Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

That's what I'm thinking.. Just gonna get the intake piping from Whoosh and if I feel it's not enough I'll go from there
That should be sufficient if you're looking for better throttle response, especially with a drop in filter, but without a tune won't grant you power really. Not to say that's a bad idea, but if you choose to do a full intake in the future it may end up being money down the drain tbh.

I was curious about it and went on their website but only found this for the intake, along with a kit that included some other goodies. If you're really trying to get rid of the restrictions, you'll need to replace the hard plastic piping all the way to the turbo. I'd add pics if I didn't toss mine out, but the heaviest and thinnest parts of the intake are all the bits that run behind the engine. Not saying that the whoosh is a bad deal, but it seems like the problem you're interested in is not being addressed with that kit.

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...flow-silicone-induction-hose-kit-free-shpping

That should be sufficient if you're looking for better throttle response, especially with a drop in filter, but without a tune won't grant you power really. Not to say that's a bad idea, but if you choose to do a full intake in the future it may end up being money down the drain tbh.
I plan on doing a custom tune ;)
And yeah that's what I'm afraid of... if I do end up getting big turbo then I will put on a full intake anyway so I guess I need to find a compromise

That's what I'm thinking.. Just gonna get the intake piping from Whoosh and if I feel it's not enough I'll go from there
https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...low-silicone-induction-hose-kit-free-shipping

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...2017-ultimate-fiesta-induction-kit-ala-whoosh

I was curious about that intake and went on their site but only found these two. It seems like you're interested in removing the restrictive bits of the intake system, but these don't really address that. Most of the restriction is within the hard plastic pieces behind the engine leading up to the turbo, which these kits seems to retain. You may be more interested in a full intake system, and from what you said earlier one that retains the stock airbox/snorkel. That's why I got the Cobb intake, which replaced all the pieces that were restrictive, but kept the airbox. I'm not sure of any others that actually do that

Welp.... I was just gonna do a giant order from Whoosh motorsports since generally they're cheaper and I like their quality, and it was just simpler, but yeah the Cobb intake is nice, I like the mishimoto one as well

Welp.... I was just gonna do a giant order from Whoosh motorsports since generally they're cheaper and I like their quality, and it was just simpler, but yeah the Cobb intake is nice, I like the mishimoto one as well
Yeah, it's a great deal and I'm not saying it's a bad option at all. Just trying to help you get exactly what you want the first time. Probably better if you install it yourself and aren't interested in pulling off all that plastic too lol. Up to you, man. Either way it will be great

Yeah, it's a great deal and I'm not saying it's a bad option at all. Just trying to help you get exactly what you want the first time. Probably better if you install it yourself and aren't interested in pulling off all that plastic too lol. Up to you, man. Either way it will be great
Yeah gonna be installing it all myself... Might make a FB post about it the community there knows darn near everything about all the tips and tricks.

But I suppose I will research some more and read through these 74 other pages of questions lol!
Not like I'm in a huge hurry to buy all of these things either. It's a pretty penny for sure

Yeah gonna be installing it all myself... Might make a FB post about it the community there knows darn near everything about all the tips and tricks.

But I suppose I will research some more and read through these 74 other pages of questions lol!
Not like I'm in a huge hurry to buy all of these things either. It's a pretty penny for sure
I'm planning on doing a similar setup to what you were talking about, even have my 2JR catless DP already, just need to put it on. I'm unsure if I need to get a custom tune for that or if the cobb stage 3 OTS map is sufficient. At the moment I'm unsure if it will actually need an aftermarket FMIC to run that map, since the stock one seems to be totally sufficient for now. I'm doing fender flares atm, so I think other mods will have to wait until there are more funds lying around lol. My idea was to have a final product in my mind then create a plan to piece it together along the way, without spending on something and then removing what I've already bought.

I like reading the forums for info, but I often just contact the companies themselves to figure out the best route when I am unsure

I say get a crossover pipe and induction hose from whoosh - both by ramair, those and a filter (add a big mouth if you want) should be plenty.

Not sure if it was earlier in this thread or another one, but someone did some testing on the volume of airflow from the stock box vs. intakes and other options and if I recall the ST200 box was only a little more than ours, a big mouth did offer a small improvement as well, and some of the aftermarket options didn't offer much more if anything over the st200. Essentially seems like none of them are really worth it... maybe with a bigger turbo, but certainly not for stage 3.

I say get a crossover pipe and induction hose from whoosh - both by ramair, those and a filter (add a big mouth if you want) should be plenty.

Not sure if it was earlier in this thread or another one, but someone did some testing on the volume of airflow from the stock box vs. intakes and other options and if I recall the ST200 box was only a little more than ours, a big mouth did offer a small improvement as well, and some of the aftermarket options didn't offer much more if anything over the st200. Essentially seems like none of them are really worth it... maybe with a bigger turbo, but certainly not for stage 3.
I'm no expert, but I'd imagine that the airflow before the turbo from a big mouth would do little to actually get more air into the engine due to the compressor. I imagine it like blowing air into a vacuum cleaner using a house fan, probably won't do too much at the other end. Now imagine putting larger hoses onto that same vacuum; the end result is a vacuum that doesn't have to work as hard to bring in the same amount of air. Plus the big mouth would really only make a difference at speed and have minimal effect at launch and low rates.

