Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Factory brake pad and rotor lifespan

I am in the same boat. I have a '14. I started getting some random e-brake dash light flare ups under moderate cornering and/or moderate accelerations around the 21,000 mark. Progressively got more frequent. Around 22,000 got grinding from the front brakes. I knew exactly what that was. I did the same thing to a couple of Rangers in the past. The only thing was the Ranger OEM brakes lasted more than twice as long. I have only owned Rangers before this vehicle: '86, '92, '04. I have the exact same driving habits through all my vehicles. I was flabbergasted to find out the front brakes were lunch after 22,000 miles. The front rotors were toast too. Not from the the metal on metal, but from the shear size of the grooves that would have had to be ground away. Rears still have about 25% left, but will need rotors on the back, as well.

I opted to go for upgraded slotted rotors and ceramic pads this go around. I am not going through this again in another 20k.