Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost drops - ECU caused?

The image here is a 3rd gear WOT run log with ESC off, 2500rpms to 6000rpms plot of the boost for a MP215 tune, Mountune intake box w/2nd feed, Mountune charge pipe and CP-e Intercooler. Stock exhaust and turbo, 93 octane gas. Curious why the big drops in boost, is that the ECU limiting power due to hitting torque targets? AFRs are 11.76 dropping to 11.46 at high RPMs.

I'm using the MTune for logging but havent figured out how to get any other parameters logged besides those on the MTune AP live logging screen/button. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

I'm no expert but it may be that the cpe intercooler is too big with the mp215 tune. That tune is set up for stock and mountune intercoolers. The cpe is much bigger which will take longer to fill up with air (boost pressure). Again this is just my 2 cents, for what it's worth.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
I'd just be surprised then that it didnt have a really slow build vs a fast ramp then drop and then increase and back and forth.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
I can only find these parameters on the mTune:

Time (sec)
ACT (? F)
ECT (? F)
Lambda (AFR)
MAP (psiA)
RPM (RPM)
VSS (mph)

TUX15ST

Your boost looks pretty normal to me, pretty sure this is just what happens with these car, the only thing i know of that helps slightly (1-2 psi over the dropping boost pressures here) is a stronger wastegate

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Without seeing it, I would assume that you're experiencing hard throttle closures to limit boost. In effect, yes, exceeding torque targets.