Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

The fiST daily

Hey, what's up guys. I've been slowly plugging away at my Fiesta for 3 years now so i figured it's time to start a build thread. I've always been a VW guy and have owned lots of GTIs over the years but when it came time for a new car the Fiesta seemed to be the best choice.

Here's a few pics of my last 1.8t swapped mk1 GTI. I sold her to a friend last summer.

And the Fiesta when i first picked her up

First up was cx racing coilovers. I've had them on for something like 20k now and am still very happy with them

next I removed the Fiesta badge and moved the ST badge over to the passenger side

then installed boomba wing risers

A cat back exhaust was next on the list. I bought 8 feet of 2.5" piping, the U bend, a few v band flanges, the two bolt flange and a vibrant muffler. All made from 304ss.

I came up with this. I don't have a TIG machine so i tacked it together and had a friend weld it up for me.

Also picked up a MTC intercooler, intake tube, and a green drop in filter. The quality of the MTC stuff is great and so is the price. It seems like most of the parts I've bought for this car came over from the UK

I borrowed this ram air intake idea from someone on the forum. I can't remember who but thanks for the idea!

Then she got some love from a few no-pistons pieces

I din't like how low the shifter was so I made this extension out of 316ss

also picked up a cobb ap

here's a RMM insert I turned from 80a polyurethane. It did a good job of taking up the slack of the stock mount without too much added vibration

At this point I wanted some more power. I picked up a x-37, CNT downpipe, and bp racing charge pipe. I'd be weary of ordering from CNT. The quality of the downpipe was good but the flange diameter was off so i had to take it down some and open up the three bolt holes.

bp racing charge pipe fit well

With everything installed the car pulls like a train now. It's been tuned for both 93 and e30.

I then picked up a Rola roof rack so that i can carry my kayak. The quality is decent and it looks good. The bars are thin extruded aluminum and the bases are plastic so it's not the most heavy duty rack. But it works great for what i'm using it for.

And that's about it for now. She's got 35k miles on her now and I haven't really had too many issues other than the blend door going and I had to do the rear brakes around 22k. In the spring I'll install new front pads and rotors, possibly braided hoses and a brake fluid flush as well. I also have 205 40 17 federal 595 evos on order as well as this front splitter from Maxton design.

OP
D
Thread Starter #2
The splitter came in the mail and is ready to be installed, my federal evo 595 tires are mounted on stock wheels and also ready. And yesterday I drove 700 miles round trip to pick up a set of recaros :) I can't wait to get them cleaned up and installed.

Updates to come.

The splitter came in the mail and is ready to be installed, my federal evo 595 tires are mounted on stock wheels and also ready. And yesterday I drove 700 miles round trip to pick up a set of recaros :) I can't wait to get them cleaned up and installed.

Updates to come.
dog made its home in the back seat?

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Who knows what happened. I found them in a junkyard and only paid $600 for them. I've got a friend who owns a carpet cleaning company, he's going to steam clean them for me.

Was that bottom of the back seat bench from the same car as the back/headrests? The difference in wear between the two if they came from the same car is crazy.

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Yea they're all from the same car. They're not warn at all, Hardly broken in actually. Just dusty and dirty as hell from sitting in a junkyard. They'll clean up just fine.

OP
D
Thread Starter #9
I spent a few hours cleaning up the seats with meguires upholstery cleaner and a brush and they came out really good. I'll get more pics once I detail the rest of the car. She needs a good spring cleaning.

I am curious about your shift extension.

Wouldn't extending the shifter also extend the throw?

I am 6ft, and in order to fit into the cockpit, I have the seat pretty far back. As a consequence, my right elbow almost comes into contact with the armrest when shifting into 2/4/6. I use my fingertips to finish the throw in order to avoid such contact. If the throws were any longer, I'd be bumping my elbow all day, and probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

Do you encounter this phenomenon?

I am curious about your shift extension.

Wouldn't extending the shifter also extend the throw?

I am 6ft, and in order to fit into the cockpit, I have the seat pretty far back. As a consequence, my right elbow almost comes into contact with the armrest when shifting into 2/4/6. I use my fingertips to finish the throw in order to avoid such contact. If the throws were any longer, I'd be bumping my elbow all day, and probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

Do you encounter this phenomenon?
I'm 6'2" and have no issues shifting.

OP
D
Thread Starter #13
I'm using the fswerks short throw bracket as well so the shifts are reduced by 30%. But then again I'm 5'10" and have T. rex arms so no issues here hahaha. It's nice having the shifter closer to the steering wheel.

I too have the fswerks bracket. I am also 6'2" and don't have a problem shifting except when shifting into 2nd, sometimes, I will bump my elbow on the armrest.

I dig the shifter extension.

Awesome build you have going on. Thumbs up!!!!

OP
D
Thread Starter #15

I got my maxton splitter installed yesterday! It took a while to figure out and get the placement right but it looks good and is on there good. Might have to get adjustable tie rods to dial in the angle a little better. It angles up a few degrees as it sits now.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Would that splitter be WAY TOO flexible/vibrating if you tried to somehow install it without the tie rod supports?

This beast will be SUPER KILLER looking once those Recces are on it!! [twothumb]

OP
D
Thread Starter #20
Would that splitter be WAY TOO flexible/vibrating if you tried to somehow install it without the tie rod supports?

This beast will be SUPER KILLER looking once those Recces are on it!! [twothumb]
The splitter sticks out about 4" proud of the bumper and is only 1/4" thick. Without those tie rods it'll definitely flex and vibrate.

Not sure what recces are lol. But if you meant recaros, they're in already!