Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I had to cut some of the excess tape off the wiring harness to separate the different harnesses but it works well. Here is a picture of my install if that helps anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since I’m fresh out of a (successful!) year and a half long Magnuson-moss lawsuit I really didn’t want to mess with unwrapping the harness, especially since I had 500 miles on the car. Glad you got it working, I spent so long fighting with the manufacturer of my last car that I just don’t want to go there again.

Since I’m fresh out of a (successful!) year and a half long Magnuson-moss lawsuit I really didn’t want to mess with unwrapping the harness, especially since I had 500 miles on the car. Glad you got it working, I spent so long fighting with the manufacturer of my last car that I just don’t want to go there again.
Glad to hear you were successful. The intake is great and I would recommend it to anyone. It it’s kinda annoying those with the harness but it was easily corrected by removing a lot of excess tape they had on the harness. If you ever decide to try it again just shoot me a message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you were successful as well. I can't believe dealerships still try to pull this crap on people. I guess most people just roll over rather than fight them so they keep doing it.

LILIKE16ST

Does anyone make a solid intake tube to go from the turbo inlet to the stock airbox?
I don't think so. Here's my theory on that. Map tested and claimed there was no gain past changing the first pipe where their intake goes and obviously mountune felt the same as well as a few others that's the restrictive part the last part of the stock pipe isn't and by the time you're making enough power to where it does become a restriction then a hi flow panel filter in stock air box would probably also then too be a restriction in which case something like the cpe with big piping and big cone filter would be better imo. That's why I don't think anyone offers piping from the turbo all the way to the stock box but instead just the induction hose people sell.

Bluedrank

I don't think so. Here's my theory on that. Map tested and claimed there was no gain past changing the first pipe where their intake goes and obviously mountune felt the same as well as a few others that's the restrictive part the last part of the stock pipe isn't and by the time you're making enough power to where it does become a restriction then a hi flow panel filter in stock air box would probably also then too be a restriction in which case something like the cpe with big piping and big cone filter would be better imo. That's why I don't think anyone offers piping from the turbo all the way to the stock box but instead just the induction hose people sell.
The ramair crossover pipe is going to be the closest thing. It can be combined with any silicone induction tube.

LILIKE16ST

The ramair crossover pipe is going to be the closest thing. It can be combined with any silicone induction tube.
I wasn't aware of that thanks for the info. You could get both ram air induction hose and crossover pipe for a good Match and have "full intake" which uses stock st air box or the st200. My intake plans are st200 airbox combined with big mouth snorkel and ram air induction hose....I think the would be a very good intake setup with minimal heat soak and cool intake temps as well as plenty of air and potentially lowered wgdc and ability to turn the wick up in 3rd and 4th gear (based on tests I've seen on this forum ). I don't think anyone is gonna need anything better than the setup I just mentioned with anything short of 350-400 whp. I prob won't ever top 300 in this car so that's enough for me. I am deciding between the mrx and the stock turbo hybrids at this point they're in my budget range and desired power output range as well.

Bluedrank

I wasn't aware of that thanks for the info. You could get both ram air induction hose and crossover pipe for a good Match and have "full intake" which uses stock st air box or the st200. My intake plans are st200 airbox combined with big mouth snorkel and ram air induction hose....I think the would be a very good intake setup with minimal heat soak and cool intake temps as well as plenty of air and potentially lowered wgdc and ability to turn the wick up in 3rd and 4th gear (based on tests I've seen on this forum ). I don't think anyone is gonna need anything better than the setup I just mentioned with anything short of 350-400 whp. I prob won't ever top 300 in this car so that's enough for me. I am deciding between the mrx and the stock turbo hybrids at this point they're in my budget range and desired power output range as well.
That's my setup. Velossa snorkel, st200 airbox, ramair foam filter, silicone induction tube, and ramair crossover pipe.

