Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gauging interest: M factory updated CV axle shafts.

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Ok guys this thread is a feeler to find out if anyone else is interested in Mfactory making some updated CV axles for our cars. I was told the cost would be about $999 and a $500 deposit would be required for the first batch. Once we reach 7-8 members with a ready deposit. We can make this happen. I have already send my spare Axles in to [MENTION=7172]MFactory[/MENTION] and they will get the ball rolling on production. Once we have enough interest.

I don't know about you guys but I'm over breaking axles at the track and willing to give @M-factory an extra set of axles I have to get this all going. Please post here if your interested so I can get a head count going.

Interested members:
1. [MENTION=2054]Perfblue15[/MENTION] (deposit ready)
2. [MENTION=3494]AntTrain[/MENTION] (interested)
3. [MENTION=5059]RED RYDER[/MENTION] (deposit ready)
4. [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] (deposit ready)
5. TyphoonFist (interested)
6. Xaendeau (deposit ready)
**DISCLAIMER**
No deposits have been taken or will be taken until [MENTION=7172]MFactory[/MENTION] gives me the green light to produce these.

Last edited:
OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
By "you guys" I assume you just mean the handful of others putting down twice the HP the car was designed for. Cause I think the rest of us are doing just fine in the axle department. [rofl]
Yeah i meant us high hp giys I guess, or anyone who drag races. I've broken 3 axles so far.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
By "you guys" I assume you just mean the handful of others putting down twice the HP the car was designed for. Cause I think the rest of us are doing just fine in the axle department. [rofl]
My axles have been fine through 1/2 and 1/4 drag racing.*crosses fingers* Not say I wouldn't be interested in the future.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is anyone breaking the half shafts/CVs while road racing/open tracking regardless of power levels?? [???:)]

I NEVER plan to drag race this car, let alone launch it on huge wrinkle walls, on a prepped pad, with big power, so will I EVER need these?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
What do you want the new title to read as and I'll be happy to change it for you?
I got on a pc and fixed it thank you though

My axles have been fine through 1/2 and 1/4 drag racing.*crosses fingers* Not say I wouldn't be interested in the future.
Haha keep them crossed. I broke 1 of my axles on the street on street tires. Doing street car things lol

I got on a pc and fixed it thank you though

Haha keep them crossed. I broke 1 of my axles on the street on street tires. Doing street car things lol

Are you by any chance on a singlemass flywheel and upgraded clutch?

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Are you by any chance on a singlemass flywheel and upgraded clutch?
Spec stage 4 clutch on the stock dual mass. It was a nightmare to drive with the single mass. It is soon to be a spec 3 plus and the single mass when I install the new engine next month.

i am finding that the standard clutch and dual mass are nice and gentile on the gearbox and drivertrain, the minute its upgraded the rest suffers

OP
Perfblue15

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
interested but need some specs
Specs will come soon. M factory wanted to see if there would be interest in axles before they committed to making a product. They will basically be the same materials as the focus st Axles just in sizing for our cars.

SFP

[MENTION=1098]DHM[/MENTION] and some customers have been putting down 400/350 for some time and pushing it further each day :) [MENTION=759]Hijinx[/MENTION] is up there for sure!

At that power level, our standard SAE 4320 axles should suffice. We use these on our BMW 335i's putting down over 600lbs without issue.

300M is expensive and over-rated. There are better choices of steel available when you do start pushing 800lbs+ (which is highly unlikely in your Fiesta ST's)

Also, just to point out:

1) Whilst we would be more than happy to produce axles for you, we would not want to make them if they are not really required (yeah, I know. Contradicts business sense, but that's how we operate! We want to work "with" the community, not just make money off it)
2) Broken axles is not just about power, but also chassis setup and, most importantly, driving style. If you are breaking axles at relatively low power levels (and it's not a known fault/issue), then you would be best looking into other areas of your setup to see if that is the cause of the issue(s). Anything from suspension setup to driving environment can cause a failure i.e lots of variables

koozy

3000 Post Club
there have been a number of guys that have broken their driveshafts several times, usually the passenger side. A few on the stock frame size turbo and a few more with larger GTX turbos. Not everyone who has broken driveshafts are active on this forum. One owner reached out to the Driveshaft Shop, sent them driveshafts about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, nothing has happened, so people are just stocking up with extra OE driveshafts, since they're relatively cheap just a PIA to keep swapping them.