Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluedrank

Just did this small project this evening. It was a fun little exercise. Doing the entire lower section and front tube took roughly 1 roll of this heat reflective tape - http://amzn.to/2jxjASf. I was almost out of tape so I decided not to do the top box, although I might grab another roll later on to do that.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Just did this small project this evening. It was a fun little exercise. Doing the entire lower section and front tube took roughly 1 roll of this heat reflective tape
Looks pretty neat but heat soak on the ABS is pretty much nonexistent anyway. Now on my CP-E metal piping and box that's another story.

Of course, when you're at operating RPM and under load the air doesn't spend enough time in the piping to increase in temp much due to convection anyway... so the CAT and intake temps you see that are high when stopped or idling are only because of soak combined with low flow.

What do you guys think is the better intake for 2016? The injen short ram or the mishimoto? Not sure which one to pick up.

AzNightmare

What do you guys think is the better intake for 2016? The injen short ram or the mishimoto? Not sure which one to pick up.
The mishimoto has an enclosed box, right?
I would go with that one.

Injen has an exposed pod filter, those don't really work as well. But they do make a nicer sound though.

LILIKE16ST

No way I'd go with the injen ecspecially for the 16 the price is crazy for basically just a filter. Too much hot air under these hoods for an Intake like that. Between those two the mishi for sure. You could get the adapter from map or swoosh and use any of the previous intakes whIch is what I'm gonna do. I'm between the 2jr the Cobb and cpe . I'm settled on the 2jr just concerned about noise lol. I love noise but from what I hear this might be insane...

No way I'd go with the injen ecspecially for the 16 the price is crazy for basically just a filter. Too much hot air under these hoods for an Intake like that. Between those two the mishi for sure. You could get the adapter from map or swoosh and use any of the previous intakes whIch is what I'm gonna do. I'm between the 2jr the Cobb and cpe . I'm settled on the 2jr just concerned about noise lol. I love noise but from what I hear this might be insane...
Agree with LILIKE16ST. I went with the Mishimoto and a Velossa Big Mouth scoop -- ambient air temp at the intake and the cold side of the IC. It's too hot under the hood, needs air from out front of the radiator.

Hey Guys,

The COBB intake is FINALLY available for the 2016+ cars. Thanks for being so patient. It comes with the adapter and hosing which allows you to retain all the factory functionality and keep things happy. More details can be found here.

Also, if you have a 2016+ but already have the intake, the adapter you need can be purchased separately.

Kyle@COBB

i was wondering if anyone has any copies of actual dyno pulls on the performance of their intakes as i am currently looking into which intake to nab for my 2016

Can someone in California with a 2016 FiST donate their car to K&N so they will release an intake?! Lol I would but I'm pretty far from Cali

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
i have a 2016 FiST in Cali, and if you know someway i can get in contact with them then ill be more than happy to donate mine

i have a 2016 FiST in Cali, and if you know someway i can get in contact with them then ill be more than happy to donate mine
I guess you'd just have to call them and see where they do all of the test fitting and stuff. And I believe you won't have to pay for the intake system if you donate your vehicle. But I might just purchase the 14-15 intake and purchase the adapter from Whoosh. If you would be able to donate your FiST them I might just wait! I want to be able to go back to stock if I ever need to and the Whoosh adapter would make me able to do so though.

I guess you'd just have to call them and see where they do all of the test fitting and stuff. And I believe you won't have to pay for the intake system if you donate your vehicle. But I might just purchase the 14-15 intake and purchase the adapter from Whoosh. If you would be able to donate your FiST them I might just wait! I want to be able to go back to stock if I ever need to and the Whoosh adapter would make me able to do so though.

http://www.knfilters.com/air_intake/ford_fiesta_st.aspx

it looks as if they already have an intake for us

Cool. Let me know what happens!

so i got a response,

"Thank you for contacting K&N. It is difficult to say when or if we will make one as it depends on the demand for the product. If there is a demand and R&D would like to develop one then you will see your car appear on the list below. If you see your vehicle on that list in the future then fill out the form and you will be contacted by a K&N representative."

http://www.knfilters.com/search/vehicle.aspx?V=C

so check that list repeatedly and if they ever want to make one for the 16 Fiesta ST it will be listed on that page and we can apply then but ill probably be out of cali by then

just did this small project this evening. It was a fun little exercise. Doing the entire lower section and front tube took roughly 1 roll of this heat reflective tape - http://amzn.to/2jxjasf. I was almost out of tape so i decided not to do the top box, although i might grab another roll later on to do that.

what have you done to c3po!?!?!?!?!

Based

Does anyone ever get the p061a code after installing an intake? What about code p04DB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk