Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Are the Fiesta ST Resonator and Muffler Straight Through or chambered?

Just curious if anyone has pics of the inside of the OEM Fiesta ST Resonator and Muffler. Debating on changing out the muffler for a Vibrant Oval Straight Through and the Resonator for a Straight Through Ultra Quiet to remove any baffling/restriction but to keep noise in check.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
That, or just if someone removed it, have a look in the pipe. Should be pretty obvious.

That, or just if someone removed it, have a look in the pipe. Should be pretty obvious.
Not always that simple... my magna flow muffler for the mazdaspeed3 was a "straight" through flow but change directions in the muffler so you couldn't see through it.

I still saw noticeable gains over the stock MS3 muffler to the magnaflow. Just some food for thought. Murphy's law likes to screw with me...

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Yep just curious if it was straight through or not

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
I was considering the same setup but with custom 2.5 piping. If you do it with the stock pip?ng definitely make a vid, I'd like to hear how it sounds.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
The oem muffler is chambered, def not straight through. Oem resonator is straight through but with gaps in the internal pipes and some odd bent edges etc. Def a nice sotp gain from replacing both with 2.25" magnaflow straight throughs. First pic is inside the oem resonator, 2nd is inside the oem muffler.

OP
S
Thread Starter #8
Should note too, drone went notably down with the magnaflow replacing both resonator and muffler, vs more drone with oem resonator and magnaflow muffler oddly. Tone is much nicer too, more burble, no rasp at all.

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
The intake symposer is plugged on mine. The drone from the exhaust itself went way down. I think the OEM resonator functions to stop the "burble" and light pops from a straight through exhaust. I get more burble/deep pops now and much less drone with the Magnaflow. Much preferred