Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thoughts on the 2018 Fiesta Headlights?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Since these headlights might be on the next Generation Fiesta ST, what do you guys think of them?

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Really like to new headlights...

Shame you won't be able to swap them with older generation Fiesta headlights as these new headlight assemblies on the next gen Fiesta have a very different / more rounded shape to them...

I bet you could do en entire front end swap. Fenders, headlights, hood and bumper.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
I bet you could do en entire front end swap. Fenders, headlights, hood and bumper.
I don't that's going to work either..

Look closer (pillar seam) and you can see that the next gen hood won't fit...

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
I don't that's going to work either..

Look closer (pillar seam) and you can see that the next gen hood won't fit...
How about if you swap out the hood, fenders, doors and rear quarter panels?[giggle]

Okay, so I didnt notice the pillar didn't match up. Lets not gang up on me here, Admins. [dunno]

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
Okay, so I didnt notice the pillar didn't match up. Lets not gang up on me here, Admins. [dunno]
Wasn't ganging up on you, just having a bit of fun.[drinking] I would be nice though if the headlights swap over.

When the new car was announced I was wondering what components, if any, would swap over. It'd be neat if the turbo was better and swapped over to our current gen Fiesta.

Still wish USDM came with those fantastic Euro projector lights with the LED DRLs. Seen some people swap them out but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Love the new Fiesta design. I love the DRLs.

I feel like our car is one that the first Gen will be the best and everything after will stray from the plot.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

I feel like our car is one that the first Gen will be the best and everything after will stray from the plot.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
That frequently seems to be the case, and the fact that they slightly softened the suspension for '16 models tells me the next gen will be softer overall. Best case scenario would be something like the transition from 1st gen miata to 2nd gen, where the 2nd was a little bigger/softer/more livable but 85% the same as the previous car.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Still wish USDM came with those fantastic Euro projector lights with the LED DRLs. Seen some people swap them out but I wouldn't even know where to start.

Love the new Fiesta design. I love the DRLs.
Let me help you with that. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...-headlight-bulbs-and-LED-running-light-wiring

It figures that the time I spent converting mine to the European headlights is trumped by these headlights being standard on the 2018 models. [rant]