Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Vancouver

Jochi

I've had my shadow black bean for just over a month now, and it's been a blast so far. I'm coming from a 2004 Saab 9-3 Aero that become too much of a money pit with age. I was worried because the FiST did not get off on a good note. I started reading this forum to see why my climate control was erratic. It was really helpful even though the suggested SMM service bulletin didn't work for my car. It was out of commission for 2 weeks diagnosing the problem... a new HVAC module later, this car has been everything I hoped it would be. I love the rare sightings in and around Vancouver of other FiSTs... it's definitely more common to see Ferarris and lambos around Vancouver than it is to see another FiST.

Attachments

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard.

OP
J

Jochi

Thread Starter #10
Thanks everyone!

As for the license plate, it helps that my mother has an insurance business...

Is your car a 2017? I'm thinking about getting a FiST and am hoping that HVAC problems have been sorted out on 2017 models.

OP
J

Jochi

Thread Starter #14
I bought mine used... not sure why the previous owner didn't address the issue... it was pretty apparent there was something wrong after a couple days with the car. The fix seems to be a genuine solution... the climate control is working as it should, and I've tried my best to confuse it by opening the windows for a while, stopping the car and starting again after 5 minutes, cycling though temperatures back and forth...

What I find odd about the climate control is that there doesn't seem to be any way to manually control the temperature when the car is not in Auto mode. You can control the air flow and fan speed to your liking outside of auto mode, but the temperature of the air always seems to be automatically controlled...

I always set my temp to 22 degrees (auto or not), and how hot the air comes out is contingent on the interior temperature, not the temperature setting... so for example, the air will come out hotter when it's colder in the car even though auto setting is off. My natural assumption is think that if the auto setting is not engaged, it should act like a car that doesn't have climate control...meaning the temp of the air at 22 degrees with auto mode off should correspond to 1/3 as hot as it could be (1/3rd the way between low and high) It doesn't seem to be the case with this car.

My build date was 10/15...