I've just installed a cobb intake on my '16 FiST along with an AP. Already had a 3" MBRP catback, so I've been running it on the stage 2 OTS map, which Cobb's website says will work with my setup. Since the intake was installed I have noticed my Mishimoto catch can filling more quickly and with gassy oil. I even cleaned out the whole can & filter to be sure the filter wasn't causing this. Should this be expected with my setup? Should I go back to a stage 1 map instead? As for the intake , I love it. sharper throttle response, more torquey, and a great sound. It's not so loud that the intake and blow off are distracting while driving, but when I put my foot down a bit more it is fantastic.

Is the '17 FiST intake sufficient? Currently at Stage 1 but getting an exhaust, and FMIC / Piping soon (and possibly an intake depending on what I learn from this thread)

I am trying to figure out if there is a significant performance difference, or is it more of an aesthetics sort of thing for BOV noise, etc.

See picture for a reference, the circled area indicated keeps coming disconnected, is there a remedy for this?

I kind of like the 2J intake, but don't like how you have to cut a hole.

An intake without a proper tune is nearly useless. Sometimes may even trigger a warning light. I spoke to cobb and they told me to run stage 1 since I do not have a FMIC. The stock intake piping gets really thin in places even though it looks pretty large on the outside. Also it weighs a lot more than I thought it would. With a tune I have better throttle response and boost seems to come on more quickly too. Definitely worth it in my opinion

I have a cobb rear motor mount. I can double check it is still secure but haven't noticed any signs of it failing.. And seeing how I put it on a few months ago I highly doubt it would be loose or failing.

I was thinking about perhaps just getting the piping from Whoosh or something instead of a whole new intake but I'm still unsure

I have a cobb rear motor mount. I can double check it is still secure but haven't noticed any signs of it failing.. And seeing how I put it on a few months ago I highly doubt it would be loose or failing.

I was thinking about perhaps just getting the piping from Whoosh or something instead of a whole new intake but I'm still unsure
I'm sort of wondering the same thing. I was thinking of doing a big mouth at the same time as a FMIC when the bumper is off, but that and a panel filter seem like they are plenty good enough for stage 2... but possibly even stage 3 maps? Seems like you could potentially run stage 3 with just a RMM, Filter, Down pipe, FMIC/pipes. Might be good and quiet too with stock air box and exhaust.

I mean I'm getting all stage 3 supporting mods; Injen exhaust, whoosh catless DP (maybe not sure yet), whoosh FMIC and pipes, ceramic brake pads and possibly new rotors, and then looking at maybe getting a BOV or the GFB DV+... Made a thread about it but doesn't have a lot of activity.

The stock airbox seems pretty legit in my opinion, but I agree with the induction hoses seeming flimsy / restrictive... I was thinking about the big mouth too but weighing between big mouth and new induction hoses or just whole new intake.

I mean I'm getting all stage 3 supporting mods; Injen exhaust, whoosh catless DP (maybe not sure yet), whoosh FMIC and pipes, ceramic brake pads and possibly new rotors, and then looking at maybe getting a BOV or the GFB DV+... Made a thread about it but doesn't have a lot of activity.

The stock airbox seems pretty legit in my opinion, but I agree with the induction hoses seeming flimsy / restrictive... I was thinking about the big mouth too but weighing between big mouth and new induction hoses or just whole new intake.
Not to say that a big mouth is bad, but I don't see how it could be very useful when the car is pulling in and compressing air as is. Also, the stock airbox snorkels in front of the radiator to pull in cool air. When driving my intake temps are only a few degrees above ambient anyways. I think any intake that uses the stock airbox will be totally sufficient in pulling in cool air

Not to say that a big mouth is bad, but I don't see how it could be very useful when the car is pulling in and compressing air as is. Also, the stock airbox snorkels in front of the radiator to pull in cool air. When driving my intake temps are only a few degrees above ambient anyways. I think any intake that uses the stock airbox will be totally sufficient in pulling in cool air
That's what I'm thinking.. Just gonna get the intake piping from Whoosh and if I feel it's not enough I'll go from there