Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Major Services?

What intervals are the "major" services on the ST and what is the approximate cost? For example on my 2007 VW Rabbit, the 40k was the first big one at about $500. They check many items, replace the spark plugs, filters, etc... some deem it unneccessary while others swear by it. I'm just trying to plan, as i think I am purchasing a FiST today.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
You can go to the Ford Owner page and go to the maintenance area and check by mileage intervals.

https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/maintenance-schedule.html#/details

Rotate and inspect tires; check wheel end play and turning noise
MEMO: Gas engine; Up to 5.0 quarts of oil
Change engine oil and replace oil filter when indicated on vehicle message center or every 12 months, whichever occurs first
Inspect cooling system and hoses
Inspect complete exhaust system and heat shields
Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system
Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints
Perform multi-point inspection

Change engine oil and replace oil filter when indicated on vehicle message center or every 12 months, whichever occurs first
Replace cabin air filter, if equipped
Inspect brake pads/shoes/rotors/drums, brake lines and hoses, and parking brake system
Inspect and lubricate all non-sealed steering linkage,ball joints,suspension joints,half and drive-shafts and u-joints

Replace engine air filter

Replace platinum spark plugs
Inspect accessory drive belt(s)
Change orange coolant

Replace oil pump drive belt

Replace Timing Belt
Change orange coolant
Change automatic transmission fluid
Replace accessory drive belts (if not replaced within last 100,000 miles)

So some points here are:
- Replace cabin filter every 20,000
- Replace engine air filter every 30,000
- Replace spark plugs every 100,000
- Replace coolant every 100,000
- Replace timing belt at 150,000
- Replace drive belts at 150,000
- Replace coolant (again?) at 150,000

I'm surprised I don't see any notes about manual transmission fluid.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Ford may consider the MTF a "fill for life", but I DO NOT, especially with the thin DCT stuff they install at the factory.

In fact, I am going to change it out @ ~3K miles, as much to get the initial wear 'fines' out of it, as to replace sheared-out fluid. [wink]

I will also change the spark plugs (every 15K miles), coolant (every 2 years/30K miles), and especially the air filter (every 10K miles or less) MUCH more often than stated in the manual.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I just had my 30k service done last month. To be honest though in hindsight, all of the maintenance that I've had to do so far up to now has been fairly easy to do on your own. As you can see above, for the 30k service, most of it is really just inspecting. The most difficult is probably the cabin filter but really it is just annoying since the location is kind of hard to get to comfortably. The rest are pretty basic...fluid change or filter changes.

The 30k service at the dealer was less than $200. The inspections are good for peace of mind but all of the other services prior and up to I'd say you could easily do yourself and save some money.

As others have said though, I'd also recommend changing your fluids (and perhaps your filters also as needed) at shorter intervals.

OP
Z
Thread Starter #6
I cannot answer your question, but you can have my ultimate cup of coffee when you pry it from my cold dead hands!

I <3 Ziltoid and DTP.
Best show I've ever been to! (Back in November I think). I had dinner with his video guy, Zim.

Thanks for the info fellas! I'm stoked to finally have this car! My first non-VW in almost 20 years!