Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sekred

1000 Post Club
This is just simply the best kit there is :)
Hi guys this is our kit that we developed back in jan 2013 it uses a group A touring car foam air filter made for us by ITG and has proven to be the best kit in the uk by far I will try and find some pics and a video just need to workout how to get them on here :)
Hi Jay
Where does it draw cold air from?

I'm not a huge believer in the intake debate, yet. Can anyone explain to me why I should go with a complete kit rather than just replacing the OE filter with nice panel filter?

Hi Jay
Where does it draw cold air from?
Hi guys we have seen gains of 6 bhp and 10ft lbs of torque I would have to try and find dyno runs as theses where done around a year ago now

Cold air is feed in from the side section of the front grill and the filter section sits under the headlight cool and dry

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Can we get some more detailed pictures of the intake installed and how does one in the States order your intake?

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Having an exposed filter under the hood isn't that bad... as long as you have an efficient intercooler to cool down the charge. I had a SURE intake on my MS3 (looks a lot like the Cobb unit, except it had a flow straightener near the MAF sensor.. no CELs). My first trip to the dyno netted 13 hp to the wheels and around 18 pft (no tune, intake only).

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Having an exposed filter under the hood isn't that bad... as long as you have an efficient intercooler to cool down the charge. I had a SURE intake on my MS3 (looks a lot like the Cobb unit, except it had a flow straightener near the MAF sensor.. no CELs). My first trip to the dyno netted 13 hp to the wheels and around 18 pft (no tune, intake only).
It will be interesting to see what gains you get from the FSWERKs intake compared to what Finsport claim.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
It will be interesting to see what gains you get from the FSWERKs intake compared to what Finsport claim.
Yes, me too, although different dyno, different day applies (and I also have an exhaust system in the mix too now). I dyno'd my car on a Mustang Dyno (Cobb) & Dynojet (LG Motorsports) and the numbers for hp & torque were all over the place between the two different types of chassis dynos. One read 172 hp & 247 pft @ the Wheels (Cobb's Mustang) with just a tune and panel filter and 181 hp & 228 pft @ the wheels (LG's Dynojet) with tune, filter and exhaust system. The LG Dynojet pulls did not use a fan or have cool downs between pulls (but heat soak was not an issue as my 3rd and final run was also the best). I'd be happy with a 5 hp/5 pft gain on the dyno with my FSWERKs intake and an OTS tune. I'm not too sure how much more I will be able to gain if I keep adding modifications and still using an OTS map. I'm eagerly awaiting the Race Access software to be released so I can start tweaking the tune to accommodate my mods. Also, there could be some differences in how US-spec cars (Speed density based) respond to mods v.s. global STs (MAF based). There are advantages/disadvantages to both types of metering concepts.

TheStig

I like that it has a foam filter element. Im not a huge fan of paper/gauze filters

We have a full hard pipe to turbo which we will release with our tubular manifold and bigger turbo setup this is part of our stage3 kit coming soon

Good to see how products are moving on over there too looking good
Our stage2 with full hardware and our own calibration around 250 bhp and 270 ft lbs

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
We have a full hard pipe to turbo which we will release with our tubular manifold and bigger turbo setup this is part of our stage3 kit coming soon

Good to see how products are moving on over there too looking good
Our stage2 with full hardware and our own calibration around 250 bhp and 270 ft lbs
What turbo are you guys using with the Stage 3 kit and can you provide more details of whats included?

What turbo are you guys using with the Stage 3 kit and can you provide more details of whats included?

Full power Details will follow very soon buddy, but our current setup is our own built tubular manifold, our own spec turbo with external waste gate, our own ind kit with top ind hose, our own exhaust turbo back decat, full lower hard pipe kit inc silicone hose, our own spec intercooler, forged rods and pistons, and our own stage3 software

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Yup I was right with you checkbook in hand till that last part ... UK vs US ecu mapping .. curses foiled again...

airjor13

2000 Post Club
So I opened up my stock airbox and this is the sound of the induction! I think this is worth it for the sound alone...BSSSsssSSHHH TURBO!!!

Drilled one large circular hole at the very bottom of the airbox, then 2 more circular holes, 1 one the front, 1 on the side, then sanded down the holes. Make sure you take out your airbox and wash it really well to get rid of all the plastic cut trimmings,

The induction sound is with a Green Filter / COBB Drop-In Panel Filter! Cheap and simple mod, enjoy! [clap]

[video=youtube;5ddzP0rOyk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ddzP0rOyk0[/video]

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #55
So I opened up my stock airbox and this is the sound of the induction! I think this is worth it for the sound alone...BSSSsssSSHHH TURBO!!!

Drilled one large circular hole at the very bottom of the airbox, then 2 more circular holes, 1 one the front, 1 on the side, then sanded down the holes. Make sure you take out your airbox and wash it really well to get rid of all the plastic cut trimmings,

The induction sound is with a Green Filter / COBB Drop-In Panel Filter! Cheap and simple mod, enjoy! [clap]
Need pictures lol. Sounds great BTW.[like]

Sounds really good. How does it sound under load, do you get a heavy intake Sound? My injen on my truck sounds awesome above a certain rpm. It's also fully enclosed. With all the heat soak issues of the Injen or fs werks on the FiSt. It doesn't make sense to spend 250$+ to get the same noise we can get for free.

I'd be curious to see a dyno before and after. As well as a dyno using just that mountune hose and the drilled stock box.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
the user that cut out the bottom of the airbox reported +5hp +8tq because his shop has a dyno.

i don't doubt it

me32

1000 Post Club
Great info. at this point im waiting for Cobb to release there Stage 2 CAI

[video=youtube;5ddzP0rOyk0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ddzP0rOyk0[/video]
Hey can you make your video not private. And for now I want to learn how to do what you did with yours. Paying for school and everything takes away from modding my car lol.

Ford Community Posts