Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Southern Maryland

Hello fellow forum members,

I humbly come to your forum bringing with me my 3 day old 2016 Shadow Black ST. I have also had a 15 Molten Orange FiST, and a big turbo 2011 Mazdaspeed 3. Additonally, I have a 2006 TJ Wrangler and a 16 Stingray. I look forward to learning from all of you and possibily meeting some of you on the streets.

Hello fellow forum members,

I humbly come to your forum bringing with me my 3 day old 2016 Shadow Black ST. I have also had a 15 Molten Orange FiST, and a big turbo 2011 Mazdaspeed 3. Additonally, I have a 2006 TJ Wrangler and a 16 Stingray. I look forward to learning from all of you and possibily meeting some of you on the streets.

welcome. I used to work at Pax river and in Dahlgren for a long time. I don't anymore but I know your area! I am also a convert from the MS3 community. The fiesta, to me, seems like as much if not more fun than the MS3.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
Thank you both.

Ah yes, and you made it out of the state alive, I can see there is hope for me yet. I agree with your assessment of driving the MS3 and ST; they are both great cars. the hard part is not dumping my entire tax return in to the fiesta during week one.

Welcome!

Very interesting to see your choice of cars. I'm currently cross-shopping/researching genpu Speed3 vs FiST. Would you mind providing a quick comparison of the two? You can PM me if you'd like.

Used to work at NAS Pax River. Now am up in northern Virginia. Still go down that way pretty often. Welcome to the forum!

OP
D
Thread Starter #15
Welcome!

Very interesting to see your choice of cars. I'm currently cross-shopping/researching genpu Speed3 vs FiST. Would you mind providing a quick comparison of the two? You can PM me if you'd like.
I actually love them both, over the course of my life after my S2000 i have been digging the lighter weight cars. I don't think you cant really go wrong with either the MS3 or the Fiesta. If a new MS3 came out I would have taken a serious look at it. My Pu is one of the cars I miss the most. If my memory serves me correctly the two cars in stock form drive nearly the same but it been 6 years since I drove a stock MS3 (was big turbo). The Fiesta feels lighter and has less torque steer. I like the Recaros better and I prefer the entertainment system better. This is going to be typical since the ST is years newer. Since my ST is only 6 days old to me I have not started to take it apart yet, so I cant speak on ease of modification. I only got rid of the MS3 because i could finally afford the muscle car I always wanted. that being said if i was looking at these two cars side by side I would err on the side of caution and get the car that was not modded and abused (used S2k rear end popped on 495 after one month of ownership), which would likely be the Fiesta, cause new at 17k. I know this isnt a glowing review of the MS3 but I would buy a used MS3 over a new Focus ST, if the Fiesta ST wasn't in play. Finally, my PU just felt faster than the Camaro according to the butt dyno, but in reality that was probably due to sensory overload in the extensively modified mazda. my suggestion is to test drive both, and find the one that fits your life and wallet better.