we get rid of it, or at least dampen it?
    Seriously I come from the RWD world. Have driven many FWD cars as well though. You think the FiST has a lot of Torque steer? Hahahaha go drive a FoST, compared to a FoST a FiST has negligible torque steer. Also drive some other FWD cars with power.

One of the reasons I like the FiST is the negligible if any torque steer.
    Of course like people have noted a lot of times with Higher output FWD engines it can increase . It is indeed also affected by the power band of the engine like Hijinx observed

. There are a lot of dynamics in a FWD that can detract or contribute to this and I do feel Ford of Germany did a great job of tuning the dynamics of the car to get around it.
    Also the smaller displacement of the engine made it easier to control as small displacement engines tend to produce less low end TQ and usually higher in the rev band. The FoST is a larger displacement engine. There is a reason that in drag racing the phrase there is no replacement for displacement. I.E. More engine more HP and TQ.

Member 30 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    stpaul/mpls
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the torque steer in my x37 car is not as discerning as the feeling of loosing traction at the top of each gear right before shifting. boyracer

Member 29 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Fontana
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anybody who says this car has little to no TQ steer obviously don't know. It's the worst car I've ever driven with TQ steer.

I come from RWD also and it's unsafe how hard this car yanks

Member 133 Rep Points FearTheSnail's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    North West
    State
    MT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexwlwsn View Post
    Speaking of MazdaSpeed torque steer.... (fun starts at about 40s)

I gotta say my FiST doesn't have bad torque steer at all. I have been caught with the steering wheel pulling me a little when I'm coming out of a corner but it's nowhere near my old MS3. If there was anyone near me on the street a lot of times I didn't feel too comfortable doing a full pull. I haven't driven a big power Fiesta but I feel even comparing stock vs. stock the Ford does much better keeping you in control.
    Interesting you say this. When I used to have a MS3, any time you did a pull it would throw the car all over the road with any little crack or anything the car met in the road. I don't experience this with the FiST nearly in the same way.
    1/4 Mile Time: 11.739@119.8mph

Senior Member 695 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also came directly from a torquey RWD into this car (with a 4 month break of not driving anything at all), and although I notice a little bit of torque steer in the stock power FiST, it is not nearly overwhelming. ;)
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 279 Rep Points pelotonracer2's Avatar

Medals
    City
    NRH
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledEgg View Post
    I think anybody who says this car has little to no TQ steer obviously don't know. It's the worst car I've ever driven with TQ steer.

I'm guessing you've never driven a 2nd generation Mazdaspeed 3? The old Sunbird GTs had the worst torque steer I've ever felt, but that was back in 1986 lol
    2014 Ingot Silver Fiesta ST: Cobb AccessPort V3, Tune+ 93/E30 maps, Cobb exhaust, Cobb DP, Cobb I/C, Cobb charge pipes, Cobb intake, NGK spark plugs, FSWERKs qs kit, Cobb RMM, Cobb springs, Cobb roll bars, 17 x 8 ROTA Titan wheels, 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza ZII, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors, gel Ford badges, Mustang GT shift knob, EcoBeast badge, Maxton Design hood vents, wing extension, side skirts, front spoiler and rear splitters, euro headlights w/LEDs, Sylvania ZXE bulbs H7s, Velossa big mouth and rear diffusers

New Member 5 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledEgg View Post

This I feel is a grossly exaggerated statement again I point you to the FoST as it has ten times worse torque steer. I have driven both cars and many FWD and RWD cars . I have owned NA FWD cars that have more torque steer than a FiST. Is this like your second car? How much driving experience do you actually have.

Perhaps you have not really driven any cars with really bad torque steer? As you say you came from RWD and maybe RWD was your first car.

Senior Member 279 Rep Points pelotonracer2's Avatar

Medals
    City
    NRH
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    I also came directly from a torquey RWD into this car (with a 4 month break of not driving anything at all), and although I notice a little bit of torque steer in the stock power FiST, it is not nearly overwhelming. ;)
    Imagine me jumping from a 325pft front wheel drive car to a 700pft rear wheel drive car every day. The Fiesta is pretty tame as far as manners, especially with a good RMM
    2014 Ingot Silver Fiesta ST: Cobb AccessPort V3, Tune+ 93/E30 maps, Cobb exhaust, Cobb DP, Cobb I/C, Cobb charge pipes, Cobb intake, NGK spark plugs, FSWERKs qs kit, Cobb RMM, Cobb springs, Cobb roll bars, 17 x 8 ROTA Titan wheels, 215/40-17 Dunlop Direzza ZII, R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors, gel Ford badges, Mustang GT shift knob, EcoBeast badge, Maxton Design hood vents, wing extension, side skirts, front spoiler and rear splitters, euro headlights w/LEDs, Sylvania ZXE bulbs H7s, Velossa big mouth and rear diffusers

Member 29 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Fontana
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much driving experience lol

Won't even waste my time. The TQ steer is unsafe. My 350 made 100 more HP and TQ to the wheels and I can gun it with my eyes close and it would track straight

Old turbo Hondas have less then this car. Only car I'd say is close is a SRT-4 Neon, these cars are pretty comparable from TQ steer standards.

My driving experience? Haha my Z probably saw more track time then your car will ever get. Don't jump on somebody's throat just cause you don't agree. Chill

New Member 9 Rep Points alexwlwsn's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Columbia
    State
    MD
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by FearTheSnail View Post
    Interesting you say this. When I used to have a MS3, any time you did a pull it would throw the car all over the road with any little crack or anything the car met in the road. I don't experience this with the FiST nearly in the same way.
    This was even made worse with my Nitto NT01 tires. I experienced, and heard from other people that they're exceptionally darty when doing straight line pulls. If I kept that MS3 for another season I was going to try something like an M&H radial but I just got tired of the car.
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST with all teh options
    2008 MazdaSpeed3 @ 590whp and none of the comfort

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast