Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bluedrank

Does anyone know what type of material the mountune lower air box hose is made of? By the looks of it it appears to not be standard corrugated tubing. It looks almost like a mesh-like fabric judging by the pictures. I'm sure the material or tubing has a name, I just don't know what that is exactly.

Where do we stand with all of the 2016-2017 intakes? It seems like the MAP and Injen are just short rams which seem like they would bring in warmer air than the stock box, the mishimoto seems to have had a ton of issues, the CPE is pretty pricey from what I saw, and Cobb might be good quality and without codes but doesn't seem to have the benefit of much additional intake noise...

Are there actual benefits to the induction hose replacements (perhaps do that an a filter)?

Any of the 2016+ intakes CARB legal in CA?

Thanks!

jayrod1980

Well, for one thing, “cold air” intakes on turbo cars really are for additional air volume, not colder air, since the air gets heated up as it passes through the turbo. The intercooler is doing the work after that.

I have the MAP 2014 on my 2016 and grew tired of the noise, even though their hose and PCV adapter worked for me with no codes. Woosh Motorsports sells the hose and valve pre made if you don’t want to do it yourself. I’m now just using a red panel filter from Mountune which is just a red colored Green filter.

Well, for one thing, “cold air” intakes on turbo cars really are for additional air volume, not colder air, since the air gets heated up as it passes through the turbo. The intercooler is doing the work after that.

I have the MAP 2014 on my 2016 and grew tired of the noise, even though their hose and PCV adapter worked for me with no codes. Woosh Motorsports sells the hose and valve pre made if you don’t want to do it yourself. I’m now just using a red panel filter from Mountune which is just a red colored Green filter.
Nail on the head brother! Intercooler does the cooling, not the intake, it sucks in air. That's why I never cared about the performance side. It's honestly a waste of money until you upgrade the turbo. I swapped back and forth between my Injen and OEM with mountune filter only for sounds, until I upgraded the turbo. Now I always run the Injen.

Yeah after continuing to read up on all the intake options I think I am going to just do a drop-in filter. Perhaps add a big mouth whenever I do an intercooler or need to take the bumper off for something.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Yeah after continuing to read up on all the intake options I think I am going to just do a drop-in filter. Perhaps add a big mouth whenever I do an intercooler or need to take the bumper off for something.
ST200 airbox from Whoosh is another option.

ST200 airbox from Whoosh is another option.
I looked at those, but the price seems high for an "OEM" airbox. I know they have to import it, but $250 is steep so I'll probably stick with a drop-in unless I decide to do a bigger turbo at some point.

Bluedrank

I looked at those, but the price seems high for an "OEM" airbox. I know they have to import it, but $250 is steep so I'll probably stick with a drop-in unless I decide to do a bigger turbo at some point.
It's pricey sure, but I didn't hesitate to buy it. I was the guy initially asking Ron to try to bring it into the country actually. The box is literally just a plastic version of the Mountune box. So same benefit with the lower hose, just with less heatsoak due to not being made of metal. I'd have to say that the best way to go intake wise is either going to be the 2jr cowl intake, the ST200 airbox, or the ITG intake. Anything else and you're making a mistake in my opinion. The nice thing about the ST200 btw, it works just like the stock airbox does with the Velossa Tech Snorkel, which is my favorite mod for the car.

Last edited:
It's pricey sure, but I didn't hesitate to buy it. I was the guy initially asking Ron to try to bring it into the country actually. The box is literally just a plastic version of the Mountune box. So same benefit with the lower hose, just with less heatsoak due to not being made of metal. I'd have to say that the best way to go intake wise is either going to be the MAP intake, the ST200 airbox, or the ITG intake. Anything else and you're making a mistake in my opinion. The nice thing about the ST200 btw, it works just like the stock airbox does with the Velossa Tech Snorkel, which is my favorite mod for the car.
Any additional noise from the st200 airbox? Don't want all kinds of intake noises.

Bluedrank

Any additional noise from the st200 airbox? Don't want all kinds of intake noises.
As far as the decibel level goes, I don't think it adds much volume over stock, it wasn't noticeable for me. If I had to place a number on it, maybe 10 percent louder than stock.

It's pricey sure, but I didn't hesitate to buy it. I was the guy initially asking Ron to try to bring it into the country actually. The box is literally just a plastic version of the Mountune box. So same benefit with the lower hose, just with less heatsoak due to not being made of metal. I'd have to say that the best way to go intake wise is either going to be the MAP intake, the ST200 airbox, or the ITG intake. Anything else and you're making a mistake in my opinion. The nice thing about the ST200 btw, it works just like the stock airbox does with the Velossa Tech Snorkel, which is my favorite mod for the car.
Aren't the MAP and ITG short ram intakes? I'd be worried about the air temps.

Bluedrank

Aren't the MAP and ITG short ram intakes? I'd be worried about the air temps.
Oops yeah. I wrote MAP intake but what I really mean is the 2jr cowl intake. The ITG hides the filter element inside the bumper, so in theory it's actually avoiding a lot of that heat. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6785-PB-Stage-3-FiST-from-the-UK?p=120544#post120544

My number 1 pick is still the st200 though because of the fact that it uses the stock air inlet location which can accept the velossa tech snorkel. If that didn't exist I'd go with ITG. If ITG wasn't an option I'd consider the 2jr cowl intake, though I'm not sure I'd enjoy the noise long term.

Oops yeah. I wrote MAP intake but what I really mean is the 2jr cowl intake. The ITG hides the filter element inside the bumper, so in theory it's actually avoiding a lot of that heat. http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6785-PB-Stage-3-FiST-from-the-UK?p=120544#post120544

My number 1 pick is still the st200 though because of the fact that it uses the stock air inlet location which can accept the velossa tech snorkel. If that didn't exist I'd go with ITG. If ITG wasn't an option I'd consider the 2jr cowl intake, though I'm not sure I'd enjoy the noise long term.
Ah okay, yeah that ITG does look interesting... is it compatible with the 16/17s or will I need one of those adapters?

Bluedrank

Ah okay, yeah that ITG does look interesting... is it compatible with the 16/17s or will I need one of those adapters?
You're going to need an adapter on basically any intake for the 16+ models. I would either recommend getting the whoosh fix or get the Ford part from the 14 and 15 models, which is what I did. Part D2BZ-9C047-E from tasca parts.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I just sent an ITG back - the 17 harness, at least, is different in that it’s not long enough to move out of the way of the ITG pipe. I do not know if this is the same with the 16’s. Older st’s seem to have a lot of slack on the part of the harness that goes over the washer fluid bottle, with a lot of slack and foam tape around the harness leads. Ron said another 17 owner is trying an install. I asked for pics of people’s harness by the coolant because tyler over on the general forum to see what years have which harness but nobody’s posted anything yet.

I just sent an ITG back - the 17 harness, at least, is different in that it’s not long enough to move out of the way of the ITG pipe. I do not know if this is the same with the 16’s. Older st’s seem to have a lot of slack on the part of the harness that goes over the washer fluid bottle, with a lot of slack and foam tape around the harness leads. Ron said another 17 owner is trying an install. I asked for pics of people’s harness by the coolant because tyler over on the general forum to see what years have which harness but nobody’s posted anything yet.
Oh good to know. I'm definitely going to just hold off on an intake for now... too many issues/variables. Probably won't do one at all unless I end up going with a big turbo kit or something down the road.

Oh good to know. I'm definitely going to just hold off on an intake for now... too many issues/variables. Probably won't do one at all unless I end up going with a big turbo kit or something down the road.
I had to cut some of the excess tape off the wiring harness to separate the different harnesses but it works well. Here is a picture of my install if that helps anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk