Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

3 new interior bling mods, gotta show off

jeff

2000 Post Club
Got the third of 3 newish things today....somehow these 3 mods are bringing me great joy as a set all in the same area...

1, ST build # plaque, $37.85 from Austria
2, Redlinegoods custom striped shift boot, $44 from Poland
3, Mustang GT350 shift knob, $99 from USA (cjponyparts)

Together I think these look great especially with my RLG 2-tone armrest cover, it really brings some new life to the shifter area. Enjoy the pics!

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Right over here:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Plaques-(and-how-to-get-one)?highlight=number

EDIT I didn't realize I also had my hand brake garnish in that picture....x4 bling!!
^^^That all does look GREAT together, like it was a premium option from the factory! [thumb]

One question on the handbrake lever insert; have you ever seen one of these in a more brushed, 'toned down', rest of the silver interior trim matching finish, instead of the shiny chrome-like finish??

That all looks great. I really like your color combinations with the matching/contrasting thread. Nice job!

Hats off also to Redlinegoods for their willingness to make custom leather bits for our cars.

As to the e-brake, I got mine off ebay from China. It's plastic with a metallic coating and scratches up nicely. On the Antiques Roadshow I think they call it "patina," although I'm not sure that applies to Chinese plastic.

But it works.

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #11
So email him the VIN and he can source a build number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, and the payment. Email him, he's a great guy and the piece is top quality.

^^^That all does look GREAT together, like it was a premium option from the factory! [thumb]

One question on the handbrake lever insert; have you ever seen one of these in a more brushed, 'toned down', rest of the silver interior trim matching finish, instead of the shiny chrome-like finish??
Thanks. I'm not aware that something exists as you describe. I actually ordered the product below but they sent me the wrong thing so it ended up being free, so I kept it. Maybe I could paint it to match better, I have thought of that.

Where you get the e-brake chrome?

Here it is:

https://www.amazon.com/Atpmtas-Hand...159587&sr=8-1&keywords=Handbrake+cover+fiesta

That all looks great. I really like your color combinations with the matching/contrasting thread. Nice job!

Hats off also to Redlinegoods for their willingness to make custom leather bits for our cars.

As to the e-brake, I got mine off ebay from China. It's plastic with a metallic coating and scratches up nicely. On the Antiques Roadshow I think they call it "patina," although I'm not sure that applies to Chinese plastic.

But it works.
Thanks. Yes RLG really makes great stuff and they are great to work with, I had to get this a bit customized to fit because of the stripe (added thickness caused need to modify it a bit) but they worked with me.

Nice Jeff! How are you liking this knob?

Thanks! Well it looks awesome and feels similar to stock but I haven't driven yet. It is a bit heavier and maybe a half inch higher. If I end up keeping it I might remove the retaining nut and use locktite so it can sit a bit lower like stock.

I really like how the plaque is center-line with the shift boot stripe and helps to maintain the symmetrical layout of the center stack forward of the shifter. A subtle yet 'tasteful' touch. The color and stitch pattern of the stripe appears to match the Recaro seats perfectly too.

What exactly did you need to do to to accommodate the added thickness of the stripe?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I really like how the plaque is center-line with the shift boot stripe and helps to maintain the symmetrical layout of the center stack forward of the shifter. A subtle yet 'tasteful' touch. The color and stitch pattern of the stripe appears to match the Recaro seats perfectly too.

What exactly did you need to do to to accommodate the added thickness of the stripe?
Thanks much, yeah I thought all that out before ordering....glad you like it!

To the stripe, what had happened was this: When they sent me the boot, it would not fit because the thickness of the leather (due to the extra material because of the addition of the stripe) caused the orifice that is supposed to fit into the reverse lockout mechanism to be too bulky. So contacted them and they were really great about it - I asked them to make another one and fold the 12' and 6 o'clock areas over and stitch so it would look nice, but extend the material at the 3' and 9 o'clock areas upward so that it would engage the reverse lockout/shift interface. There's a clamp there where the material grabs. Sounds confusing but it's pretty basic if you're looking at the parts. Anyhow they made a 2nd one for me and sent it for free and even let me keep the old one though it is useless....the new one fit perfectly and it looks really great. If anyone ends up ordering the same boot I suppose you could tell them to duplicate what they did for me so it will fit. I am available for questions if any of that does not make sense.

well done Jeff
looks awesome!
Thanks Ron! Nice website and product line btw!

I think what you are saying makes sense... So basically the reverse lockout/shift interface needs to clamp over a material of a similar thickness? And by folding the stripe over just below the clamping area (stitching it down to secure), allows you to clamp over the two halves of the black leather material, which like you said is extended further up and around on each side?

Does that create any gaps at the 12 and 6 o clock positions between the collar and the fold over line?

OP
jeff

jeff

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
I think what you are saying makes sense... So basically the reverse lockout/shift interface needs to clamp over a material of a similar thickness? And by folding the stripe over just below the clamping area (stitching it down to secure), allows you to clamp over the two halves of the black leather material, which like you said is extended further up and around on each side?

Does that create any gaps at the 12 and 6 o clock positions between the collar and the fold over line?

I think we are on the same page. The stripe part was folded and stitched so that it looked clean since it was too thick to be fastened into the clamp. So as you can see in the picture yes there is a very small gap where the 2 red arrows are but it is unnoticeable at 6 and 12 o'clock, but with fold/stitch it looks clean. The first one they sent was not like that. In terms of the lockout clamping at 3 and 9, that is where the material extends up into the mechanism and is held in place. Normally all the material would fit into the mechanism (like the stock piece) but it's too thick with the stripe added.

Hope that makes sense. PM me if not and I'll call you to answer any other questions. Or I can take more close up pics and post them.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Jeff you're a solid guy, always willing to help, even in the phone. True scholar!