LILIKE16ST

I beleive the benefit of the big mouth is because it uses the cars forward motion to RAM air into the intake track and the faster you go the more is gonna help. It should help bring down intake temps and at speed like 3rd and 4th gear pulls it's going to be ramming air into the intake to the point where it actually has an effect on waste gate duty cycle. In other words you could be pushing 20 psi and the turbo would be working the same as it used to when you were pushing 18-19 psi....meaning less strain on the turbo and the ability to make more power in particular when tuning is tweaked to accomodate. I beleive it does have an effect. Is it alot? Probably not but no bolt ons have a big effect on this car but they all add up to make a difference. When couple with a tune an intake will increase the turbos ability to spool smoother and quicker and make a small amount of power and throttle response as well. It's mostly for looks and sound but it does have some other benefits when combined with a tune. I'd do intake intercooler and a good tune on e30 if possible or the best fuel you have available and that should get you most of what's available on the stock turbo. That's just my oppinion based on what I've read here in the 2 years I've been a member.

I beleive the benefit of the big mouth is because it uses the cars forward motion to RAM air into the intake track and the faster you go the more is gonna help. It should help bring down intake temps and at speed like 3rd and 4th gear pulls it's going to be ramming air into the intake to the point where it actually has an effect on waste gate duty cycle. In other words you could be pushing 20 psi and the turbo would be working the same as it used to when you were pushing 18-19 psi....meaning less strain on the turbo and the ability to make more power in particular when tuning is tweaked to accomodate. I beleive it does have an effect. Is it alot? Probably not but no bolt ons have a big effect on this car but they all add up to make a difference. When couple with a tune an intake will increase the turbos ability to spool smoother and quicker and make a small amount of power and throttle response as well. It's mostly for looks and sound but it does have some other benefits when combined with a tune. I'd do intake intercooler and a good tune on e30 if possible or the best fuel you have available and that should get you most of what's available on the stock turbo. That's just my oppinion based on what I've read here in the 2 years I've been a member.
I was thinking about also doing the GFB DV+ so if that is the case then *I believe* since the DV+ keeps the turbo spooled while shifting (def more than what it normally does) then in higher gears as you're saying there will be at slightly noticeable difference, feeling wise, and then a moderate difference stat / monitoring wise.. in theory

I was thinking about also doing the GFB DV+ so if that is the case then *I believe* since the DV+ keeps the turbo spooled while shifting (def more than what it normally does) then in higher gears as you're saying there will be at slightly noticeable difference, feeling wise, and then a moderate difference stat / monitoring wise.. in theory
Any gains in the ST weigh more than equal gains in other cars since it's so light. I'm sure the big mouth helps in those mid gear pulls a bit, and it is aesthetic as hell. Just in my opinion its 150 bucks I could save for other things, and what I said earlier is my rationale for deciding not to buy it. If I had the extra cash and was taking off the front bumper anyways I'd consider it more. It also seems like it would be worth more if your intake does not use the stock airbox/snorkel, since that can only pull from in front of the radiator anyways

Any gains in the ST weigh more than equal gains in other cars since it's so light. I'm sure the big mouth helps in those mid gear pulls a bit, and it is aesthetic as hell. Just in my opinion its 150 bucks I could save for other things, and what I said earlier is my rationale for deciding not to buy it. If I had the extra cash and was taking off the front bumper anyways I'd consider it more. It also seems like it would be worth more if your intake does not use the stock airbox/snorkel, since that can only pull from in front of the radiator anyways
I haven't done a ton of research into the big mouth yet, but can't you simply add it along with the use of a high flow filter to the stock air box? Or do you have to remove the stock snorkel?

Works with the stock snorkel, in fact that is where the big mouth dumps its air...it uses that location.

Works well with the CPE intake and the Mishimoto intake too, since they use the stock snorkel as well and are closed boxes. The big mouth can slightly pressurize them above maybe 40 mph or something. Good for turbo.

koozy

3000 Post Club
My final setup that replaced the CP-E intake before it.

-ST200 Intake Box/Tube
-Green Panel Filter, though stock element is sufficient.
-OE intake tube, I have a Mishimoto intake tube, but it's not necessary and I prefer the sleeper look.
-RAMAIR 2.75" Crossover pipe feeds straight into the 3" inlet of the Garrett GTX2860R turbo

ST200 Intake Box & Tube.

Comparo with the stock intake box

RAMAIR Crossover Pipe

My final setup that replaced the CP-E intake before it.

-ST200 Intake Box/Tube
-Green Panel Filter, though stock element is sufficient.
-OE intake tube, I have a Mishimoto intake tube, but it's not necessary and I prefer the sleeper look.
-RAMAIR 2.75" Crossover pipe feeds straight into the 3" inlet of the Garrett GTX2860R turbo

Comparo with the stock intake box

Incredible set up! Love the sleeper/OEM look. I intend to do something similar.

So what's in the bottom half of the stock airbox? Is it just a big plastic surround for a tube that goes straight up to the box or is there some restrictive stuff there?